Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

Thoughts on Selanne's equipment

His gear selection seems pretty strange to me. He skated in those Bauer 2/3000's forever and then went to the Pure Fly and thought it was great and Mission kept pushing how much he loved the forward flex and range of motion. He wore those for a few seasons before he switched to the Vector Pro, a pretty stiff skate. Especially compared to what he is coming from. I know he is very particular about his skates...

Also he switches between his wood sticks and one pieces. I have heard him interviewed and he talks about how he can never fully get used to the feel of a graphite blade but prefers the weight and consistancy of the shafts. Why doesn't he just use a top end shaft with some wood blades? I don't know....what are other peoples take on these?

Guest Stax7

Yes. I thinnk he is almost all washed up. He hasnt produced at all for the AVs.

It's not that he is washed up. It's that he's not the "go-to" guy anymore, same thing with Kariya. If he went back to San Jose, or another team in need of a "go-to" guy, he would probably be a 30-goal scorer again.

hes not even close to the player he once was. If you watch him during games, he rarely wins loose pucks in the corners, and his cheesy moves don't work anymore.