Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleT96

Your present and past inline skates

Ok, here goes! It all started with

-California Pro's

-Bauer XE

-Rollerblade Zetrablades

-Rollerblade Lightning

-Bauer 1000 ice skate converted with sure grip frames (402?)

-CCM 552? with the same sure grip frame

-Easton F5 (Big Wheel)

-Mission mod2 (Awesome skate, with the two Adidas style stripes)

-Mission VSI

-Mission Wicked lites

-Mission VSI with vibes

-Mission RPM with vibe2

-Mission RPM again

-Nike quest 2 (hated the rocker, so went back to RPM's)

-Easton Air SBX with Mission generator chassis

-Easton 04 Z-air with Volcanix's chassis

-Tour Blue max

-Mission 10k (early sample pair)

-Mission 10k retail version (The best skate ever) :D

1.california pros (loved them at the time)

2.some gear skates,cant quite remember the model,really wide boot

3.bauer 150s(outdoor only)

4.mission rl (performed pretty good for a low end skate)

5.mission d1c (loved them,broke the boot and the chassis)

6.some lower end tour skates for outdoor(really really heavy but they last ages)

7.nike shadow 2004 version (now using)

looking for new skates,either some mission quatro 7500 or i will convert some ice skates

Quite amazed about the number of people that have played in Rollerblade Lightnings, I feel we have some kinda weird bond lol. B)

Duckjob: Vector Pro's with sensor's mmm I would have liked those :D

Littletipsy: I know a Rbk Rep, I also know that they look better in person than on the website and can give lacebite (sometimes) :blink:

1. A pair of crappy wal-mart brand fitness blades

2. Old school Bauer.. looks like the supreme line, with a plastic tuuk chassis.

3. Bauer Biax skates

4. Bauer Vaper.. I don't remember the number, but it's got the green hilo aluminum chassis

5. Mission type M's

6. Mission D1's

7. Bauer Vapor XX's with the Hummer chassis mounted

8. Nike HiHo silver's with the Hummer chassis mounted

The Nike HiHo silvers are by far the best skates I've owned. Super comfy boot, and the Hummer chassis is just awesome. Second would be the Mission Type M's, I actually kinda like the Vibe chassis.

Did the Rollerblade Lightnings = the blue plastic boot, red wheels and heavy metal chassis with wierd rubber back stopper....that was the first pair of roller blades i owned back in like '91...heaveist things ever

..also, Justin I belive you said you had some Mod2's; do you know if the angle of boot changed after the Mod4 series was discontinued? It just seemed like '99 VSI's placed me in a different skating stance (in a more forward position) than my Mod4's did...just curious

This thread takes me back.. we won't talk about the plastic skates because there's no way I could remember what I had.

1. Brett Hull Ultra Wheels.. I see a lot of other people had these bad boys too.

2. Daoust with the blue labeda chassis with the triangle bolts (had the holes in the side to pump in the foam for the custom fit, went through two pairs of these, my feet grew)

3. Bauer H-9s (skates for outdoor hockey)

4. Nike Air Excel Elites (lasted for 4 or 5 years)

5. Mission VSi with the vibe chassis.. I hate that freaking chassis.

6. Mission Black Fly ice boots (mounted the vibe chassis to it after the VSi boot went south)

7. Mission D1s.. great until they fell apart.

8. Mission D1cs.. warrenty replacements for the D1s, also great until they fell apart and the chassis caved in.

9. Mission 7500s.. warrenty replacements for the D1cs, we'll find out this week when I skate on them for the first time. I've got high hopes.

I will say this about Mission, although both pairs of D1s I had broke, they were great great skates until it happened. Also, their customer service is second to none. The fact that they took back my D1s without an actual receipt (I showed other proof of purchase) and then took back my D1cs and replaced them even though I didn't have a receipt shows that they really stand behind their products. It's also why I wear mission products completely from the waist down (pants, girdle, shin guards and skates).. too tough for me to give up the Vapor gloves and sticks although I am wanting to try the Hex-1.

1) rollerblade lightnings(had 2-3 pairs of these)

2) rollerblade snipers

3) mission proto v

4) mission vsi

5) bauer 5000 with suregrip 405

6) mission vsx

7) bauer 5000 with labeda mvp

8) bauer vapor 8 with labeda sensor back when they FIRST came out

9) tour 962

10) tour 982

11) nike quest 1

12) mission d1

13) mission he950

about to have hummers mounted on my d1s to use outside/screwin' around inside

quest 1s were probably my favorite overall, but broke down really quick.

Did the Rollerblade Lightnings = the blue plastic boot, red wheels and heavy metal chassis with wierd rubber back stopper....that was the first pair of roller blades i owned back in like '91...heaveist things ever

those were normally Zetrablades I believe..2nd or 3rd generation of them..Lightning had a plastic frame..might have been an original Blade Runner before it became a price point line..

ermm lets think back

iv had

some form of black plastic bauer rec skates (v2 model or something springs to mind)

Mission Proto VI(the black and white ones with a gold chassis, my first ever hockey skates and i loved them to pieces till the eyelets broke)

I think next i had Tour 950s i think(the ones with the green chassis great skates but too wide for my feet)

After that the bottom of the line CCM externo model...rubbish skates lasted me less then 2 months but i had no money

Next Mission RMx i think with the Vibe. Again lasted like 2 months till the outsole totally cracked and disconnected

Mission D2s Replacement for the above, i hated them felt like a had no stiffness in the boot and i hated them

Next i had sum form of prototype mission D1 i think(they had the same design as D1 but said type M on the side, with a Penetrator chassis). these were well nice and free(some girl on Team Usa swapped them with me but then the outsole separated too.

After that Bauer 3000 boot mounted on the D2 chassis. nice skates but too heavy.

Nike Quest 1 Rockers, nice skates but i wasnt too keen on the rocker after a while

Finally CCM Pf8s these are really comfortable and good skates but the eyelets have ripped out after 6months so now i need more skates

I think the fit of the missions makes those my favorite skates out of lot, especially the proto Vi and and D1 type skate although iv had a few too many durability issues.

Next skates hmmm i dunno.......would love to try me a pair of those pink missions tho.....well i can dream! it would be worth any amount of dollar to see the faces of the guys i play wit!!!

1) Bauer ZT7

2) Bauer 2000 boots mounted on Bauer TUUK 7000 frames

3) