Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milbs06

Crosby

Hes been doing that since day one he wont change. thats why i hate him so much you dont get to see that side of him because they only show the good of him and make him look like an angel

Hes been doing that since day one he wont change. thats why i hate him so much you dont get to see that side of him because they only show the good of him and make him look like an angel

Disagree, he does that every now and then. You havent watched him since he started to play.

Theo: I have to disagree with you aswell, Crosby has talent no questions asked, Crosby is the average height 5"10ish but for strength, Do not, i repeat do not say he doesnt have strenght. I would think he is probably one of the strongest skaters in the NHL, again he gets the puck its a work out just to get it off him, he goes in those corners and doesnt fall down, his legs are god damn massive. He has probably the best lower body strength in my opinion in the league.

Feel free to disagree with me, but i have watched him since he was playing Bantam AAA then playing with the Major Midget Subways here in Nova Scotia. Lucky enough for me i played against him in the younger years.

so you have been watching crosby since his first steps on the ice? nobody said he was an angel. they did say he is a damn good hockey player, and thats what hes proven. the kid is only 18, give him time to mature. if he got drafted by your favorite team, you would love him.

I don't really understand how you can dislike a kid who loves to play the game and is always giving his all. He is always a leader on his teams, always exceeds expectations, always comes up with the big play when it's needed. Sure he throws a little fit every now and then, but think about the number of cheap shots he takes in a game. Being 18 and "the chosen one" means people are gunning for you and every now and then you're bound to lose your cool. I remember last year's Memorial Cup, he was getting gooned on like nothing I've ever seen before and he never retaliated, it was unbelievable. Is it really so bad anyways if he shows some intensity and fire?

Disagree, he does that every now and then. You havent watched him since he started to play.

Theo: I have to disagree with you aswell, Crosby has talent no questions asked, Crosby is the average height 5"10ish but for strength, Do not, i repeat do not say he doesnt have strenght. I would think he is probably one of the strongest skaters in the NHL, again he gets the puck its a work out just to get it off him, he goes in those corners and doesnt fall down, his legs are god damn massive. He has probably the best lower body strength in my opinion in the league.

Feel free to disagree with me, but i have watched him since he was playing Bantam AAA then playing with the Major Midget Subways here in Nova Scotia. Lucky enough for me i played against him in the younger years.

Nah...You're right. His legs are built very strong and he does have strong strides. But he does not have the strength overall that Ovechkin has, that enables Ovechkin to just level guys.

I would love the guy....If the NHL media didn't shove him down our throats all the time. They ruined it for me.

Oh i know he doesnt have the overall strength Ovechkin has, i agree with you on that. But you look at alot of the other top goal scorers. Gagne, Alfredson, Kovalchuk, they're not built like Ovechkin.

As for the media attention. I agree he doesnt need that much but he cant do anything about it. He could go on a scoring slump just to try and get out of it, nuh uh, not going to happen, they would still show clips of him deking out one guy or w/e. I think for an 18 year old kid he is doing pretty damn well with all the media he has gotten.

He has laid out Ovechkin and a few other guys, but it isn't really his game and he is more of a playmaker. It would be nice if he did it more though.

Did Wayne have to put up with that kind've crap? I know he had Semenko and a Leaf was run out of the league for hitting him, just curious, if Wayne had "incidents" like last night where Hatcher raked'em a few times? I wasn't around or able to see him before his LA/St. Louis days.

I don't really understand how you can dislike a kid who loves to play the game and is always giving his all.  He is always a leader on his teams, always exceeds expectations, always comes up with the big play when it's needed.  Sure he throws a little fit every now and then, but think about the number of cheap shots he takes in a game.  Being 18 and "the chosen one" means people are gunning for you and every now and then you're bound to lose your cool.  I remember last year's Memorial Cup, he was getting gooned on like nothing I've ever seen before and he never retaliated, it was unbelievable.  Is it really so bad anyways if he shows some intensity and fire?

