Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predshockey17

Justin quick ?

The amount of money for the materials to make a product have no bearing on the consumer price for that product. I don't know if the $20 is accurate for materials or not, but that doesn't factor in a lot of other costs .

They don't get poured :)

Well, I assumed (yeh, I know what happens) that if there were molds involved there would be pouring.

Nah, it's for the compression.

I will say that the markup on OPS's is insane. That being said the markup on woodies is almost directly proportional as chadd has pointed out.

Ex) OPS A sells for $149 usd, dealer cost is approx $100usd. Wood stick A sells for $15 usd, dealer cost is approx $10 usd.

JR, thank you for the info on compression vs. pouring.

Now to continue, and I am really not trying to stir anything up here, IF Cavs' numbers are in the ballpark; would'nt the manufacturer make as least as much per copy as they would have the retailer make? If so, then we are probably getting close to what these things cost to actually make, um right ?:huh:

I will say that the markup on OPS's is insane. That being said the markup on woodies is almost directly proportional as chadd has pointed out.

Ex) OPS A sells for $149 usd, dealer cost is approx $100usd. Wood stick A sells for $15 usd, dealer cost is approx $10 usd.

JR, thank you for the info on compression vs. pouring.

Now to continue, and I am really not trying to stir anything up here, IF Cavs' numbers are in the ballpark; would'nt the manufacturer make as least as much per copy as they would have the retailer make? If so, then we are probably getting close to what these things cost to actually make, um right ?:huh:

manufacturers can make less per stick because they sell to hundreds of dealers. Higher volume allows for lower per-unit profit. The manufacturer can make the same, or greater, markup % and it can still be less than the dealer makes in terms of raw dollars per stick.