Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleT96

Your present and past inline skates

I read the thread about the '99 VSI comp vs. the he950 and was wondering what skates people have used through the years and with all the new technology and skates that are out, if people still prefer an older model. I've bought a pair of Mission Mod4's back in '97-98 and they were a great skate for its time. Really comfortable boot.

I had a pair of 99 VSI team comps to replace a pair of mod4's, in which i broke the chassis. I thought they were gonna be sweet, but they ended being mad narrow. I tried to suck it up....even laced them up loose, but I couldn't take it. Sux b/c they seemed like they were going to be great. Speaking of the Mod4's, I don't know if anyone had a pair, but it seemed to me that they placed you at a different angle when you skated. I know that lies typically refer to sticks, but it almost seemed that they had a different lie and placed you in a more stand up position then the Mission skates that came out starting in '99. I don't know too many people that had missions back in '97-'98.

I replaced the VSI comps w/ the 2001 VSI VIBE that included that tank spring loaded chassis. Those boots were great, but I have no idea what Mission was thinking when they decided to use that garbage truck as a chassis. If the weight wasn't bad enought, then having one of the "spring loaded shocks" catch the rink and dump you was.

I attempted to replace the VIBES with a Pure Fly/RedStar Alloy chassis combo. I soon found out that Mission's iceskates are MUCH MORE narrow then their inline skates...I'm not positive, bought i'm thinking any "Limited" Mission inline skate uses a Mission Iceskate boot, thereby resulting in a more narrow fit. I was extremely disappointed b/c the skate was so light, but again the pain prevented me using the skate.

I replaced those with the D1c and aside from the annoying DNA laces, there a pretty good skate. It think they could have combined it w/ a lighter chassis...I am assume that's what the he950 essentially is.

However, I did take the RedStar Alloy chassis off the Pure Fly and put them on the VSI VIBE boot. That combo is actually pretty sweet. Not as light as the flyweight combo, but it is lighter then the Dc1. Really good skate. I hear alot that with all the skates that have came out since 2000, people still love the wickedlights. I've never owned a pair, but I'm tempted to snag a pair if i ever see a pair on eBay. How was that rocker assembly on the Bauer's? I think that's what Mission tried to match w/ the VIBE, but with 40 extra Lbs attached.

Come to think of it, maybe I should take the chassis off the '99 VSI Comp skate and put them on my old Mod4 skates......well, i know one of the things i'll be doing this weekend. :lol:

My first pair: Sherwood ones with a red star eframe....One word: BRICKS

Second pair: Mission RTx....Great skate aside from the vibe chassis....Still got em and used em a couple months ago..

3rd Pair: Mission Wicked Light....GREAT skates, but they were too damn stiff......I loved the look of those skates.....

4th Pair: Nike V-12 w/alloy chassis....Great skates as well but I later found ou they were 1.5 size too big....Mad light though

5th Pair: Nike Flexlite 12 w/hummer chassis: My Favorite skates out of all of them..Light, comfy as hell, and just a great all around skate

yes.....not a lot wider, but pretty noticeable.....Missions hurt my feet on the sides...I didnt have EE though...But I have D width Nikes and there perfect

1. Mission Proto V-Parents bought me them because they didnt think i'd play hockey for very long. Solid skates, but really heavy.

2. Mission Proto VSI team-My favorite pair of "old" skates, ever. They werent all that heavy, but seemed to withstand everything.

3. Mission Wicked Light ViBE-Super stiff and light even with the ViBE chassis.

4. Mission Type M- No other word can describe them except for tanks. Heavy, Clunky, but bullet proof

5. Tour G90-Got them because i wanted to try the Sensor chassis. They didnt stay in my possession very long.

6. Nike V12 on a Red Star Alloy Chassis-Super wide, they felt like slippers on my feet. The boot was soft and broke down quick.

7. Took the RS Alloy off my v12's, and put it on Vapor XX's. Lightest skate i've ever used. Floor burn ruined the boot real quick.

8. Mission D2c-Great skates, but my outsole seperated in less than 1 season.

9. Mission HE750-Got them as replacements from my D2c's. Also sent them back in less than 1 season because of a Broken DNA Strand.

10. Mission S500 with RS Alloy. My current indoor combination. Love the supple fit and the alloy's are holding up great.

11. Mission Quatro 7500-My newest pair of skates. Got them a couple weeks ago, and love them. I wear them and the S500's in rotation about every 3 games. Easily the best stock skate to ever come from Mission, at an insane price.

Wow, i've been through lots of skates :unsure:

1. Bauer roller hockey skates - No idea the model, took the chassis off of them, put on a 3 wheel rocker chassis and used them with Hartford bearings and some local indoor wheels. Didn't hold up well at all, but haven't had bearings that spun as long in my life. I remember racing my friend and having them go for over a minute. Broke down in the Championship game, sides just folded in on them.

2. Mission Proto V - Black, had to special order them because all we had around here was a crappy "hockey boot" Bauers and plastic rollerblades. I believe this was one of their first skates. Had issues with the rivets and Mission sent me alot of stuff because of the inconvience. I believe it was the summer before their ice skates came out.

