Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thejackal

What a player!

Thornton, and Ribeiro for that matter, have nothing on him. Koivu has always played hard and stepped up when it counted, the same cant be said for the other 2.

JR and I were talking when it was first posted on TSN. How can you not love this guy?

My God, what heart he plays with!! If only every player in the league would play with that kind of grit and determination, playoffs or not, the league would be soo much better!

How bad is "torn rib catlidge", like the usual time out for it? It's definately great he could fight through all of that, it really helped out the habs. I played with cracked ribs and a bruised lung before. Definately very painful, I thought the hardest part was on the bench once the play was over.

OUCH

he is an unbelievable player and a great person. i cannot believe how the fans in montreal boo-ed him when he and ribiero fought in practice.

did joe thorton say anything about his injuries?

I was under the impression Thornton was playing with a Broken hand and I want to say a rib injury, but I'm not completely sure on either.

Well on the injury report on CBC at the begining of the playoffs it said that Thornton was playing with a broken right wrist and after it said uper body injury and finally the ribs, Mmmm ribs...

How bad is "torn rib catlidge", like the usual time out for it?

Don Cherry said that he was walking with his friend on the street, who had torn rib catilidge, and his friend sneezed then fell to his knees. I think it's when the muscle is torn from the bone or something to that effect.

He is the heart and soul of that team and Gainey knew it, that's why he didn't trade him. They started to build the team around him so why trade, funny thing though is that when he left the last news conference after the elimination he went to his car took out some brand new golf clubs and showed them to everyone and took some practice swing, that would have stirred up some stuff if it would have happened in the regular season and that he woudn't have played a couple of games. :D

Too bad Kovalev couldn't have stopped acting like a little girl and actually play a little D. Koivu played his heart out and gives it his all every game. I have never heard him publicly complain and that is why he is my favorite plyer to watch. He shows true heart and passion for the game in which there are just too many players bringing down their teams by asking to much money.

Apparantly Koivu has already been pretty vocal about wanting Kovalev back next year. I gotta admit, when Kovy first got to Montreal and after his wimpy move in Game 4 v. Boston, I didn't want anything else to do with him. But after that he played great. I know he doesn't play great D, but there are lots of Montreal forwards who can play D (Sundstrom, Ward, Dowd, Dackell etc...), and with Theo on his game he makes up for mistakes when the happen. The Habs need offence. The prospect of a full season of Kovalev/Koivu/Zednik (or Ryder for that matter) is quite intriging.

Koivu is class all the way. I wonder how much pull he will have with Gainey and Julien, but I'd like to see Kovalev come back next year.

Guest Datsyuk*13

I had torn rib cartlidge a few years back i was standing on monkey bars at school and fell and landed on them and twisted funny it hurts so bad. I t hurts to breath basically!