Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleT96

Your present and past inline skates

I'm not even getting into the crap I had before my first "real" hockey skates...

Nike Air Zooms - wore em out

Mission Proto SV - cracked chassis

Mission Flow Mod 4 - Absolutely LOVED these skates. had them for 3 1/2 years and gave them to a friend who still uses them to this day.

Mission D1 - lasted a whopping 3 months before they exploded

Mission RMX - borrowed from my brother, 2 sizes too big, never returned them

Mission Proto VS - Went back to an older-style mission after the D1s exploded

Tour Silvermax - Cracked outsole

Tour Beemer - finally starting to die, slight outsole separation that I epoxied

first pair were the Nike's black and gold

Mission Vsi's

Vsi team comp

type M with vibe chassis

D1's

Bauer XiX with composite gseries frame

Mission xp75 with sprung frames

and finally have the wicked 1's

My Vsi Team Comp (Generator chassis), bought full price in December 99' , are running their 7th (and sadly last) year, thought they took a sabbatical year when I ripped one of my ACLs (anterior cruciate ligament, the usual knee injury ...). I play about 5 hours/week, so if you remove the vacations etc., that would bring their mileage to 1000++ hours of service, quite a feat.

Patched the sides with epoxy about a dozen times, stitched back the tendon guard 3 times (then patched it with neoprene glue+nylon mesh), worn about 30 of these cursed blue alu axles (maybe more, a very nice guy from Mission sent me a bag full of them a long time ago). But as they fit better than my best socks (though the break-in was a pain), and suit my play perfectly (or did I adapt that much ?), I've been more than reluctant to let them go. Every other skates I tried felt "wrong", stance-wise.

I hope that the Wicked One will be a suitable replacement when I'll get a pair in December, when they'll hopefully be available in France ...

[off track]

Is there anyone here who could tell me how the VSI and W1 compare, feeling-wise ? Same position ? Same forward tilt ? higher or lower ankle support/flex ? Thanks a lot ...

-Mission, VSI pro team carbon (boot destroyed my feet, but I was a beginner and just thought I needed to get used to it. The boot fell apart and eventually broke chassis.

-CCM, 452 (did ok, alittle heavy, and were too big, sold)

-Mission, proto V...R...??I think (skate did well and lasted well, and wore them out)

-2X Mission, Proto VSI (skate did well and finally broke it down on one, and bent chassis from a slap shot on other.)

-Tour, Fishbone (They were stiff, seemed okay, but I didn't like much, so I put the T-Blade's Ice set up on them and gave them to wife.)

-2X Mission Proto VSI w/ Carbon chassis (Still have and use regularly great skate)

-Mission, Type "M" w/ vibe (took off vibe<CRAP>, replaced w/ Detonator chassis. By far my favorite boot of all time, stll have and use more than any other.)

-2X Mission, D1-Limited (Thought they were the same boot as the Type "M"'s, as they are shaped similarly. They are not! I like them a lot, but the boot broke down quickly and became to soft to use on both pairs while rotateing use to extend life but still broke down quick)

-2X Mission, Proto VS (Did well, wife uses them while I spend $$$$$ on trying new stuff)

I've used Easton Z-Air, Tour, and CCM, and Mission skates on Ice. Just kind of got used to the fit and feel of Mission's boots, so I really prefer them.

Mission seems to go up and down on quality and feel. One year they are great, then a not so good year, then good stuff again.

I really like the Proto VSI boots, and as I stated earlier I love the type "M" boot but hated w/ a passion the vibe. I am still using these after years, and the boot is broke in to be incredibly well formed to my feet, yet not broke down or soft a bit. I've completly broke down and worn out three other skates since I've had these and they are the ones still going strong. I've always had more than 1 pair of skates at a time so I am able to rotate wear so as to let them dry out etc. between uses.

Fun thread.

1)Roller Derby (black and purple)

2)Nike..dont know the name....one of the first ones that came out (all black w/black metal chassis) cant find a name or picture on the net

3)Mission Proto VI

4)Tour 950's

5)Tour G80's

6)Tour Beemers