Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBP

Tour hummer chassis etc

Just was checking out Tours website and they are offering to retro fit skates with the hummer chassis fusion whhels etc for $98.00us + $10.00 shipping?

anyone find out how they deal with the bottom plate of the boot? Do they sand out a rut inthe bottom or do they put shims in to prevent the second wheel from hittin the sole plate??

This is an awesome deal. I would jump on it in a second but my 950's are still brand new, and i don't see it practical to swap out such a great chassis.

I talked to Brad at Tour hockey and he told me that any modifcations to the boot will be done at the shop and that it will take on average 1 to 2 days for the mounting process. I will be sending my 8090's out next week.

MIGHTYJOHN it should work but I'm not sure if the height difference between the 78 and 80 is enough to clear the boot. The front wheel should clear, but the second one will be close. The mounting point on a hummer frame for the front is higher in the front than at the second wheel position. I think the best thing you can do is to call tour and talk to them. They should be able to tell you if the 78mm wheel will clear.

October 31st I think it said on the Flyer

Anyone know anything about the wheels? I've never heard of them before. Is this their top of the line chassis?

i don't know if there is any difference in terms of weight but this years hum'er cateye chassis that they are using on their code1's is difference then the hum'er that they are offering which came with their beemer and blue max models. if you look real close you'll see that the back of the chassis is missing an extra bar so i would think that it'll be lighter. looks like they are trying to clear out of extra stock from last year or something... looks like a great deal but i'm not to sure about the wheels... if they are good outdoor wheels then i can live with it but if they are crappy indoor wheels then i'll be screwed with a useless set of wheels. doesn't look like they are good indoor wheels from the looks of the hub. :unsure:

Don't forget you also get ABEC 7 bearings. It seems like they'll take off the old chasis or holders on put on the Hummers? I hope they send back the old holders from ice skates.

ive seen these wheels at nationals... alot of the Pama Cyclone players were using them, alot of labeda warriors kids were using them. Im assuming its the model under the genesis.. could be wrong. its def not a outdoor wheel

What worries me is you may not end up with a labeda hummer PRO chassis, and maybe a lower end one

When you download the form, it says the chassis is 100% extrusion. I believe only the hummer pro is completely extruded, i believe the cheaper frames are seperate pieces welded together.

OT question....but if We were to mount this frame & hypotheically put 78mm wheels on instead of the the typical all 80 setup alot of guys might avoid some problems....?

um....if you put 78's on it, the difference of radius would be 1 mm, not 2. In other words, probably not enough.

besides, putting 78's on the chassis would ruin the whole point of having it in the first place (4 80mm on the floor's the point)...you'd end up on the 1st and 3rd wheels when leaning forward, and 3rd and 4th while leaning back