Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geeno_56

Redden Leaving?

I just read that Redden might be leaving to maybe one of these teams.

Some names the Citizen mentions, as part of packages for Redden, include Florida defenceman Mike Van Ryn, Los Angeles defenceman Lubomir Visnovsky and perhaps even Detroit centre Pavel Datsyuk.

That would be nice if detroit made a transaction like that but I don't like the idea of Datsyuk leaving.

TSN

Datsyuk doesn't make sense unless they plan on trading another player. As noted, they are going to have cap problems with Redden and Datsyuk wants more than Redden according to various reports.

Interms of Datsyuk I think the Sens already have enough European talent to last them a while. Havlet is an expandible but Hossa is a player you can build a franchise around IMO.

Interms of Datsyuk I think the Sens already have enough European talent to last them a while. Havlet is an expandible but Hossa is a player you can build a franchise around IMO.

Hossa is asking for BIG money. You can't keep a team together if you have to pay a couple guys $5M+. I would seriously consider trading him for some younger, cheaper talent to a team that is willing to give him what he wants.

Hossa is asking for BIG money. You can't keep a team together if you have to pay a couple guys $5M+. I would seriously consider trading him for some younger, cheaper talent to a team that is willing to give him what he wants.

If you gotta pay a couple of guys 5M, Hossa should be one of them. He is a top 15 forward in the NHL. I say he is worth the top level pay.

If you gotta pay a couple of guys 5M, Hossa should be one of them. He is a top 15 forward in the NHL. I say he is worth the top level pay.

Some rumors indicate he wants a max contract. They can't afford to do that.

Some rumors indicate he wants a max contract. They can't afford to do that.

OK. 7.5M might be a stretch :ph34r:

Its in the papers everyday here, he wants money that is comparable to his close performing peers. Like Iginla and lecalvier because he beat them both in points in the last season. I personally think that is a very fair maybe not as much as iginla (7 mil) or lecalvier (6.? mil) cause they are the 'franchise player" where as Ottawa is very balanced. But i think he deserves 5 mil and if not definately more then the 3.6 he was offered. rumors say that the sens want Alfreddson to be the high pay guy, which I dont think shoud be the case.

7.5M might be a strech but not much of one. Hossa is the top player on a team with loads of quality players. If Hossa leaves I'd think he want to go to a contender after coming away with nothing the last few years in Ottawa.

He deserves that. The numbers actually favor him over Lecavalier.

Lecavalier

Hossa

Numbers aren't everything. Hossa isn't the captain, as Vinny is. I'll be honest, I think that Tampa overpaid Vinny, but Feaster knows what he's doing so I'll give him a pass for now.

It sure looks like he overpaid Vinny ( not that Vinny doesn't deserve it ) considering Richards and St. Louis are going to want 5+ and deserve it not to mention Boyle who will be needed to be signed as there d isn't to deep as Sydor who is probably there #2 d is probably on his last few years.

I didn't think you could overpay someone who deserves it? I like vinny, but he's a 5 mill/yr guy IMO. I think St. Louis is a step below him and Richards will be a step above. I could definately see Vinny's agent using UFa/Montreal as a bargaining chip to get the cash though.