3. Mission VS - Would've loved to get some of the "Mod" skates, but they were never available in the area. Mid range boot, did the trick.

4. V-Form - One of the lower models, turned my socks yellow. Heavy, ugly, slow.

5. Mission Proto V - Silver and black, I liked them, nothing special

6. Mission VSi Vibes - Hated the Vibes, loved everything else. Likely my "best" skate, but broke down when I started wearing them outside. Because EE was never available, changing a chassis for a boot that doesn't fit "perfect" wasn't a real option for me.

7. Nike Hi-Ho Silvers - Loved the weight, bearings, but the boot never fit right. Too wide in my heel and cut up my feet. Unloaded them after 1 season

8. Mission Pure Fly's w/ Sensor Chassis - Good boot, but something always felt a little off with them. I think the Supple fit got to me and I wasn't playing enough to get "used to it".

Now looking for new skates, may go back and try some Missions, but will likely end up in Tours to try the Hummer.

Ok for fun and in order of use:

Pre- Mission Employment:

edit: 1. Skate Attacks - First ever inline skates

2. Rollerblade Zetras

3. Rollerblade Lightnings

then

1. Riedell Plastic skates with H200 chassis

2. Riedell 852 or something like that w/ H400 Chassis

3. Bauer Supreme Roller boots w/ H400 Chassis

4. CCM 752 (the ones with "Kevlar") w/ H400 chassis

5. CCM w/ Pump first w/H400

edit again

First Nike Skates - All white

Flite with White stripe

Flite with Blue strip

then

6. Mission Mod 2

7. Mission VSX

8. Mission VSI

After starting Mission:

9 - 100: Over 100 different pairs of skates.......=

1st generation Rollerblade - right after they changed from Ole's Innovative Sports

2 - Macroblades

3 Bauer ZT7 with the plastic chassis

4 Bauer H7 w Alum chassis soon after

5 Micron 1090 Boot with H200 chassis

6 Flite Ultimate w AKS Chassis (+ H400)

add: K2 Rock Ice Pro - had a track where you could move the frames in/out for proper positioning, great fit and ventilation...

7 CCM 755 - the skate to have in the mid 90's and went for close to $400

8 Nike Air Accel Elite

9 Rollerblade Evo Max - (these were actually pretty cool..had a Magnesium chassis even...just needed to not retain as much moisture)

10 Bauer Supreme 3000 w/ hi lo -

11 Tour 950

12 Nike Quest 1

13 Bauer 2090

14 Bauer 3090

9 - 100: Over 100 different pairs of skates.......=

Are they much different skates? All top of the line or one of everything such? Don't happpen to be an 8EE do you j/k!

Rollerblade Lightning

Rollerblade Lightning (second pair)

Bauer ZT7

Micron 10-70 with AKS chassis

Bauer 4000 with Sure-Grip H400 chassis

Mission HE950

Mission Quatro 9500

Some skates I have owned...

-Tour 902's

-Tour G80's

-Tour G90's (Were shipped back after problems)

-CCM 852's on a Mission frame (not sure which one)

-Tour Beamers

-Graf 705's on Labeda Sensor Frame. The skates I use know and my favorite ones I have ever had.

1.Rollerblade Lightnings: Crazy skate absolutely unfit for hockey, had a 4ppg avg in them but had to stop useing them due to almost no ankle support (soft bendable plastic) and bullying from my teammates.

2. Bauer Supremes (brown version): Nor good or bad, flat chassis, quick boot breakdown. Thought they were great in the beginning, coming from the Lightnings...

3. Mission Vs(i?): the ones with a yellow chassis, and some white here and there on the boot. very decent skate, played in them to they pretty much deteriorated.

4. Mission d1c: good skate, but too soft and the outsole ripped from the boot after 6months use.

5. CCM Vector Pro with Mission d1c chassis: Very good, the d1c chassis was/is bombproof and outlasted the boot. Got almost a year out of them, very fond memories and they looked cool, all silver both boot & chassis.

6. Rbk 8k Pump with redstar Alloys: Best boot I've ever skated in... replaced the alu Tri-di chassis (because Tri-di sux) with alloys. Extremely light and a great performer, the 8k Pump boot is surprisingly durable (been skating in them for 3months) and very comfortable. Only negative thing is that my teammates have started hacking on me again due to the ballon noises coming from my side of the locker room.

-Future Skate-

7. Mission 10000: Sponsered skate, can't beat free stuff, looking forward to trying them alot. Like stiff skates and curious to see if they are truly the best inlineskates ever made.

Wow, nice thread that brings up some fond memories of moving up through the ranks from the asphalt parking lot to the wooden indoor roller rink to the "blue floor".

1) 1994 Some plastic boot from a department store...."Phantoms" maybe?

2) 1995 Ultra Wheels Brett Hull Model

3) 1996 Bauer H? (first skates with Tuuk Aluminum Chassis) and plastic toe cap. I had to get these after witnessing RHI and noticing aluminum chassis. My plastic chassis were getting beat to hell playing outdoors. Bauers just didn't fit my foot right and the yellow lining was making my socks look like I urinated in them.

