Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Comparable to Swiss? V8's?

I've never been able to bring myself to splurge on Swiss bearings and was looking for a good alternative.

The nicest I've ever used IMO were Boss V8's. I bought them on sale and the idea of displacing weight on extra bearings seemed to make sense. They spun very freely, fairly smoothly and when properly lubed, spun forever.

With that said, anyone else that has experience w/ Swiss and V8's can you comment as to whether the Swiss are worth the higher price tag?

I've never used V8's before, but I have experienced using swiss bearings though. IMO, I don't think they're worth the extra money. They were just as good, performance wise, as my stock mission abec 7's I was using before.

In spite of rave reviews here and abroad in regards to Swiss bearings I suspected as much.

In my experience, well maintained/lubed Abec whatever's would spin forever.

Ive used the bones swiss and boss swiss bearings. Both were noticeablely faster than any other bearing i have used, which include abec 7's and the boss titanium bearings. Being a dman, i noticed it more skating backwards than forward. They are worth the extra money. If you take care of them, they will last you a long time.

I've used bones swiss, boss titanium and heaps of others. I think that that ceramics or titanuims have been the best. Checkout Ebay, often you can pick some up for $25-$35! Good bearings are worth the $$ if your rink is always clean or you will have to take extra care of them to keep them in tip-top condition(to make the difference over regular abec 7's or so).

bearings are never a measure of speed..and there isn't enough bandwidth to separate ABEC fact and fiction..ie.taking how they spin equalling speed..its the total "kicking the tire" how a bearing reacts under load and its materials (ie. chrome treated steel, etc) have much more to do with performance

however..if you take care of your bearings, swiss can last forever, i've had sets easily for 6-8 years with routine maintenance maybe longer i just have them in tubes and swap out/clean as needed..