Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleT96

Your present and past inline skates

1) Ghetto plastic blades...no idea what brand...

2) Bauer RH 100?

3) Bauer RH5

4) CCM 970

5) CCM 1152

6) CCM Externo Outcast

7) Bauer Vapor XV w/ Sensor chassis

Favorite pair would have to be my most recent pair..the custom vapor 15's but the outcasts were tanks..lasted over 2 years.

I'm itching to try out some missions though...hopefully next year

Ian

1) Bauer F-5 - fitness skates... enough said haha

2) Mission Vs - the first ones... Were a good skate but the chassis always got dented and the toe cap broke.

3) CCM 952 with the Labeda "DA BOMB" chassis - Ok but occasional blisters on the heel.

4) Mission Vsi Team - I loved these but again chassis trouble so i switched to the VIBE and I hated them, plus I think they were a tad too big.

5) Mission Amp 1 with the generator team carbon chassis - Awesome skate but after like 2 yrs the chassis broke in the front where the axle is.

6) Mission Pure Fly with the generator team chassis - Favorite skate to date...they are kinda beat up but I still love them, nice and light and I like how they arent too stiff and have a low cut.

7) Getting the Mission Helium 9500 - Tried them on at my LHS and liked them, a bit different from my pure flys but are nice and light. I think they will work :)

1) Ghetto plastic blades...no idea what brand...

2) Bauer RH 100?

3) Bauer RH5

4) CCM 970

5) CCM 1152

6) CCM Externo Outcast

7) Bauer Vapor XV w/ Sensor chassis

Favorite pair would have to be my most recent pair..the custom vapor 15's but the outcasts were tanks..lasted over 2 years.

I'm itching to try out some missions though...hopefully next year

Ian

What team do you play for Ian?

Mission RPM my present skates and best so far......that might change since iam getting D1c tomorrow :).......i know a little "old" but i still love them.

1. Ultra Wheels - Wayne Gretzky edition

2. BladeRunner - Molded hockey skate.

3. Mission Wicked Lites - stiff as hell, but a great skate...until the carbon chassis cracked while I was playing shinny the night before a playoff game!

4. Mission VSi Team - went and bought these as we were in playoffs and I had no skates! Mission customer service sent me a new pair of Wicked Lites, 2nd edition in about 10 days! Loved the VSi too, so decided to keep both.

EDIT:

5. Mission Type M - almost forgot about these! Figures, since I gave them away. The fit was very different from all the others, and I did not like the Vibe chassis.

6. PureFly with Generator Chassis. Learned to use my ankles better and bought the same skate as I had for ice to convert to inlines. It feels a tad too soft for rollerhockey, I suppose because it is meant for colder ice conditions. Supplefit, plus hot weather makes it a bit too soft.

Favourite rollerhockey skate all time is the Mission VSi Team skate. I had the right combination of flex and stiffness, and wrapped my foot like a glove. I've recently converted them to ice skates just for kicks.

Bauer Supreme RH5000

CCM RH970

Graf 705 with Kuzak CCM 68/76 frame

Bauer Supreme 5000 with Kuzak frame

Might make a RH comeback with S500/SureGrip 405 black frame

1. CCM Externo Maverick - Chassis bent easily

2. 2003 Mission D1 - Excellent skate , never had any problems

3. 2005 Mission He950 - Best Skate for me to date, very easy to break in .

My best skate has been my wicked lights. I've skated on just about every top end Mission skate. These:

sprtHockeyMission_Wicked_Light.gif

I'm glad you found that pic. I'll never forget those skates. Best pair, by far that I've ever owned. I'm still hoping for something to blow me away like those did.

I've ran through the gammit though. I've owned every single pair of Mission skates from 96-01 (except for the VI, and other low ones) I even had a pair of Mod 2's (which are still in my closet!)

I've been through about 4 pairs of Bauer H-1's from back in the day. I had a pair of the bladerunner's with the yellow/orange writing on them. And the Sniper OT's. Remember those? Man! what were those bladerunners called? Pro-pucks?

Worst skates I ever had were those D2c's. I would have rather skated on 1996 Proto V's than those pieces of garbage. My girlfriend spent good money on them, and they fell apart. Oh well.

I'm 15, and I've been through about 10 pairs of skates in 5 years. Unhealthy? Nah, just Mission. :P

1. Mission Proto Si Worn down to nothing

2. Mission Proto Si Sold after wearing down to nothing

3. Mission RMx Outgrew, but try to fit in them for practice on the outdoor rink

4. Mission D3c Broke down in 6 months

5. Mission D3 Used for one tournament and half a rec season, dented chassis, but my friend still uses them.

6. Mission HE550 Horrible. My warranty pair for the D3c's but I completely creased the boot in less than a month. Should have sold them.

7. Mission D1c Awesome skate, but I later discovered that Hockeygiant sent me one wide skate and one normal width skate! Now my feet are messed up! But I ended up breaking them, so I got 7500's that I sold on eBay.

7.1. I didn't really wear the 7500s, but they were solid, but pretty heavy.

8. Mission HE950 Amazingly light skate, great for about 6 months, but then they broke down. I finally destroyed the boot, and got a pair of 9500's from warranty that I sold on eBay.

