Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

RBK 9k Pump skate

I'm surprised more guys don't get cut in goal mouth scrambles like that. I mean...the perspective may be off...but it looks as though landing right on the goalies toe is not out of the question for Amonte.

Anyone else surprised that there aren't more injuries ?????

sweet, this should make the vector pro's drop in $$$!!!

It should have no direct effect on the Vector pro, it's a different line of skates. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an overhaul of the vector line for next year though in any case.

party pooper...lol

what are those things dangling in front of his skates?

Those are hard plastic guards that some D-men wear for extra protection blocking shots. Brian Leetch wears something similar on his ankles.

Is there an 8k shaft for retail? I wonder how it would be different from the 5k or 6k anyway??? Probably just has the 8k painted on there.

looks like pronger is using an 8k shaft....

Really? I thought it said 6K on it... Of course from the size of that part of the stick in the picture, it's hard to tell, but could be either.

For years I thought those things on Pronger's skates were just really long tongues sticking out. I never knew they were guards.

I am pretty sure he was wearing his Vapor XX tongues out, so these may be new or due to an injury. From the picture below it definately looks like a tongue. I found alot of pictures for him, they seem like they are the guards mostly, but they also seem like the aren't attached to the skate like they are in the picture above.

Pronger tongues

Really? I thought it said 6K on it... Of course from the size of that part of the stick in the picture, it's hard to tell, but could be either.

Or it could be just something painted? I remember the other season he was using a shaft repainted to look like a Vapor XX.

Or it could be just something painted? I remember the other season he was using a shaft repainted to look like a Vapor XX.

Like in the picture posted by Eazy.