Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedlite44

labeda genesis wheels

holy shit! :rolleyes: that wheel doesn't belong on a pair of skates... those look freaking pimped out! just add spiners in the middle and you got yourself the perfect wheel. :lol: man it looks nice! but it sounds like the 2005 dynasty with a lite hub just like the RR blue flame. sure looks nice though B) also i don't know if it's true but it said 95% rebound which is crazy cause even the RR has only 82% and they have the soft core.

I never had them but they look nice. i want a pair of them. the only problem is they only have micro hub ones and i only have normal bearings? can you use the same bolts and axels on normal bearings and on micro humbs?

haven't skated on them but they will be on the new Code 1 skate by Tour, which has shed some serious weight off the Beemer/Blue Max while keeping the same last..

they have "footprints" coming from the hub..i guess to provide a bit more support..interesting idea..just have to see if it works

I never had them but they look nice. i want a pair of them. the only problem is they only have micro hub ones and i only have normal bearings? can you use the same bolts and axels on normal bearings and on micro humbs?

you can use the same axles, but you'll have to get different spacers, as the micro bearings are thinner than regular, causing standard spacers to slide around in the wheel. These look like Labedas answer to Rink Rat and Revision, creating a wheel designed around getting alot of rebound and grip. Labeda and Hyper have been real stagnant for the last several yrs, allowing newer companies on the market to take marketshare.

Greg Thompson...roller hockey player extraordinaire....I'll see if I get him to upload a pic of his..

has anyone tried these wheels before? i'm thinking of trying either these as my front wheels or maybe the revisions. i need top grip for my front two wheels and i heard revisions have the best grip but the genesis just looks to cool

Shute, haven't tried them..but are you using mini's now...while its cool to mix wheels, durometers etc..I'd stay away from mixing mini and 608 bearings...

as for your earlier comment about urethane...a few years ago i skated on some wheels by Prime that were consistently over 90% rebound..their Chem 10's were a great wheel...just needed more $ for marketing..

ya i'm stuck with 688 bearings right now cause of my PF10's. i don't like the bearings and i'll replace them with some 608 bones asap but i have to use up the RR blue flames that came with it first. btw does anyone know if they make bones for 688 bearings as well?

the Blue Flames are pretty good wheels, I'll let you know after this week how I personally feel they compare. They are definitely a step above the Hotshot, but I'm trying Hornets for the first time this week. Bones unfortunately doesn't do micro, but bsb makes a swiss micro

i've used the hornets on my D1's and they seem to be the same as the blue flames. i wouldn't pay $1 US more to buy them over the hornets though but i think it's safe to say they are the best 688 wheels you'll find unless those cool looking genesis wheels are better.

sorry k71..I think they went back to Tour for inspection...so i guess just keep checking the photoreflect site...

I'll see if I can't snap a few pics from CJ Yoder, I've seen him wearing them, but didn't know what they were until someone said something.

Did CJ make the move to Colorado Springs? I don't think we'll see Eddie this weekend in Colorado for the regional as they have had him mostly in the east lately..

Yep, CJ is here now. He's running the Stallions teams for SIHA, formerly coached by Dave Fromm. I've seen him and one of the coaches from the Denver area wearing the Code1 skates at the last adult travel tourny we had, unfortunately, there aren't any good shots of the skates in the team pics from that tourny, so I'll see if I can't grab a pic or two next time I see CJ around.

Yea CJ moved to Colorado. I know him very well he use to be my coach and friend. Yea he moved there from around here where he had ran the rink in Broomall but yea please e-mail me a link if you can get a good shot of the new tour skate at hockeyroller2@comcast.net

I Just ordered a pair of these wheels they will be here tommaro. does anyone here use these wheels? if so what do you think of them when i get them and put them on ill tell you what you think of them and post a link to them so you can see what they look like on my skates.

THEY SUCK...Mind you there not bad wheels i got them for free so i dont really care but here are the pro's and con's

PRO's

Best Grip I've ever got from a 74a wheel (i use 76a)

Lightest Wheel ive Ever used

Best on Tour Hum'er chassis (all 80mm)

Con's

Most expensive wheel

If you skate hard you'll rip them up

aren't very reliable

HORRIBLE for Defensemen one shot taken to the wheels and this wheel is in 3 pieces