Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

denverbronco86

Avs' TV Commentators

Guest phillyfan

I actually like having homers here in Philly as opposed to some other announcer who cannot even get the names/numbers correct. This was a topic discussed on the local radio earlier as well....

There's a difference between being a big homer and not knowing names and numbers and the Avs guys are the absolute worst. You can't have that in this day and age with sattelite TV dominating the airwaves.

I actually like having homers here in Philly as opposed to some other announcer who cannot even get the names/numbers correct. This was a topic discussed on the local radio earlier as well....

Those guys are the worst homers in the league. The refuse to believe any Flyer has ever deserved a penalty.

Guest phillyfan

JJ will admit a good call when he sees it, but I'll agree. They are great guys though, and the Flyers fans love them. There was a good debate on this topic on the radio station you dispise.

I really can understand why people have a problem with homerism from local teams. If you want impartial play-by-play watch ESPN. Well maybe not ESPN but you get the idea.

Biggest hommer ever was Cusak and Pearson of the Bruins. God I loved them!

I also have problems finding any issues with a guy who use to be one of my favorite players growing up ... Mr. Peter McNabb.

John Kelly's brother does the Blue Jackets Play by play. I don't think he is that good or that smart about hockey at all. I hope his brother is better.

I really can understand why people have a problem with homerism from local teams. If you want impartial play-by-play watch ESPN. Well maybe not ESPN but you get the idea.

Biggest hommer ever was Cusak and Pearson of the Bruins. God I loved them!

I also have problems finding any issues with a guy who use to be one of my favorite players growing up ... Mr. Peter McNabb.

The thing is it's not just a local broadcast anymore and ESPN doesn't show hardly any games. I don't have a problem with some homerism at all, it's just the "my team can do no wrong" attitudes that drive me nuts.

I'm with Jay, it's the refusal to admit your team can be offside or ever commit a penalty. I expect the local guys to cheer for their goals but some are going way too far. The Philly guys don't think a penalty should ever be called on them, as "it's all part of the game" or "Let the players decide." I feel bad for anyone who learns their hockey from people like that. JD for the Rangers and Doc Emerick with the Devils are great and honest as are all of the regular guys on ESPN.

I despise all the commentators on ESPN. I just hate how they think everything is an organized play and constantly pound otu stats. It just pisses me off. I would rather listen to really bad "homers" as you all call them, then ESPN, any day.

Most teams do run set plays quite frequently. You have to realize, every one of their analysts were in the NHL at some point and actually do know what is going on.

I just hate the CBC guys, Neil, Cole and Healy namely. I like the rest of'em. I like home radio broadcast guys, but hate homers on TV. That way if you want a homer you can just mute the TV and listen to the radio. One of my all time favourite "homers" was the Buffalo radio guy, I think he may have passed away, but it's the MAAAAAAAYYYYYDAAAYY guy. The name has escaped me sorry.

Neale and Cole are Leafs announcers who happen to work for CBC or TSN. They even travel with the team as I understand it. Healey's just a tool.

The "Buffalo Guy" you refer to is Rick Jenerate who does play-by-play for the Buffalo Sabres TV/Radio broadcasts. And no he did not pass away lol, the late Ted Darling (Sabres old PBP guy) did pass away a few years ago. Jenerate is the best play by play guy in the league. Hes on empire sports network and they are on the satelite for any1 with a dish.

Ya! Jenerate, thanks, thats was bothering me all night. I agree it's awesome. I haven't seen or heard any Buffalo games in years, and remember they had a broadcaster pass away. Must've mistaken Jenerate for Darling.

That Buffalo guy is the best, I wish he would work for CBC. The guys at CBC right now are horrible especially the guys that comentate the leafs games, the guys that commentate the second game of a double header arnt that bad. As for the Avs announers, are they the guys that go :"O thank you thank you thank you" and "Selanne Socres!!!!!!!! and he looks towards the heavens and says thank you thank you thank you!" are they those guys cuz i like their commentary.

Hhahah hockey commentaters are so awsome and for ppl that own Ea Sports NHL 2004, they should use the buffalo guy for the game.

Guest Stax7

That buffalo guy is hallarious. Every time i listen to him i just start craking up.

That Buffalo guy is the best, I wish he would work for CBC. The guys at CBC right now are horrible especially the guys that comentate the leafs games, the guys that commentate the second game of a double header arnt that bad. As for the Avs announers, are they the guys that go :"O thank you thank you thank you" and "Selanne Socres!!!!!!!! and he looks towards the heavens and says thank you thank you thank you!" are they those guys cuz i like their commentary.

Hhahah hockey commentaters are so awsome and for ppl that own Ea Sports NHL 2004, they should use the buffalo guy for the game.

Ok first off he does say "Thank you, thank you, thank you" a lot but he never says "He scores and looks to the heavens and says thank you, thank you, thank you." That heaven part is horseshit, they never say that. I bet a lot of you guys have never heard the Avs broadcasting team except once or twice. Now the Avs radio team is a group of major homers but the tv guys aren't that bad.

Ok first off he does say "Thank you, thank you, thank you" a lot but he never says "He scores and looks to the heavens and says thank you, thank you, thank you." That heaven part is horseshit, they never say that. I bet a lot of you guys have never heard the Avs broadcasting team except once or twice. Now the Avs radio team is a group of major homers but the tv guys aren't that bad.

Never say never, he actually siad it a couple of times i have prove:

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/fanconnect/AudioVideo.asp

go to Monthly Highlights and goto March Highlights and watch the clip, at the very end seleanne scores and he says it.

The Buffalo guy is SO funny. The off/jumping around key "scoooooooores" always make me laugh so hard I start crying. That guy and his little saying are so funny. Oh, and I happen to like Bob Cole and Hary Neale. They aren't really that bad of homers, like they admit when the Buds are playing like crap and when they make bad moves and stuff.

Just as funny as Jenerat "Buffalo Guy" is his partner Jim Lorenz who does color comentary. Jim is famously know here as captain obvious making comments like "Well If the Sabres don't score they won't win the game" and other funny comments. Ive skated a few times w/his son Jim Jr. and he's so amazing I wouldn't be surprised to see him up in a few years.