8.1. I didn't really wear the 9500s either, but they were stiff just as I like them, and light to boot. Too bad I needed money and already had 2 pairs of skates.

9. Bauer 30-90 My best pair so far. Still on them. Light, but solid in fit. Took a while to adjust from the Missions, but it was well worth it.

10. Bauer XI with Hum'er Great skates, trying to get into hte Hum'er frame. Haven't taken them to tournament yet, but they feel awesome.

I'm pretty satisfied with my Bauers right now, but I'd like to get back into Mission. The 10000s will be my starting point as soon as they go on sale. I saw them at my LHS for 450, but that's still too much for me.

nike, like federov's but black; too big, comfortable though

mission Proto V's; 8? years

just ordered ccm pf10's

Great post, some legendary skates mentioned above. Much respect to anyone who battled trough the plastic boots era!

1. TOYS R US specials (multicoloured wheels)

2. CCM RH52 used for about a year and a half outdoors, ripped the chassis clean off the boot.

3. Bauer Pro Comp, Awesome boot lasted 3-4 years till I got rubs they still work I take them out once in a while and talk about "back in the day"

3.5 Bauer H2 outdoors, lasted a while, poo boot

4. Mission Proto VS 98 I think. Lasted 3 months, all the eyelets tore

5. Replacement Proto VS 98 Lasted a further 3 months all the eyelets tore

6. Replacement Proto VS (Butchered)

7. Bauer 7000 with Proto vs chassis hehehe. My favourite setup, used these for 3 years till the boot died

8. Bauer 7000 with same chassis. I was so pleased with this setup I bought another boot and used them for another 2 years

8.5 Outdoor boot Mission VSI vibe. Fell apart on the beach 3 days after purchase bloody vibe chassis. Still a good boot if the chassis is changed. The skates were vandalised and coloured in red???

9. Nike Quest 1, never got on with this skate at all.

10. Bauer Xi with Redstar chassis from Quest 1. 6 months, didn't like the setup

11. Back to skate number 8 after skating them outdoors fell in love with them again.

Next?? Tour Code E2 these look the bollocks

I started playing outdoor/blacktop hockey in the early 90's with Bauer F-2 molded plastic fitness skates.

Reidell 271 (I think) with Sure-grip H-200 chassis- they hurt my feet like crazy and after one summer I gave them to a buddy who loved them.

CCM 755 Kevlar Tacks w/Sure-grip H-400 chassis-love these skates and still have them. They are beat up but have lasted years.

Bauer H-9 Pro w/Labeda MVP Pro Hi/Lo chassis-these skates always hurt my arch.

CCM 655 Super Tacks w/Sure-Grip H-405 chassis-nice skates.

CCM 552 Super Tacks w/ Red Star E-Frame chassis- these are my favarite skates to date. I converted them over from Ice to roller myself by using flat head #8 bolts and brass nuts.

I have also considered converting either my CCM Edge 4.3 or my CCM Edge 4.5 ice hockey skates over to roller with a Sprung of Red Star frame. I dont play as often as I used to so its hard to justify spending big money on new skates, thats why I have gone with converting some skates/chassis I already have.

Rick Henry

1. Some old Bauer Rec skates

2. Nike Shadows...good skate, grew out of though

3. Nike Roller daddy...awesome skate though brakes down to fast, current.

4. In the works Wicked 5s or converted eastons :D

Started out like most of us

1. Fantasic plastics

2. Tour 550's. played on roll on and I ruined the side of them doing suicides

3. Mission Proto VI's. Loved those skates but had to move on,

4. Pro Stock Flyweights with the chassis off the VI. One word STIFF but they are tanks

5. Pure Flys with E-Frames, favorite skates to this date. Light great forward flex

6. HE7500's used them 3 times and the chassis was rubbing the wheels still waiting on the warrantied pair.

7. Since I converted the pure flys back to ice I am using the flyweights again untill I get my 7500's back.

I wish I never took the chassis off my pure flys and mounted that tuuk runner. Now that skate has so many holes in it its not worth fixing.

Tour 274

Bauer H5 with nylon frame

Bauer Pro Comp/ H305

Daoust 555(?)/ Final Factor

Tour 8000/ Final Factor

Mission RMX

Nexed Core

Nexed Stinger

Tour Fishbone

Tour 902

Mission Proto VS

Mission D2

Mission D3

Nexed Stinger

Tour Beemer

Mission 5500

Mission 10K

my personal fave was the Tour 8000/ Final Factor, and this is just the hockey skates I owned, did both speed and aggressive skating as well as rockin quads for a while when I worked for the local rink, so I was skate poor for a while

7. Mission VSX

were those the ones with the 2 thin white stripes on the side? I know the mod series had the thick stripes but if I remember correctly the VSX had two thin stripes? If so I used to want some of those so bad but I could never find some in my size.

Mission Vi's

Bauer (forget the model)

Mission D1C

Tour Code

Tour Code 1 with Sprung frames (COMING SOON!)