Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Pre Game in Montreal

Is anyone else impressed with the show they put on in Montreal before the game? They use the entire ice surface as a screen to project these great shots of past Habs greats, as well as pictures from the current team. The 200' shot of the Cup is fantastic and the split screen of Theo's face and Rocket's eyes is pretty awesome too.

Guest phillyfan

Is that something like Arenavision? I've seen the Flyers version, quite impressive and entertaining.

The pre-game videos at Skyreach/Rexall the last two years have been terrible. After seeing it about the third time it became unbearable. I saw the one this year about ten times, I feel sorry for the season ticket holders who saw it 41 times.

Leaf ones are alright, they change up alot, but are pretty good. Nothing beats the Mats Sunding "Ladies and Gentleman... this is your captain speaking" intro.

Is that something like Arenavision? I've seen the Flyers version, quite impressive and entertaining.

I always thought theirs was kinda lame. Much better to have Lauren Hart sing God Bless America A la Kate Smith.

The Buffalo Sabres at HSBC Arena was actually the first team to utilize the technology to project video onto the ice surface starting at the beginning of this season.

When I was on the gameday staff with the Sabres back in 1996 when they moved into what was then Marine Midland Arena, they had a very cool Jumbotron team intro (before the Jumbotron fell down) that had stampeding buffalos running through the city. They would run by various landmarks and eventually into the arena where the screen would switch to a live shot of the team coming onto the ice.

When I was in charge of the Buffalo Wings (pro roller hockey team) game presentation, we had a very cool Jumbotron animation. Everyone would go crazy when the lights went down for game introductions because they knew the video animation was coming up.

The Buffalo Sabres at HSBC Arena was actually the first team to utilize the technology to project video onto the ice surface starting at the beginning of this season.

When I was on the gameday staff with the Sabres back in 1996 when they moved into what was then Marine Midland Arena, they had a very cool Jumbotron team intro (before the Jumbotron fell down) that had stampeding buffalos running through the city. They would run by various landmarks and eventually into the arena where the screen would switch to a live shot of the team coming onto the ice.

When I was in charge of the Buffalo Wings (pro roller hockey team) game presentation, we had a very cool Jumbotron animation. Everyone would go crazy when the lights went down for game introductions because they knew the video animation was coming up.

Kinda like the Chicago Bulls' old entrance theme.

Guest phillyfan

I always thought theirs was kinda lame. Much better to have Lauren Hart sing God Bless America A la Kate Smith.

It's nothing to bend over backwards for, but still quite entertaining. I'll take a Hart/Smith performance any day though. Gives you chills watching Smith up on the big screen.

The rangers have been doing this for 5 years buddy.

Best atmosphere when a team goes on the ice is probably Montreal during the playoffs in the regular season they are pretty quiet. One that I thought was nice is the shark fins in San Jose that are on the ice with water designs on the ice, I thought that was pretty impressive.

The penguins is pretty neat. It says like, speed,power, no fear and a few other things on the ice over and over, and they have the spinning pens logo like all other places. The fog with the green light at the door when they come on the ice is the coolest.

The pre-game videos at Skyreach/Rexall the last two years have been terrible. After seeing it about the third time it became unbearable. I saw the one this year about ten times, I feel sorry for the season ticket holders who saw it 41 times.

Tell me about it.