Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Ugly referee jerseys

Which one is the ugliest of these three referee jerseys?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see that some leagues in Europe have the most hideous referee jerseys, here are three examples (from left to right: Finland, Sweden and Germany). There might be more ugly ones out there too that I don't know of, but no matter what, what's wrong with tradition? :P

finsweger8qj.jpg

The second one looks like one of those prison uniforms...

They looked bad enough with the vertical stripes and orange underarms last year, these are just putrid.

lol i actually thought the first one was ok. the others are terrible! i like the traditional wwwwwaaaaayyyyy more than any of those tho.

Does anybody here (probably one of the Europeans) know why they are using yellow helmets? For visibility?

I'd take any of those over the stupid USA hockey ones with mesh. Those are rediculous, especially when you're reffing a squirt game.

USA Hockey does not approve of the NHL style mesh underarms and they can't be used at higher levels. They aren't going to bother with beer leagues and mite games though.

I'd take any of those over the stupid USA hockey ones with mesh.  Those are rediculous, especially when you're reffing a squirt game.

USA Hockey does not approve of the NHL style mesh underarms and they can't be used at higher levels. They aren't going to bother with beer leagues and mite games though.

We talked about it at great length at this year's ref seminar. Its funny, I could live with people wearing them in high level games, meaning that they are experienced refs. I just hate the people who have pony tails and wear gloves while reffing squirt house games who insist on wearing them because its what they wear in the NHL.

Didn't ref jerseys change from grey to black and whites stripes because of black and white tv? They could not be quickly identified by viewers as refs.

Now, black and white vertical stripes are the standard look in hockey and football. Since everyone has colour tv's, why not change the look of the ref's jersey? That said, the horizontal stripes are bad on that second choice!