Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaptainZbubble

im new to the roller world

I wasn't talking about the "ice pants" but an ice girdle used with a shell, made from Lycra..like a Bauer or Tackla, CCM etc. If you take out the pads..they are removable, and are usually split foam pads with a hard plastic insert. Remove the hard plastic inserts, and put the foam padding only back in. These girdles are even less bulky than traditional Foam Girdles for roller hockey, and very light. Leave the hard pad on the tailbone if you like.

When my son wore these for ice and roller..you could not even tell if he was wearing a girdle visually, but he preferred the converted ice girdle to the roller hockey ones he tried. And when ice season rolled around..we just put the hard pads back in (if the girdle still fit him).

I had a pair of the Gear pants with built in pads. Much more bulky but similar in feel to my ice pants.

i recommend getting a girdle...most girdles are fine for inline mostly same protection a feel just get one u will play ten times better than without cuz you wont be worried about gettin hurt. And if u want a nice inline pant try the 2003 or 2004 mission pants....i believe i have 2004 d-3 pants i love em..just dont waist ur money on the real expensive pant or the d-1 cheaper ones sometimes last longer.

to add to my reply...i have a bauer girdle like lightspeed or something like that..its good not bulky at all and protection...i would recommend getting a new mission girdle too those DNA series are high quality

to add to my reply...i have a bauer girdle like lightspeed or something like that..its good not bulky at all and protection...i would recommend getting a new mission girdle too those DNA series are high quality

next time just, click edit at the top of your last post and put it all into the one. It makes it a bit easier.

i havent worn a girdle or chest protector since i was 10 and im 16 now. In my opinion you can just move better and dont get so hot. Sure ive fallen a few times and hurt my hips and ive been hit by a few shots, but its not that bad. I recommend you try playing with and without it and just see what you like better.