Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

RBK 9k Pump skate

man i swear the hockey industry is worse then the computers! :unsure: EVERY year they come up with something that makes me spend my hard earned cash and replace something that doesn't need replacing... looks like i'll be down another $600 this season or when ever the hell those come out :(

I normally don't buy overly into hype, but the original tacks pumps are probably my favorite skate ever. I'll be checking into this.

Wow, JR, it's like you..."Ultra Fresh"...haha. Ohhh Billy Dee...

Yep...I still get it done, shout out to my boys down in the trenches doing G-14 classified covert operations...I'll be working the Red Wings scrimmage on Sunday personally...this one goes out to the haters who thought I got soft and couldn't get the scoop...

Ill dump my girl because of these skates....

but i just got new ones :(

In my view thats the best skate yet. Thumbs up to Reebok/THG.

Those are beauties. I wonder though if the pump system is gonna blow in no time like on my good old Tacks :rolleyes: Though the RBK ones seem to have "the Pump" just on the ankles and not in the tongue, right? Then it could work.

nice!! it was just a matter of time that JR would get us some info lolll

Anyways, any other scoop about stick or something like this??

By the way: are these skate light?

For all those who are saying those are your next skate, would you care to say why? Some of you had experience with the tack pumps so I can definitly understand your desire for these, but what about everyone else?

Honest answers please, what makes you want these skates?

For all those who are saying those are your next skate, would you care to say why? Some of you had experience with the tack pumps so I can definitly understand your desire for these, but what about everyone else?

because they say "Reebok"

For all those who are saying those are your next skate, would you care to say why?  Some of you had experience with the tack pumps so I can definitly understand your desire for these, but what about everyone else? 

I enjoy the fit of the rbk 8K skates a lot, but not enough to change over from my Graf's which I have had for about a year and a half. But now that the pump is out I'm all for them. I had the original pump skates and i felt that they were the most comfortable skates i ever had, out of the box and long term fit. The reebok hype isn't a big deal to me. Yeah its new and different, but i'd buy the pump skates if they were just a plain old ccm tack or vector with the pump. I just love the pump technology in skates...just works for me...

I found the pump in the skate to be good fit wise. How many times have you laced the skates, taken a lap or two, and feel that one was looser than the other? Or, just want to tighten a bit? Also, how many times had you, after skating for a while, wanted to loosen your skates?

So, the pump made it easier. Couple of squeezes and you're tighter. After you've warmed up a bit and your feet expand due to the workout, you can let a little air out.

It's like a custom fit every time. Just worked for me.

Granted, this is only in the ankle area, but still I dug it.

I have the 8Ks now and they're the most comfortable skates I've had to this day and I definitley like that they're bringing the pump back so, in turn = my next skate. ;)

Question:

If pumps are so great why didn't they stick around after they were introduced years ago??

JJ

Great question. I had the original Pump Tacks that had the bladders in both the ankle and tongue. They lasted me a good 3 years.

I saw this in another (?) thread...but is the NHL logo wrong on all Reebok products? Looking at nhl.com, the nhl starts lower left and flows to upper right. All the reebok skates I've seen (which granted aren't a lot - here, Crosby's visit pictures, etc.) are upper left to lower right.

Did something change?