Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stampede

Tour Spoiler Wave

Having given up on OPS because of the cost i've got a Tour Spoiler Wave with a focus flex blade.

Thing doesn't feel right... but can shoot like demon with it?!?

Any one else like these shafts and find you can get a real bang out of them?

Never heard of it. Tour products are only making there way down here nowadays. Can you post a pic?

I'm using a Tour OPS in a Modano curve. I can't shoot with it for the life of me. It's a pretty nice stick though. It's just me. Haha!

Sorry mate, can't post picture.

If you look at one of the other topics there is a link photo's from a Mudcats/KTek game. It's the shaft most of the Tour players use (obviously because they get them free!).

It's been on the market for ages now but just wanted an idea from folkes who aren't given them free what they think of them.

Isn't that the Tour stick where the bottom portion or "Flex Zone" is kinda rippled looking, hence "Wave"? I have seen some of them. I think that wave zone is what is throwing off the feel. I'm sorry, but I think a flex zone should be a straight line, or a gradual taper in order to allow transferring energy to follow the lines of the shaft more efficiently. Having a ripple breaks the flow of energy over each ripple. You're probably shooting well because the ripple effect created a very flex stick.

A guy on my team uses one and swears by it over all other shafts. He relies on lots of wrist shots and does not shoot slappers very much, but he uses it with Inno blades and loves it.

Never heard of it. Tour products are only making there way down here nowadays. Can you post a pic?

I'm using a Tour OPS in a Modano curve. I can't shoot with it for the life of me. It's a pretty nice stick though. It's just me. Haha!

Here ya go...

Tour Shafts

Its the second one, click on the picture to make it bigger.

From what I know well one of the mud cat players I know they use that sticks but with out the wave. I also like the tour OPS stick I can shoot with it because they only make the one curve. On there shafts well I have used them with and with out the wave part. I preferred it when I used tour shafts to have the ones with out the wave part on the bottom cause when taking slap shots the wave part would usually mess me up. I cant help you with the composite blade part cause I always used a wooden blade and it felt fine to me.

Like I said it feels wierd but I'm scoring with it so if it isn't broke don't fix it I guess.

The wave I think acts like a taper to an extent. It's an 85 flex but not as whippy as a TPS or CCM reg flex. More like a Easton 95 Cyclone.

The grip coating is nice on the shaft as is the shape of the shaft.

The rule seems to be what ever kit price is in dollars that translates to £'s cos of the shipping/tax/LHS profit when you get gear in the UK.

So a Stealth at £210 is out of the question ... I guess about $350!!!!