Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sharks_34

Do you use the same curve pattern for both?

Do you use the same curve pattern when playing hockey with a puck and with a ball?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From seeing the IISHF thread it shows that there are some other guys that also play both puck and ball.....so I was wondering if you use the same pattern for both puck and ball?

Given the different point of contact (ball - 1 inch off floor, puck - the floor), weight and behaviour, I use a koho crossover 21 for ball and a lidstrom for puck (same curve type and depth for both, but more open face on the lindstrom).

Select what applies to you in the poll, and post your preference(s) and why underneath.

Thanks!

:D

How about options for those the either only play puck or ball?...

Ball: Koho 23 curve, make wrist shots all the time, and since it's a ball slappers

aren't affected as much by the curve.

Puck: Recchi, can do anything with this curve. (5ppg/avg)

I use different patterns for both. I find a ball lifts of the ground a lot easier then a puck, so a pattern with an open face isn't as necessary, IMO.

For ball hockey: I use an Koho Ultimate 2100.

For puck hockey: I switch curves often, but I stick to mostly a Modano or a Modo clone.

I use the same curve for both as I don't like switching blades and curves. I don't find it matters a whole lot when you're using a Lindros or a Recchi either.

for ball hockey i like toe curves, so in tight i can roof it.

ice i use mid heel curves i play defence and cant see myslef using a toe curve for defnece.

I use a Sakic for both now. i used to use an Iginla for ball and a sakic for ice/puck but then the iginla broke and now i just got used to the sakic.

to keep the ball lower with an open blade, you just put a lower follow through on it.

Puck: i usally use a lidstrom curve or a drury

Ball: modano or something even straighter, i usually have to heat up the modano first cause its not staight enough for my liking