Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

Products You Would Like to See

I saw this posted for the players equipment and thought it would make a good goalie equipment topic too..

For me, I'd like to see Graf 750 Pro Goaler skates available without the elf toe cowling.

Lets face it, the elf toe was designed in an era where open toe pads were the norm. They provided extra protection to the toe area and even helped keep the pads from rotating.

Fast forward a few years... Butterfly is the name of the game. I want my pads to rotate! AND I don't think anyone is making open toe pads any longer (unless you special order). C'mon Graf, get with the times. I hear really good things about your skates and want to try them, really I do, but damn are they stupid looking... :blink:

Also, I'd like to see long compression pants like they have for players, but with a built in goalie cup. A good one. I don't want to feel anything that hits me there. :o

That's pretty much my wish list. I've got everything else I want. :D

I have the 750's and they are awesome! They're really comfortable. In my experience, if your pads have a shallow boot channel the toe won't make much difference. But if your pads have a deep channel or open-toe then it can interfere. I have Brian's Alites that I got off ebay and they do bind with the skates. Not much I can do about it right now. Next pads I get will def. have a shallow channel.

I'm new here BTW.

I saw this posted for the players equipment and thought it would make a good goalie equipment topic too..

For me, I'd like to see Graf 750 Pro Goaler skates available without the elf toe cowling.

Lets face it, the elf toe was designed in an era where open toe pads were the norm. They provided extra protection to the toe area and even helped keep the pads from rotating.

Fast forward a few years... Butterfly is the name of the game. I want my pads to rotate! AND I don't think anyone is making open toe pads any longer (unless you special order). C'mon Graf, get with the times. I hear really good things about your skates and want to try them, really I do, but damn are they stupid looking...  :blink:

Also, I'd like to see long compression pants like they have for players, but with a built in goalie cup. A good one. I don't want to feel anything that hits me there.  :o

That's pretty much my wish list. I've got everything else I want.  :D

1. Cowlings are expensive to design and manufacture and goalies are a small percentage of the overall hockey market, that's why so few goal skates are on the market.

2. WSI may make them in a custom order. They already make a compression short goal jock and regular long pant jock. I'll see my rep Tuesday and ask him.

1. Cowlings are expensive to design and manufacture and goalies are a small percentage of the overall hockey market, that's why so few goal skates are on the market.

Fixing a mold so it won't make the sape of the elf toe would cost nothing, I make molds for a living.

Few goal skates? Bauer has 1000 3000 7000 ccm has pro tacks, 852 and 652, graf has pro and elite koho has 590 580 and 490. 11 different skates for such a small percentage of the over all hockey market.

Fixing a mold so it won't make the sape of the elf toe would cost nothing, I make molds for a living.

Few goal skates? Bauer has 1000 3000 7000 ccm has pro tacks, 852 and 652, graf has pro and elite koho has 590 580 and 490. 11 different skates for such a small percentage of the over all hockey market.

3 manufacturers or 11 models isn't a lot compared to the number of player skates. Obviously I'm no expert but doesn't Bauer use the same cowl on all of their skates? Same for CCM and Koho?

Fast forward a few years... Butterfly is the name of the game. I want my pads to rotate! AND I don't think anyone is making open toe pads any longer (unless you special order). C'mon Graf, get with the times. I hear really good things about your skates and want to try them, really I do, but damn are they stupid looking...  :blink:

Also, I'd like to see long compression pants like they have for players, but with a built in goalie cup. A good one. I don't want to feel anything that hits me there.  :o

That's pretty much my wish list. I've got everything else I want.  :D

2. WSI may make them in a custom order. They already make a compression short goal jock and regular long pant jock. I'll see my rep Tuesday and ask him.

I use the WSI comp goal jock, except I took out the second cup. I really like the compression feel, plus the WSI has foam pads on inner thighs.

I think Bauer still uses two - one with cheaper steel. CCM and Koho had different ones but that might've changed.

CCM use to have the 452 cowling and the 852 cowling. They discontinued the 452, too bad because it had more steel to grind at the toe, all steel up there, no plastic. The 852 sucks cause not much steel before you hit plastic, still more than the Bauer tloc. CCM also has another cowling, for the Koho 590, a protectall II shell but with different steel, thiner/lighter.

I'd like to see the cowlings redesigned, with replaceable steel, and less plastic. The new Bfly style you aren't making skate saves much anymore.

my buddy has the graf 650s and it has the same cowling on them as the 750s and hes using velocities and he doesnt find theres any problem at all.

Bauer is coming out with a new goal skate this fall that is totally redesigned. Lightweight skate with a new design for the cowling and new boot. I think replaceable steel will be available on the skate but not 100% sure on the steel.

I have the 750's. they are the best goalie skates i've ever used! and I've had everything from the Bauer 7000 to the new koho 590. i've always come back to my grafs. i wear velo's and 590's...soon a pair of RBK to add to the collection...i'm not rich...my uncle owns a pro shop and these pads were bought for pro's to try out and then make the adjustments to the next pair they order and the trial pair just happens to end up in my bag each time :D So i guess that basically i wear a pad with a shallow leg channel. But i have tried the Brians A-Maxx which has a bit of a deeper leg channel and i found that there was no trouble there.

Bauer is coming out with a new goal skate this fall that is totally redesigned. Lightweight skate with a new design for the cowling and new boot. I think replaceable steel will be available on the skate but not 100% sure on the steel.

from what ive heard theyve cut alot of the plastic off of the skate making it more or less a butterfly friendly cowling since there will be no excess weight on the inside area of the cowling like the big chunks of plastic aswell i hear the boot will be stiffer in the upper area of the boot. im gunna assume there just going to cut down a vapor xx/xxx skate

Jimmy - the 452 was the one that was mostly blade and had the plastic right in the middle? I hate honing those.

Yes! If you ever find any, I'll buy them off you. The new ones suck.