Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CYA AAA HOCKEY

Hex 1

hey i was just wondering if anyone has used the Mission Hex 1 grip or non grip... I'm thinking about getting one of those or another sl or some other type of stick. If you have please tell me what you think of it. thanks.

So far I have resisted the call of the ones in the shop but if I don't get my 100's in soon I may have to give one of the 85's a chance.

I just picked up a Ribiero Hex-1 today. ITS THE BEST STICK I HAVE EVERY HELD IN MY HANDS ... WOW! :o

Just kidding. It seems well balanced and light. The price point is also pretty nice for $150.

Point being I will try it out and let people know what I think. It will be a pretty big jump from a Koho 2295 wood to this but Ill try it out.

For some reason we only have Hulls in the shop. I hear the Ribeiro is supposed to be a nice heel with a lie 5, and the balance/feel/looks of the grip model are awesome.

For some reason we only have Hulls in the shop. I hear the Ribeiro is supposed to be a nice heel with a lie 5, and the balance/feel/looks of the grip model are awesome.

Yeah, it's a nice curve. If we had 100s I would have grabbed one by now. 5-ish lie heel that is open. Probably a bit more rounded curve than a Drury but not nearly as deep as a Lidstrom.

I'd pick one up by im surrounded by idiots who think mids are the only thing out there. They do sell better than the heels, but its annoying that we have for every stick: 20 iginlas to 1 Drury, 20 Sundins to 1 Tucker, etc.

Most younger guys havent figured out how to shoot with a loft pattern. Once you figure that out its a whole new world.

Ya,ponty my friend tried to shoot with my old lidstrom synergy,lets say his shoot came not even close to hitting the net.He said that hell never use a curve like that.Its funny how me and my friend are the only ones on my HS team that uses any type of heel curve.Most players on my team use shannan,sakic, and modano.I bet most people dont even buy a cheap blade with a different curve to try out.Most people for some reason stick with the curve they used their whole life,and most of them usually have horrible shots.

Ya,ponty my friend tried to shoot with my old lidstrom synergy,lets say his shoot came not even close to hitting the net.He said that hell never use a curve like that.Its funny how me and my friend are the only ones on my HS team that uses any type of heel curve.Most players on my team use shannan,sakic, and modano.I bet most people dont even buy a cheap blade with a different curve to try out.Most people for some reason stick with the curve they used their whole life,and most of them usually have horrible shots.

I think most people (myself included) are not disciplined enough to get a new pattern and just suck for a while until they discover any improvement.

I think most people (myself included) are not disciplined enough to get a new pattern and just suck for a while until they discover any improvement.

It's more a matter of learning how to shoot with a different curve, not a matter of dealing with having a bad shot. Most people I see don't realize they need to change.

It's more a matter of learning how to shoot with a different curve, not a matter of dealing with having a bad shot. Most people I see don't realize they need to change.

It's not that my shot is bad, I have actually been complimented on my wrist shot. It just seems that I keep coming back to the Modanoish curve because anytime I try something else out in a Sticks-n-Pucks session I can't do better with that pattern. I am either too impatient, too stupid to know what it is I need, or really should stick with what I have. :rolleyes:

It really depends on what works best for you. I always like trying out different pro patterns just to figure out how they use them. Some fit my style better than others. For me loft is the way to go.

It comes down to placement of your lower hand of on the shaft, wrist motion, and if you keep you blade face open or closed on the shots follow through. All of these factors will change depending on the pattern / lie.

That pattern is really nice,I think I might want to give one of those a try. Next year I get $100 stick money for HS and the store where we have to use it doesnt carry Mission.

When i was young i was playing with the Messier curve(i would say it a heel-mid curve really closed(not a BIT of loft) and i don't know for the lie) it was with the old TPS wood messier pattern(the stick was all black with some white!)

Then i switch to Modano(this was the first time i was using a composite blade)...figuring it was the best blade ou there...no loft or shit like this to make your puck go up...

after i switch back to the franklin guerin(inginla) i got some pretty good shot...it broke after a year...then i switch back to Modano but i could not get used to..so i bought a Inginla

IMO...heel are the best thing for shoot...but soso on stick handling...Mid are soso for big shot...but nice for wristshot...and excellent for stickhandling...and Big curve like Lidstrom...are just for beginner...who can't get the puck high * NO OFFENSE * but really i can't see how a guy can shoot with this kind of blade..!!

how are you gonna say Lidstrom is for a beginner,if anything Modano is a beginner curve ;)

Most of the better older guys in my area use a Modano, the consensus here is the Coffey-type curve are for beginners.