Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nigel

Cutting blade off wood stick

I know this sounds like a weird question and people would be wondering why the hell I would want to do this but it's basically out of curiousity and an experiment I'd like to try. Anyways, has anyone ever tried cutting the blade off a normal wood stick and using it in a standard shaft? Obviously you would have to shave down the handle so it would fit inside the shaft and then glue it in. What type of glue would you use as well? thanks.

So are you gonna cut a hole in a wood stick and put a blade in it. :huh: If so it seems like more trouble than its worth. If u actually got it done the blade would snap out in a matter of seconds.

So are you gonna cut a hole in a wood stick and put a blade in it. :huh: If so it seems like more trouble than its worth. If u actually got it done the blade would snap out in a matter of seconds.

:lol:, no, the other way around. Inserting the wood blade from the stick into a composite shaft.

O crap. I misinterpurated that big time. But since a wood stick is around $25 and a wood blade is around $25 so i don't see the point then unless you have a wood stick that you love the pattern on it and can't find it in a blade.

I know a guy around here who does that, he's just cheap.

Yeah, just want to try it out of curiousity. Anywho, what type of glue is recommended to use?

I know a guy around here who does that, he's just cheap.

Yeah, just want to try it out of curiousity. Anywho, what type of glue is recommended to use?

You can buy glue stick made for hockey . Those would probably work good.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try it sometime next week.

Btw, isn't it amazing of the amount of time it takes for a reply? I love it. :)

I broke a easton z-carb stick in half so I tried this too. It didn't work, but the only reason I suspect it was unsuccessful was the crappy wood on the inside of the fiberglass on the z-carbs.

I've tried to do it with several of my broken woodies. Unless the core of the wooden shaft is very strong it dosn't work because the tenon will just snap during a shot; i.e. it dosn't work for wooden shafts that are re-enforced with graphite or fibreglass becuase the core is very weak.

I've tried to do it with several of my broken woodies. Unless the core of the wooden shaft is very strong it dosn't work because the tenon will just snap during a shot; i.e. it dosn't work for wooden shafts that are re-enforced with graphite or fibreglass becuase the core is very weak.

You're talking about the wodden blade you cut off right?

You're talking about the wodden blade you cut off right?

That is correct.