So true, I like him just because of his passion for the game and his hard work to improve his game everyday, he always want to be on the ice. Nice guy out of the ice in terms of caracter and whatnot.

I don't really understand how you can dislike a kid who loves to play the game and is always giving his all.  He is always a leader on his teams, always exceeds expectations, always comes up with the big play when it's needed.  Sure he throws a little fit every now and then, but think about the number of cheap shots he takes in a game.  Being 18 and "the chosen one" means people are gunning for you and every now and then you're bound to lose your cool.  I remember last year's Memorial Cup, he was getting gooned on like nothing I've ever seen before and he never retaliated, it was unbelievable.  Is it really so bad anyways if he shows some intensity and fire?

So true, I like him just because of his passion for the game and his hard work to improve his game everyday, he always want to be on the ice. Nice guy out of the ice in terms of caracter and whatnot.

To add to that.... He could of went to play in Europe for 10 mil i think but he decided to stay here and play for 850 000. I bet you anything you could pay him 10g's and he'd still play here, He just wants to play the game.

Also, Crosby needs to learn to control his temper. The little tantrum he threw after Hatcher high-sticked Crosby in the neck was uncalled for. He needs to learn that the referees won't change your mind, even if your jersey does say CROSBY 87. And the tantrum resulted in an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Needs to learn to control his temper? He lost a couple teeth on the first Hatcher high stick, no call. Gets stitched and up comes back and gets high sticked by Hatcher again, no call. Can't say I blame him.

Also, Crosby needs to learn to control his temper. The little tantrum he threw after Hatcher high-sticked Crosby in the neck was uncalled for. He needs to learn that the referees won't change your mind, even if your jersey does say CROSBY 87. And the tantrum resulted in an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Needs to learn to control his temper? He lost a couple teeth on the first Hatcher high stick, no call. Gets stitched and up comes back and gets high sticked by Hatcher again, no call. Can't say I blame him.

what can I add. :)

Ya give me a break. It was a cheap shot and a guy with Hatcher's history should have been tossed.

I don't really understand how you can dislike a kid who loves to play the game and is always giving his all. He is always a leader on his teams, always exceeds expectations, always comes up with the big play when it's needed. Sure he throws a little fit every now and then, but think about the number of cheap shots he takes in a game. Being 18 and "the chosen one" means people are gunning for you and every now and then you're bound to lose your cool. I remember last year's Memorial Cup, he was getting gooned on like nothing I've ever seen before and he never retaliated, it was unbelievable. Is it really so bad anyways if he shows some intensity and fire?

Well said. I could agree with you more. I can't see what this guy has done to make people dislike him.

Media overexposure is one thing, and that happens with players here and there. Remember how much Alexandre Daigle got crammed down our (and his own) throats? No one seems to hate him.

Personally, I like the kid, but I think a lot of people want to see him fail. Jealousy, in my opinion...

Did Wayne have to put up with that kind've crap? I know he had Semenko and a Leaf was run out of the league for hitting him, just curious, if Wayne had "incidents" like last night where Hatcher raked'em a few times? I wasn't around or able to see him before his LA/St. Louis days.

Wayne never went through this as a rookie. He did have Semenko ride shotgun for him but never was faced with the stuff I've been reading about Crosby putting up with. Gretzky was very, very good at not letting players get near him. That sounds funny but look at old clips and see how often he does a spinnerama, or cut high across the attacking zone horizontally, and, of course, use the behind the net space to set up and keep players away from him. Once the league recognized how far above them Gretzky was, players gave him room as well, rather than look extremely stupid with 99. Also, players today are much better skaters than in the early 80s. Gretzky was able to use his ability to think ahead of the play to just avoid traffic and bad situations. There is much less time and space for players today as compared to the 80s. Today's players are on the puck carrier so much faster than 20 years ago.

Those are great observations. I was thinking about alot of them while I was reading the good skater = good hockey player thread, totally forgot to apply them here. Good call on those.