Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevinbelt

most exciting non-nhlers

I think I'd have to go with Wellwood (St-John's winger), he got great hands and vision and can do great moves...

I don't know why he's not in the NHL...hopefully he will do it next year.

well, he's in the leafs system, and they don't have a whole lot of room w/ all the veterans they've got. you figure almost half the team is going to retire in the next 3 years. he'll be up there soon. you figure francis and reichel are already gone, niewendyk and mogilny have one more year max.

you can't help but wonder where he'd be now if he was 6'2". i guarantee you the only reason he hasn't gotten more time in the nhl is because of his size. that's ignorant.

to throw out another name: marek svatos. he missed almost all of the 03-04 season with an injury. i saw him his first game back, where he scored two goals before anybody even knew how to pronounce his name. he's another little guy, too.

-k

you can't help but wonder where he'd be now if he was 6'2". i guarantee you the only reason he hasn't gotten more time in the nhl is because of his size. that's ignorant.

His knock is his speed, mainly acceleration. He's produced everywhere he's been and I think he'll be with the Leafs soon. I'm hearing the scouting report on him is they want to wait another year before they bring him up. I'm a pretty big Wellwood boaster, I'm a fan of Ian White as well (have been since I saw him at the WJC). I think Patrick O'Sullivan could do things that nobody else in the OHL could.

Svatos is an NHLer, and a good one at that. Colorado has a dangler factory behind the pepsi center. :D In regards to the topic, I really like the way Drew Stafford of UND plays the game.

Svatos is an NHLer, and a good one at that. Colorado has a dangler factory behind the pepsi center. :D In regards to the topic, I really like the way Drew Stafford of UND plays the game.

Don't pin your hopes on Svatos, he was a major disappointment in Hershey the last couple of years. He may make one or two nice moves a game but he had a lot of problems.

I'm like Kovy-Ribs in being mesmerized by pure skill. His aptitude to produce at the NHL level is still up in the air obviously

I'm like Kovy-Ribs in being mesmerized by pure skill. His aptitude to produce at the NHL level is still up in the air obviously

As his ability to produce at the AHL level.

well to add to the list of hershey bears i would put David Masse. He is a Reading Royal and the bears called him up he had 46 games under his belt as a bear and got 20 pts. (12 goals, 8 Assists) if you ask me thats pretty impresive considering he was an ECHL player called up (he had a load of game winners and atleast 1 maybe 2 hat tricks. )

Apparently Jeff Carter is doing really well with philly in the AHL, he joined on with them after his team was knocked out EDIT(hid ohl team) and is now the leading scorer with 19 points. Also, Mike Richards is doing reall well there too.(14 points) It's amazing how they both made the jump so easy. AND, philly got them both in the first round in 2003.

you can't help but wonder where he'd be now if he was 6'2".  i guarantee you the only reason he hasn't gotten more time in the nhl is because of his size.  that's ignorant. 

His knock is his speed, mainly acceleration. He's produced everywhere he's been and I think he'll be with the Leafs soon. I'm hearing the scouting report on him is they want to wait another year before they bring him up. I'm a pretty big Wellwood boaster, I'm a fan of Ian White as well (have been since I saw him at the WJC). I think Patrick O'Sullivan could do things that nobody else in the OHL could.

He does not record a good time at the AHL all star game in the 1 lap speed competition.

I think Patrick O'Sullivan could do things that nobody else in the OHL could.

Agreed, I really enjoy watching him play. He is an exciting offensive player who can play a very solid game when he sets his mind to it. If the effort from him is there I could see him stepping in with Minnesota and being a Matthew Lombardi type. It is unfortunate such a great player had to be buried in such a pathetic hockey market.

Agreed, I really enjoy watching him play. He is an exciting offensive player who can play a very solid game when he sets his mind to it. If the effort from him is there I could see him stepping in with Minnesota and being a Matthew Lombardi type. It is unfortunate such a great player had to be buried in such a pathetic hockey market.

I don't really know how you can compare O' Sullivan to a guy like Lombardi who has played in the NHL for a grand total of 93 games. Other then Lombardi's expierence factor the I think the two are completly different types of players

Apparently Jeff Carter is doing really well with philly in the AHL, he joined on with them after his team was knocked out EDIT(hid ohl team) and is now the leading scorer with 19 points. Also, Mike Richards is doing reall well there too.(14 points) It's amazing how they both made the jump so easy. AND, philly got them both in the first round in 2003.

Speaking of the Phantoms of the guys leading their team other then Carter and Richards is Brad Boyes does anyone know how close he is/was to cracking the Sharks roster

O'Sullivan has much higher potential than Lombardi does. That comparison makes no sense. He will be an impact player in his prime, a 1st or 2nd liner. And he has all the tools, the only question is if he wants to really play.

I think O'Sullivan wants to be their hopefully people will give the guy a break considering his unfortunate past

I would never have thought that you were like that before I see one of your post in which you said that you love the russian hockey league.

Its easy to appreciate that style of play when you yourself play the game in a similar fashion. Most people foreign to the game think of it as a boxing match, but watching the skill guys is like art.

I don't really know how you can compare O' Sullivan to a guy like Lombardi who has played in the NHL for a grand total of 93 games. Other then Lombardi's expierence factor the I think the two are completly different types of players

I was thinking that he could come in and start out as a center just looking to make the team but climb the ladder quickly. I wasn't trying to compare their talent levels but their development model, remember Lombardi was also quite the scorer in junior.

Pavel Rosa (if he played any D at all, he would be amazing)

Definitely have to agree with this one. Rosa was amazing in the AHL and great in Europe too.

Too bad the Kings wouldn't keep him, but probably let him go cause he wasn't the best at D, but damn, he had some nice goals. This year the Kings (should I say Monarchs) had Mike Cammalleri who was a great scorer, but also lacked in D.

To be honest from a skill point I haven't seen Lombardi much, but I think McCabe's development point is very close. He has all the skills, and personally I believe the drive, but he is dependant on his surroundings. I honestly believe if you place him with someone like Gaborik, they become one of the better known players in the NHL, much like Heatley and Kovalchuk, but he tends to feel "alone" on the ice at times, or so it seemed this past year. He was with Hecimo alot, but Hec was limited in what he could do because of his speed and Carcillo (who I think could be a very Tucker-ish player in the NHL) didn't play much of the year.

I still don't beleive people can question if his heart is in the game he was of the better leaders on team USA