Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grinder

1st Night: What did you think?

I taped the NJ/Pitt (big Devils fan, for those of you who don't know) and the Buff/NYI (live near Buffalo - the only team locals will talk about) games so I could watch them once I got back from a game of my own.

How was the NJ/Pitts game? TSN teased us with the first 6-7 minutes from the game. I don't think NJ had a shot in that timeframe. I heard afterwards Thibault played BRUTAL. Was it a case of the Devils capolitizing on their few chances? or did they come back and outplay them after TSN cut the feed. I figured Pitts would come out like a house on fire, and they did, but I wasn't sure if they could keep it up. Also who is backing up Thibault?

It was more the Penguins playing REALLY bad than the Devils playing a game that would result in 5-1.

Wasn't Fleury the #1 2 yrs ago?

Is he getting shafted because the Pens wanted someone "NHL Proven" or did he just not deserve it?

He looked like a video game out there at times in 03-04. For every good game he played (I watched in person him tie the devils more or less on his own) there'd be a game where the defense wouldn't clear pucks and he'd get 3-4 garbage goals against. I think it was more they want to ease him in and not just throw him into the fire.

Jagr-Nylander-Rucinsky

They're really sick. I'm not a Rangers fan, but being in Jersey it's the only game on. They cycle perfectly just as was said, they seemed to always know where the others are. Even if the Rangers finish dead last, this line will probably average 60 points per player.

How 'bout them Blueshirts? lol I must say that was a great game last night. I was watching 3 games at once, NYR/PHI, BUF/NYI, and NJD/PIT. I must say that I was disapointed with the PIT/NJD game, though. Pittsburgh was definitely not what I expected. I was impressed with Crosby's pass to Recchi for the goal. Had that pass not been perfect, Recchi probably wouldn't have gotten it. BTW I'm also in Jersey, in case that matters.

damn, what a bad call on Hollweg on his hit on Koivu. Hope they aren't trying to make this figure skating.

Theo,

You still can't run around like a nut!

Tough call but the kid will learn what is and isn't going to fly in the Show. This ain't Medicine Hat!

What about Kovy hitting the post? Mario would have buried it!! Nice pass though for Perz... 's goal.

Too many Ranger D'men make great passes to Habs forwards!!

Early in the third the Habs are doing a lot of hitting long after the puck is gone. I thought that was on the list of no-nos as well.

Damn...Highly disapointed, highly. My blues were looking so good, too. O well, better luck next time, right? ;)

Hey Kovy Ribs,

Your guy should be leading the league in scoring after all the chances he had tonight in NY! Kovy bury the buscuit!

Weekes looked horrible on the winner. NYR need better play betwen the pipes. Jason Strudwick makes me long for the days of Jay Wells and Mario Marois. Help!!

I was so psyched when we came back late in the third, and so disapointed when we lost. I saw it coming, too. when they dumped for that change, I was like "Crap, they're gonna score now."

I was so psyched when we came back late in the third, and so disapointed when we lost. I saw it coming, too. when they dumped for that change, I was like "Crap, they're gonna score now."

Looked like a goal in f'in pick-up hockey!

I was so psyched when we came back late in the third, and so disapointed when we lost.  I saw it coming, too.  when they dumped for that change, I was like "Crap, they're gonna score now."

Looked like a goal in f'in pick-up hockey!

Yeah, I must say that Weekes was playing well for most of the game, but that OT goal was weak.

it looked to me like the puck went off that defencemans stick, and was deflected. either way, goalies have given up a couple long harmless shots so far...theodore and bergeron, and esche n jagr.

I thought the Rags should've taken that one. Outside of the PP's, I thought they had the flow controlled and were the ones pressing. I can't figure out how MTL can score a 2 man PP late in the game with a 1 goal lead, but then the Ref refuses to call another penalty against the Habs after the call with like 3 minutes left.

Ok Shanny vs Rivers -- nice right to shannny's noggin before shanny got in a few. No problem with extra 5 or 10 for shanny, once guy is on ice, respect him and stop swinging, show over.

It was Shanny vs. Jamal Mayers, but I think we knew what you meant. Decent fight. I think it was the result of Tkachuk putting a good hit on Datsyuk that Shanny took expection to. Perfectly clean hit when Datsyuk was just standing there. Anyway, there was a little scrum and then later these two went at it.

Also the next night in St. Louis Chelios took like three penalties in a row. He looked pretty miffed each time he got called. I'm sure he will get used to the new rules.

Thanks for the correction. Too many games, too many players on the first night.

I watched the Blues get introduced at home last night. Between the Blues and NYR its like a rookie game every night in the NHL.

I was at the caps game and watched Ovechkin for most of the game. Of course i was impressed with his goals and his first hit, but what really did it for me was he had three or four really good back checks which broke up possible scoring chances and he was very good in both ends off the puck. A very polished player for his first game in the NHL.

Was it just me or was there a lot of first career NHL goals scored for rookies on the first night?

You essentially have two years of rookies coming into the league this year, it's not too surprising.

it looked to me like the puck went off that defencemans stick, and was deflected. either way, goalies have given up a couple long harmless shots so far...theodore and bergeron, and esche n jagr.

How about Zhitnik(sp?) goal in the BUF/NYI game? That caught Miller completely off guard. Buffalo still won though B)