Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shute

playing team revision tonight

Revisions came along way from there first set of wheels. Ive been on different sets and rebound speed and grip have been a major upgrade. Last years model I had no complaints about at all. Then the varient series came out and I felt like I could come out of turns with the same speed as I came in as opposed to some other companys ive used. With other wheels I would slip because the wheels didnt bend enough or have enough grip on turns. Thats what makes these wheels so good.

Hiw di they compare with RR's?  The only thin gim concerned about is durability ( i get a crazy amount out of my hornets, but are anxious to give these a shot) 10.00 a pop is a lot for something that may die on me in a few games)

ive used RR before i went on revisions, now i cant use any other wheel. Revisions wont die out on you in a couple of games. They will last a good couple of months at least. Like I said earlier in this thread, i play 4-5 times a week and got about 3-4 months out of these wheels. not saying RR is a bad wheel, they do have good grip and durability. I felt when i used RR the wheels were alittle slow. Revisions bring speed grip and durability, thats just my 2 cents

Take it from a parent with 2 boys who play AAA roller and ice ....the Revision Platinum wheels are the best. I bought so many different brands and types of wheels over the years, I could melt them down and have several sets of tires for my SUV!!! But all those wheels and all those claims to performance by each supplier dont mean a thing if the player does not like them and wont skate on them.....

After using wheels now for 10 years.....the boys love the performance of the Revisions, the grip and thier ability to carve the tightest turns while maintaing optimum surface grip with consistent feel is unbeliveable. Since they also play AAA ice, they feel the Revisions are compareable to the abiltiy to drive hard and hockey stop on a dime or reverse direction and carve a 180 turn at full speed and wicked body angle...this can not be done with other skates.

Both use Platinum all the way around.....thier sizes below

boy 1 = 5'11" 175lbs

boy 2 = 6'2" 195lbs

Doing this with other wheels causes lots of blow outs (chunks of outer urethane rubber) to chunk out of the wheels...and in the middle of a game this is the last thing they want to deal with....as a player or parent...

They wear them on sport court, on roll on and to be honest do wear them back and forth to the car at times after a long day of play....but they still perform.

From a parents point of view #1 is durability but not at the price of performance, durability leads to less wheel replacements, which lowers total cost of ownership, lower equipment down time during games, and last but not least a high purchase cost to performance ratio and replacement timeframe.....Revisions are the best.

I dont think parents always look at the cost of wheels vs replacements....especially with younger kids.....they get expensive,,,but when little Johnny wants new wheels and is whining about it, it is not always easy to tell them to be quite and just skate. Most younger kids.....or inexperienced parents (the equipment bank) see the graphics wearing off a wheel and feel they have to run out and buy a new pair....not the case at all.

Thanks Revision......one comment so far...they are hard to find and buy.....thanks for selling them at some of the tourneys.....this helps....but we need to see them out in some of the pro shops....

ah.... :ph34r: who are all these first timers that keep on popping out of no where everytime revision wheels come up? :blink: it just looks very fishy to me but maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:

These wheels sound durable on something like sportcourt, but do they hold up well on ice court? I've got some 950s and didn't have luck with the wheels that came with them, so am currently on RR hornets. These have gone well so far, but I'm all for something better. I don't know how common ice court is, but I don't see my local rink (Richmond, VA) changing in the near future.

It would also be nice to have some wheels that didn't blow out while skating hard, more of an ice style, on the ice court. I know ice court is rough, but are we all just out of luck when it comes to good wheels?

I have ice court as well (and sportcourt)....I like the ice court but it tears up every wheel.....your out of luck....its gonna kill every wheel you try eventually

Q for Revision Hockey,

Have you guys thought about/in the pipe line at some stage making a wheel with a harder durometer for smooth concrete and ice court floors? After reading about revision wheels I would realy like to try them. But the rinks I play on are smooth concrete and ice court so I have to use a harder (76a-78a) durometer especialy on the ice court or they will get ripped up very easily. I know lot of off season ice players play inline on ice rinks(without the ice, so smooth concrete)to keep in shape but complain about lack of speed in turn and general skating limits compaired to ice. This could be an ideal gap in the wheel market for revision!

Q for Revision Hockey,

Have you guys thought about/in the pipe line at some stage making a wheel with a harder durometer for smooth concrete and ice court floors?  After reading about revision wheels I would realy like to try them.  But the rinks I play on are smooth concrete and ice court so I have to use a harder (76a-78a) durometer especialy on the ice court or they will get ripped up very easily.  I know lot of off season ice players play inline on ice rinks(without the ice, so smooth concrete)to keep in shape but complain about lack of speed in turn and general skating limits compaired to ice.  This could be an ideal gap in the wheel market for revision!

The bronze wheels are especially hard (they are for bigger people)

All of the Variant wheels are available now. We are in the process of distributing out to stores.

Go online to our site and buy them directly through us if you cannot find them elsewhere.

The Benny Frank wheel is designed for heavier players around 200 pounds or so...and it will work great if players 170-190 pounds combine them with the Sutton Golds...with Franks on the inside and Suttons on the outside of your wheel setup. This creates alot of speed with still getting the grip from the Suttons.

they are changing over the website to the new wheel models. They still have last years models up but they should be changing them.. when i dont know but eventually they will