4) 1996 CCM 755 w/ SureGrip H400 chassis. These were my first skates after moving exclusively to indoor SportCourt. I put thousands of miles on them and still use them for the occasional outdoor skate. Used for 5 years before buying...

5) 2001 CCM 1152 w/ Tour Redline Chassis. My first experience with Hi-Lo chassis. Hated it at first....I still feel like I have more agility on straight 72mms when I use my old CCMs. The boots were ultralight but the composite footbed started cracking. Also I kept having problems with the Tour hardware as the screws kept coming loose (even after using Loc-Tite). Still have/Will sell.

6) 2004 CCM 652 w/ Redstar E-Frame. My favorite skate to date and I love the Redstar hardware on the chassis.....no problems thus far with the chassis. The outsole is starting to crack across where the chassis are mounted.

------------------------------------------------------

On a sidenote, I have a great teammate who has been playing inline for many years (he's now in his late 30's). He has the same pair of Bauer Supreme skates from the early-mid 90's. They're now starting to REALLY fall apart and he swears that once his skates are done, so is he. :lol: He really doesn't feel like buying and breaking in another pair of skates for one game a week. Hopefully he's kidding....

-1. Some goofy low level CCM skate

1. Proto V's (I think - it was the real crappy one- I remember bending out the chassis with pliers a few times)

2. Mission Wicked Lights (The first ones with the 'carbon' chassis that slowly and painfully chipped away...)

3. Tour 962's (The front of the bood cracked open after a little while...)

4. Tourt 962 (again - good deal on net at that point...)

5. Nike Roller daddy's - just bought 'em but I'm not sure if I'll use 'em - the boot feels like it'll kill my feet, and the 962's aren't completely borken yet...

6... hoping for some good feedback on the new Mission line..and then I can sink $350 on a pair of skates (still $30 less than what I spent on the Wicked Lights, which lasted a year...)

1:Old school ccm tacks i forgot the number on them but i really did like them they were hell to break in tho

2:These old white nikes that sucked really bad and they were the worst feeling skates ever.

3: bauer 20-70 and they are amazing the only problem was the wheels but i swapped those out for some rink rats which are a really good wheel but i think i got defective ones that cracked. But for the 120 i payed for them they are a really nice skate.

1. Some old Koho skates...forget what they were

2. Mission VS...forget the year, had an orange chassis with an all black boot

3. Mission V 2000

4. Mission VSi ViBE

5. Mission D-Limited

6. Mission He950

getting 10000 this year

Oh boy, I don't know if I can remember the early ones or the ones that only made a brief appearance in my life but here goes.........

- pair of all purpose inlines by Roller Derby. I spent a lot of time on parking lots and in these skates.

- "upgraded" to Rollerblade brand inlines, again all purpose pair, forgot the name, not hockey specific.

- Nike Air Pursuits, Fedorov white look alikes, hurt my feet, returned them

- CCM 455's, loved them, loved them, loved them. Spent the most time on these then they got stolen

- now I'm having a brain fart. can't remember what I used after that. I very well might've gotten another pair of 455's but I honestly am not sure :blink:

- Mission Proto V's, w/ hi-lo penetrators

- CCM 755's, loved those too, but sold them. about a half size too big

- Mission Wicked Lites. My first big ticket skate, loved the look the feel, the fit everthing. Chassis is chipped, and I decided to retire these.

- Mission Proto VI's. bought on closeout, still never used.

1. Ultra Wheels Brett Hull Skates

2. Bauer H6 with aluminum chassis

3. CCM 555 pumps w/ Kuzak pro chassis

4. CCM 1052 w/ suregrip H400

5. Same 1052 boot w/ sensor chassis

6. CCM Vector Pro w/ sesnor

7. Mission S500 w/ sensor

8. Mission S500 w/ hummer frame

Current setup is easilty my favorite. Mission s500 fits me better than any skate, and I love the hummer, just took a game or two to get used to.

-Seneca skates

-Rollerblade Lightnings

-Bauer R-3's

-Bauer H-3's (Up till 98)

Stopped playing roller and ice hockey in 98 and didnt come back until late 2003. (Torn ACL kind of had me scared for a long time)

When I came back

-Mission Proto V's

-Tour Red Max

-Mission D Limited (Too big for my foot)

-Tour G-90 (I cant STAND tour boots)

-Mission HE950, went through 3 or 4 pairs (cant realy remember)

-Justin hooked me up with a test sample pair of Quatro 9500 back in june, not quite what you guys see as the final product, but definately close enough.

-Nike V12 w/mission MG chassis. (Worst chassis fitting job I have ever seen, its so bad that I cant skate on them without fear of personal injury, im gonna try a sensor chassis I have laying around)

Out of all the skates I have worn (which arent many, or the best of quality by compairson to some of you guys. I would have to say the best overall skate is the Quatro 9500's. THe fit, the feel, and the control are awesome.