Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Buying Rollers

Alright. Summers almost here and I dont own rollerskates, so im planning to buy some.

I dont know ANYTHING bout roller, so here are some questions:

Is the sizing-method the same procedure like with iceskates ?

Ive got a 9.5EE in my Bauer Vapor VII - which do i need in other brands ?

Do i have to buy some special kind of wheels ?

I dont want to play (much) rollerhockey, i also want to build/keep stamina and stuff, which modell would be good ?

Thanks !

the skate sizes are usually very similar...

and if your using your rollerblades for outdoor, i suggest you get some hard wheels, ie wheels with high durometer like 84a or something.

the skate sizes are usually very similar...

and if your using your rollerblades for outdoor, i suggest you get some hard wheels, ie wheels with high durometer like 84a or something.

most skate sizes are similair, but beware if you want to get nikes, they run big. example: i wear a size 9.5 shoe, i went with a 6.5 skate

If you want to keep the cost down..just go to a PIAS(Play It Again Sports)..if there is one near you, and keep trying on inline skates untill you find something comfortable for you...then if needed invest in a set of outdoor wheels which should not cost you over $3.00ea....If the wheels are still the same height, you might just try them without investing in new ones if playing on concrete or asphalt...if they slip a lot..go get some new ones.

That's probably the cheapest way to get something you feel comfortable with just to try out the sport.

If you want to keep the cost down..just go to a PIAS(Play It Again Sports)..if there is one near you,

I think he's from Europe... so I doubt there is a PIAS over there

Alright. Summers almost here and I dont own rollerskates, so im planning to buy some.

I am pretty much in the same boat. Yesterday I was walking through a SportChek in Toronto the other day planning to check out sticks, and they had what seemed to be a decent sale on inlines. Whenever I see a big "Sale" sign, I can't help but stop and look.

I ended up buying a pair of Nike Quest 1s for $150 CAD, the tag said the regular price was $389; is that a decent price for these ? Are these decent skates for beginners ? I have no immediate plans to actually play roller, but I ended up thinking that I might be able to get a little extra conditioning and practice in by skating around inside a schoolyard/tennis court with a stick and a ball. - at least, that's how I explained it to my wife.

Should rollers fit the same way as ice skates ? An earlier post said that Nikes fit large, but I wear a 7.5 shoe, have 6.5 Grafs, and the Nike 7 seemed to fit pretty well (at least from the common ice-advice that the toe should be grazing toe cap, which it does). Is this also good advice for rollers ? The skate says it fits a 7.5 US shoe, but somewhere else it says it fits an 8 shoe. Anyone have experience with this particular skate ?

If I am skating outdoors, can someone recommend a particular outdoor wheel ? A good cheap place to buy this stuff in the GTA ?

I tried skating around in (very tight) circles in my little living room, it feels weird compared to ice skates - like I am on rails. The only way I could really turn in that space was to do cross overs.

I am pretty much in the same boat. Yesterday I was walking through a SportChek in Toronto the other day planning to check out sticks, and they had what seemed to be a decent sale on inlines. Whenever I see a big "Sale" sign, I can't help but stop and look.

I ended up buying a pair of Nike Quest 1s for $150 CAD, the tag said the regular price was $389; is that a decent price for these ? Are these decent skates for beginners ? I have no immediate plans to actually play roller, but I ended up thinking that I might be able to get a little extra conditioning and practice in by skating around inside a schoolyard/tennis court with a stick and a ball. - at least, that's how I explained it to my wife.

Should rollers fit the same way as ice skates ? An earlier post said that Nikes fit large, but I wear a 7.5 shoe, have 6.5 Grafs, and the Nike 7 seemed to fit pretty well (at least from the common ice-advice that the toe should be grazing toe cap, which it does). Is this also good advice for rollers ? The skate says it fits a 7.5 US shoe, but somewhere else it says it fits an 8 shoe. Anyone have experience with this particular skate ?

If I am skating outdoors, can someone recommend a particular outdoor wheel ? A good cheap place to buy this stuff in the GTA ?

I tried skating around in (very tight) circles in my little living room, it feels weird compared to ice skates - like I am on rails. The only way I could really turn in that space was to do cross overs.

i got the exact same pair...i'm totally loving them. althought when i bought them a couple months back, they had em marked down to $99, which was supposed to be only for 1 store, but it got marked down like that at every sport chek for a while, so i snagged em.

I would be happy if you could help me with that.

Good Question ;)

In my Sneakers i got a 11, sometimes 11.5, sometimes 10.5 but i would say 11 cause its in the middle.

in my bauer iceskates i have a 9.5 ee

As far as outdoor wheels go, Rink Rat Worldcups are a great harder wheel and epuck has some "cosmetic blems" for $3US/wheel, I think. I bought some a few weeks ago and haven't had any problems. A lot of guys here recommend the Hyper Pro 250's as well.

Zak, most people would say you really need to try on skates before you buy them to get the right size. It is nearly impossible to guess the right skate for you based on shoe size. Almost all brands and lines skates fit differently...ie slight to moderate differences in length, width, arch etc.

10.5EE Mission

8.5/9EE Nike

9.5/9EE CCM

9.5 Tour

Probably aren't "exact", but should give you a general idea and be within a 1/2 size.

10.5EE Mission

8.5/9EE Nike

9.5/9EE CCM

9.5 Tour

Probably aren't "exact", but should give you a general idea and be within a 1/2 size.

Eazy, are you sure Bauer and Nike are not the same size. You might be right, but it would be strange to have different size in the same company.

Eazy, are you sure Bauer and Nike are not the same size. You might be right, but it would be strange to have different size in the same company.

He's right.

Yeah, good news.

I found some pair in the back of the garage in a box.

My old hockeyskates, i owned them when i was like 15 [i totally forgot that].

I tried them on (just for fun) AND THEY FIT !

Holy moly, thats so cool, i just need some new wheels and bearings and i can rock on ;)

Hooray