Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stampede

OPS or Shaft&Blade for Roller?

Which do ypu prefer for roller and why?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have recently gone back to a shaft & wood blade for roller and I can't make my mind up which I prefer.

I like the weight/relaease/balance on the OPS.

But the two piece, the roller puck seems to react better (not as much knuckling when a hard pass hit it, or one touch passes with pace stay flat). Plus with a bit more weight behind it you don't need to swing as much.

Just wondered what everyone else was using and why the preference.

A lot of the Pro guys use two piece like St Cyr, Yoder, Melson.... and i think Belanger uses wood.

I've always used a 2 piece untill a few months ago when i got my stealth.... now i cant go back,, i love it so much. its just so much lighter so feels much easy to stick handle, and i love the release and balance of it!

For tournaments I use Synergy SL's the only problem is that I can only usually pull 5 to 9 games out of them before they completely shit out. (I broke two in half blocking shots, the one I have right now has a crack on the blade from taking slap shots) But for regular play (Leagues) I use the mission L2 100 flex and I love it. The feel and performance of the L2 is much better than the M1 and it isnt too far off from the SL.

The only OPS I have used for roller is an M-1. Other then that, I prefer two piece sticks for roller, mainly my Inno 1100, with an composite Inno Mogliny blade.

i use the inno novius ops and the vapor XX...i think i'm going to try the two-piece novius taper shaft with the inno blade.

inno sticks are awesome.

Inno sticks rule, but there so hard to find, and with closeouts on synergys and other sticks, its tough for me to fork over the money for inno's

i love wooden sticks, but i used to use a synergy si-core which was the best stick ever, it felt like a wooden stick in terms of stick handling, then i broke it and i dont have the money to buy a new one so i bought a bauer 5000 blade n been using that its amazing!