Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elias#1

Who is your favorite hockey announcer?

Mine would have to be the Buffalo Sabres guy...have you heard him he is awesome. Also other good ones are the ones from Colorado. I like it when he says "scores thank you, thank you".

Joe Bowen because I hear'em all the time, but without Bias I'd have to say I really like Rick Jenerate (the buffalo guy) as well. The Colorado guys voices bother me.

The Buffalo guy and the Toronto guy who always says HOLY MACKENNA.

Bob Cole? He's my least favorite announcer. Probably because I hate the Leafs. I've never heard the Jenerate is he really that good?

Mike Lange and all his sayings from back when the Pens were good

You should still like him then, he's still using the same lines.

Jenerate is really that good. I couldn't imagine watching a game w/o him. Many people around here watch the games just because of him. Every player gets there own saying when they score a goal.

Also I love Panger- He just loves his job hes always so excited. I honestly think he would work the games for free.

Emrick is good, however too excitable. Man gets excited when the goalie takes a swig out of the water bottle...

Finnally someone who agrees with me. I dont really have a favorite announcer...

I tried taking a nap last week during the Sharks/Avs game - I had to switch to the DET/CGY game instead b/c Emrick would go apeshit when the teams made line changes...

Jim Hughson

I loved it when he used to do the TSN national games when the network had the NHL package.

I hate Gord Miller, he's a box. That goes for Pierre "These New Sticks Are Horrible" Maguire.

Joe Bowen, he's such a homer, and exagerates LIKE CRAZY. If you can get a Leaf game, turn Bowen up, it's a joke sometimes. His punch-by-punch fight calling is hilarious though. Plus, my buddy used to beat his kid up in minor hockey. Said his kid was a real pussy.

I like Bob Cole, but duke doesn't know half the players out on the ice.

I love Harry Neale though, what a wealth of hockey knowledge.

But still hands down, Jim Hughson. He was the first voice in the NHL series for EA Sports for a reason.

Phil

I'm all over the map

I love Bob Coles call, when he is NOT doing a Leafs game. CBC is so sickeningly biased. But hearing him do a game is how I assoiate hockey broadcasting.

Jim Hughson is great.

Also, Chris Cuthbert is probably my other. He is exciteable without being too stupid.

One thing I can't handle is the ESPN guys, or any non hockey town broadcaster for that matter, that says "Score!" :angry: It just sounds so damn awful and unschooled on the game.

i watch all the pens games and a good bit of leafs, so id say lange or cole. i like watchin davidson because whoever does games with him always cuts on the rangers

I enjoy (most of the time) Sam Rosen and JD's calls of a game. I also like the guys in Vancouver and most of the CBC broadcasts although sometimes they get a little lopsided in the playoffs when it's a CA vs. US matchup.