Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarey

So who here has been disapointed?

I have !

Lets see, I wanted these:

vpg7000-1-large.jpg

And after a month and a half i get these:

09_09_20053_13PM_0001.jpg

So Imagine my surprize when I tore into the box and found i got the wrong Frickin colours!!!!!!!!!

I haven't has that problem with goal pads but a lot of our custom orders with one company have been at least partially screwed up. I think one or two out of 6 or 7 has been right so far.

Sweet pads! I really like the reverse colour graphics. I saw them on one of the european goalies vs team Canada and have been impressed with them ever since.

3561.jpg

Having said that. If they aren't "EXACTLY" what you wanted....Send 'em back. You will always second guess yourself otherwise. And shoulda, coulda, woulda, can't be in the head of a goalie. You need 110% faith in every piece of your gear. Good Karma...

Thank you ... every one is telling me they are nicer than what i wanted but I just dont see than then i straat to think well..... I just prefer the white on the inside... its a thing i guess that Patrick Roy wore off on me from...but I thank all of you for the imput keep it comming

That totally SUCKS man I guess I can relate, my team bought me new equipment this year first the bought me a Vaughn Epic 8000 trapper, it sucked it was to big and wobbly, sold it, then they bought me a Vaughn Velocity 2 7000 it sucked way to big and much larger and heavier than my V1, so finally I sold it to and order a Velocity 1 in team colors myself, so I know exactly what you are goin through man, I have waited about 6 and a half week for each glove so in essence about 19 weeks and my team color V1 is due in any day now thank God, but I know how hard it is to FINALLY get your stuff and to FINALLY find out sumthin is wrong with it or its the wrong colors. If it bothers you that much you could obviously send it back but we both know it will be another LOOONG wait for a new pair

I kept them, I was Blinded by my disappointment and i really looked at them and now they aer sexy (IMO) Now I want a new blocker... is the Epic any good... for a Butterfly goalie

The epic is a good blocker, its small and light, the V2 is what I use and prefer, its just as light and is a little bigger, the V2 is a good butterfly blocker cause its not wider, its longer meaning it covers the hole between the blocker arm and the body, but they are both good blockers

I think that colour way is better too, but yeah it's horrible if you have an image in your head, then it turns out to be different.

Thank you ... every one is telling me they are nicer than what i wanted but I just dont see than then i straat to think well..... I just prefer the white on the inside... its a thing i guess that Patrick Roy wore off on me from...but I thank all of you for the imput keep it comming

Return them! The white on the inside is much better. Makes the shooter think the 5-hole is bigger.

Dont listen to Jimmy, those things turned out pretty sweet.

As for the blocker. I use the Epic, and Ive used the Velosity (until my demon for a dog tore into my equipment. not a good day to say the least.) The epic blocker is much lighter, and you can get a better grip on the stick i think. I play a butterfly/Hybrid style. It works awesome, esspecially when i go pattle down. Works great, I recommend it. If you want to go outside of Vaughn, try the new TPS Summit Gear...thats not too bad either.

I think it would throw me off more with the white on the outside. It seems to be the convention to have white lining the five hole now, those are different. I had to stop and look at the picture, it puzzled me, i couldn't work out at first why they were different, you never know it may work in a game too.

Vaughn is NOTORIOUS for color botch-ups. I personally like the V1 graphic much better then I like the V2. As for the whole illusion of larger openings due to placement of white on a pad, while I've heard the theory for years I've NEVER once heard of a player buying into this. As far as Im conerned it's a wive's tale.