Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBP

Tour hummer chassis etc

Let me take a minute to answer a few questions.

(A) One reason for this unigue offer, it gives Labeda the opportunity to promote the Hum'er Pro frame technology. Since we have the ability to do this type of work, removing and attaching frames, we agreed to assist them in this promotion. We have had numerous request to assemble the Hum'er frame, so this should be a win win situation for most.

(B) The frames we are using in this promotion are the Labeda Hum'er Pro, 100% extrution. No substitution of lesser quality frames will be used.

© To attach a Labeda Hum'er frame we will use a dremel to nick two small areas on the outsole. It won't be necessary to make a full groove in the outsole. The two small nicks will allow the front and second wheel to be slightly recessed into the outsole. Since Labeda has a open front mouting plate to allow wheels to be closer to the outsole, reducing the center of gravity, it won't be necessary to remove much of the outsole. The most difficult part of this process is removing the old frame.

(D) Reason we are using the Labeda Fusion wheel, this is Labeda's latest high performance wheel They are offering it in this promotion at a much reduced cost as a introdutory offer.

Hopefully this will answer a few questions

Just an update for anyone that has already sent their skates in. I mailed mine on monday, Tour received them today. I got a call from a nice guy named Brad, he wanted to verify that I understood that they were going to have to modify the outsole to fit the frame properly, which I was aware of. He also mentioned that they aren't going to have the fusion wheel for another week or so, so in the mean time they were going to use dynasties, which he said was a little better wheel. That was a pleasant surprise. I just wanted to give a props to tour, great promo and great customer service to boot.

He also mentioned that they aren't going to have the fusion wheel for another week or so, so in the mean time they were going to use dynasties, which he said was a little better wheel. That was a pleasant surprise.

I thought the Fuzion are supposed to be Labeda's new top of the line wheel?

According to the person I talked to at tour, he said the dynasty is actually a better wheel. I'm guessing it is kinda like what the millenium's were to the dynastys.

The Labeda Fuzion is our newest wheel addition to our high-end performance hockey wheels. While people will have their favorites the Fuzion is unlike any other Labeda wheels in terms of feel and performance. It is a high-end wheel in the class of the Genesis and Dynasty but what is most different about this wheel besides the look is the feel. The wheel feels very hard and thin even though it is not. The wheel is lighter than the Dynasty but extremely fast while maintaining exceptional grip and has great wear. The wheel feels as if you are on a blade that is my thin reference. That is why it is unlike any other wheel we have made in the past or any other company for that matter. Try the new Fusion and you will never look back.

The wheel feels very hard and thin even though it is not. The wheel is lighter than the Dynasty but extremely fast while maintaining exceptional grip and has great wear. The wheel feels as if you are on a blade that is my thin reference.

Sounds along the lines of the Revision theory....

How much of a nick must you make on the Proto VSI white carbon boot in size 11.5 to get those front 80mm wheels in there? Will it compromise the structure of the boot given the problems some of the missions have with the boot seperating from the sole?

The amount of sole we remove depends on position of the frame. We need to remove some of the sole area to accomidate the front two wheels. The front wheel requires very little of the sole to be removed. The second wheel actaully requires a larger area to be removed. Many people have retro fitted there soles to fit the Hum'er frame, and to my knowledge it hasn't affected the basic construction of the boot. According to Labeda the reason the front two wheels are recessed into the outsole is to reduce the center of gravity. Although the Hum'er features 80mm wheels, by recessing the wheels, your closer to the skating surface, improving control and feel.

For anyone that is concerned about retro fitting there boots, they shouldn't opt for the Hum'er frame, and for those that are interested, they should talk to someone that has the Hum'er prior to making there decision.

I shipped mine monday the 19th they got there tues the 20th it is sunday the 25th & I have yet to recieve mine back or a returned call(I called 2x & put My # on the order form)on the status of My skates...hopefully they are here soon b/c I missed My game tonite & hope to get @least one skate on them to adjust b4 next sundays' game

Got mine today. They look great, I'll get pictures up soon, my digital camera battery is dead. They didn't have to notch out very much for the front wheel, there is a hole about the size of a dime and maybe an 1/8th of an inch deep. For the second wheel, they needed to take out a pretty good amount, the hole is probably 1.5" x 1" x 1/4" deep. I can't wait to skate on them. Athough I think I'll probably be buying a set of rink rats. The dynasty's are a nice wheel, but I'm a big guy the xsoft are too soft for my taste.

Got mine today. They look great, I'll get pictures up soon, my digital camera battery is dead. They didn't have to notch out very much for the front wheel, there is a hole about the size of a dime and maybe an 1/8th of an inch deep. For the second wheel, they needed to take out a pretty good amount, the hole is probably 1.5" x 1" x 1/4" deep. I can't wait to skate on them. Athough I think I'll probably be buying a set of rink rats. The dynasty's are a nice wheel, but I'm a big guy the xsoft are too soft for my taste.

Cool, yeah let's see some pics. Also, how did you know they had shipped? Did they send you an email with a tracking number? Thanks.

Del

I knew that they had shipped only because they called me when they got them to verify something, and said that they would be shipping the next day. They shipped UPS ground, but i didn't get an email or anything.

s500_humr.jpg

s500_humr_notch.jpg

Nice, those are some sick looking skates. They look good for at least a hat trick per game :D Did you buy the S500's specially for the frames or did you already have them laying around?

I have two pair. I have the ones in my avatar, and I had a seperate pair that I got cheap for when I play ice. That doesn't happen very often which is why they look so new. I'm going to throw the pitch holders back onto my other skates, which look a lot more worn. The sensors will be in the sell section soon :)

I seen his avatar, but  these boots look brand spanking new.

Yea I was wondering the same cause those look real new and I cant even see any marks on them or scuff’s. Do the feel of the boot still feel the same?

-You posted the answer while i was typing my post