Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan6969

How not to get dangled?

and if you're ballsy enough you can lick your lips and wink as well...works wonders...no matter if you're the attacker OR the defender!

and btw I'm hetero to the core.....

Seriously though, if you can make moves looking straight into the defensemens eyes there is a sense of intimidation revolving around it. its basically non-verbally telling the defenseman they're about to get smoked and you have 100% confidence in your moves.

Seriously though, if you can make moves looking straight into the defensemens eyes there is a sense of intimidation revolving around it. its basically non-verbally telling the defenseman they're about to get smoked and you have 100% confidence in your moves.

I usually don't need to look at the D-man as I blow by him. ;)

Keep your stick close to your body, then as the puck-handler gets close to you , go for the quick poke-check. The dangler will get closer to you if he doesn't see your blade way out in front of you. Watch Scott Stevens do this, he is a master of keeping the stick close and poke-checking once you get close to him.

Part 2 of that advice is to bend your knees when you poke check. If you do a deep knee bend, you can get another foot of effective stick length for the poke.

One second you are a mile away--choking up on the stick. Next second you are reaching out a huge distance and grabbing the puck!

I know that I've smiled at defensemen and seen their eyes go wide.

That's what you get for playing in the "Rainbow Hockey League".

:)

I was playing D at sticktime today, and just looking the guy in the eyes at all usually puts an edge on for you, kinda saying, I'm not afraid, or "I can take you." I don't think it's the key to not getting dangled, but it doesn't hurt.

if staring in the guys eyes doesnt work and he does get around around you, grab his ass as he passes you, that will for sure phase him

i havent read the entire post so sorry if there is any repetition

the first thing that is key is gap control early, you want to be a stick length away as you skate backwards into your own end, and close the gap. make the forward make the decision and react, don't be eager and make it easy for him. secondly, alot of forwards take a stutter step or a long glide before making a stick move, when you see that hesitation you want to close the gap and cut off his space so he cannot make the move, and arm to the chest is never a bad idea and long as you aren't lunging. thirdly, i almost always like to put my stick in between the forward's legs on a one on one, it makes them nervous often and its an obstacle, once you have you stick between their legs you can almost direct them to the outside and angle for a hit along the boards (or pin him in your case)... cavs is right about crossovers, theyre generally used to gain speed in the neutral zone as you back up, but once your in the one on one try to use c-cuts, and always keep your balance a bit back, this gives you a more explosive step when you decide to step up and make a hit or take the puck.

just looking the guy in the eyes at all usually puts an edge on for you, kinda saying, I'm not afraid, or "I can take you."

Exactly, That and a poke check is usually what I need to stop a guy.

some people on here should try the things suggested before jumping on me. No offence Chippa, but that's true.

the poke check is generally overused, and unless you have exceptional timing or a great arm strength your body gets caught moving forwards when you poke check, and if you miss your going to get burned. keep you stick between their legs, and you can slightly turn it and force him to go in the direction you please...and if he tries to step over thats when you step up and make the check

some people on here should try the things suggested before jumping on me.

So if the Quail-Eye doesn't get the job done for me in my next game, I'll blame you. :P

Yea basicly what everybody else is saying, just look right at there crest of there jersey, where ever that goes, he goes, so your pretty safe.