Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaptainZbubble

im new to the roller world

im playing roller hockey for the first time . ive played

travel ice hockey for a while. i need a good pair of skates. i need everyone's

help in deciding what i should do. im deciding between closeout 2003 mission

D1's or new 2004 mission D3c's. what do you think? they run for the same price

so im not concerned with that factor. also i need suggestions with sizing. i wear

graf 727's size 9.0 wide(for ice). what size do you tink would work for mission? also,

iam planning on buying a ccm 852 girdle with ccm maverick pants. does any

one have opinions on any of these products?

thanks,

CaptainZbubble

Cannot comment on the pants. I'm still using my old school Built Rite Girdle. The skates I'd definately go with the closeouts. I've heard nothing but great things. A top of the line product from last year is better than mid this year any day of the week in my mind. Unless there have been durastic upgrades, but I don't see any.

You need to try on the D1s. A friend of mine like his skates real tight at the top, and when the boot stretched it actually touches on the front of his ankle. If they stretch any more then the won't tie.

You might also look at Hyper pants, I have their top of the line pants. Best pants I have had up to this point.

go with the D1s, I just got them and I LOVE THEM. Went from quest 1s to them and it's a change, but one for the better. Check into the newer mission and tour pants, way comfortable. Can't say anything about this year's, but last year's tour pants are real comfortable and light also.

I just picked up a set of the Mission 2003 d-limiteds and I must say, if you can find them, they are awesome skates. Very comfy right out of the box. They are bakeable also.

I have also read somewhere that the d-limited are the first skate that mission came out with using the d1c dna technology....same as the 2004 skates. hockeygiant.com and totalhockey.net have the d-limiteds.

2004 d3s are a good skate for around $200. they are lighter then the d1s and d2s also are updated from last years models,the difference between some prices could just be bearings and wheels.inline skates change from year to year only getting better.

i ended up goin for bauer 20-70's. i got a good price for them and im wearing them as i type. I still need to buy pants and a girdle. what is light and very protective? im open to all suggestions.

CaptainZbubble

I had a Mission girdle that lasted for quit awhile. I replaced it with a CCM and after about a year it about time to replace it. I will probably go with a Mission or a light weight ice pant. As far as inline pants, I have had Mission, Hyper, and Black Buscuit. So far the Hyper Platnium pants are the best that I have had.

i would go with a mission girdle, very light and good protection and you can move around in it very good, for pants i would say go wit the syven 701 best roller pant i have used, i have worn black biscuit and mission. you playin indoor or outdoor??

Just use your ice girdle, and pull the hard pads out of the inner pockets and then leave just the foam. Lot's of guys in the pros wear no girdles at all, or shoulder pads either..even in MLRH...(full contact inline)...real "throwbacks" lol.

As for pants..depends where (what surface you are playing on)..if you are playing on concrete, or asphalt, or sanded paint over concrete...don't waste your money on new pants...Play It Again...pick yer poison...they will be trashed in no time, no matter what the brand, on these surfaces.

Even on sport court..get used ones...then everyone will think you have been at this for a while..... :P The best players I know all wear the crappiest stuff for pick up or house hockey...seems to be the same theory as the supermodels with the ripped jeans lol.

i was just wondering...is a girdle a nessary piece of equipment? all my lhs's

dont carry them but carry everything els accept girdles.am i wasting money buying one?

again, i playing on sports court and im in a midget division(first time playing roller).

Thanks,

CaptainZbubble

Its not necessary, but its a good thing to have espeacially since its your first time playing roller. The sport court can get real slippery at times and when you try to stop your skate fly right out from underneath you.

yo captain z have you ever landed on your tail bone?a good girdle cant hurt,i use a girdle from nexed {the fluid }or check out mission,go on hockey giant also your playing on sport court,use a soft wheel.have fun.

I recommend not wearing a girdle, unless you're playing full-contact roller. It doesn't hurt to get hit by a puck, you shouldn't be falling much, and you'll sweat less. The few bumps and bruises you'll get shouldn't be a big deal. I played with one for a few months when I started playing, stopped wearing it about six months ago, and don't plan on going back.

The mission d2 girdle is a really light weight girdle and is pretty affordable. Just has some foam inserts, and a tail bone protector, I don't even realize i'm wearing it.

I played with one for a few months when I started playing, stopped wearing it about six months ago, and don't plan on going back.

That's a pretty common theme....it's about 50/50 I would say...or even less wear them, mostly due to the heat, plus the added freedom.

I played with one for a few months when I started playing, stopped wearing it about six months ago, and don't plan on going back.

That's a pretty common theme....it's about 50/50 I would say...or even less wear them, mostly due to the heat, plus the added freedom.

I didn't wear one when I first started playing. But after a while on the floor and the floor getting dusty, I would sometimes have my skates slip out from under me, causing me to fall on my hip. 2 or 3 times of that have convinced me that a girdle is the way to go. Now adays, I can't even lie on my right side for long periods of time.

I never wore one for probably 7 or 8 years. It does add some bulk and can get warmer but I hate playing without it. I've fallen hard on my tailbone which had me walking funny for a week. Shots don't hurt? You must be starting out and people aren't taking hard slaps that leave black fist-sized bruises that take weeks to go away.

Like I said....use your ice girdle, and leave the tailbone pad in if you like, but take the hard pads out and just leave the foam shells in place...makes for a very light, agile, and not very bulky girdle. Cheap too....

I highly recommend the Nike Hi_ho Silver quest skates, by far the most comfortable skates ive ever used compared to D-1C etc

That's been a very common impression from everyone who has worn them.

you could probably get a good girdle cheep at a online hockey store,ive tried the ice pants before,to bulky, the inline girdles breathe a little also,not alot but better than the ice pants.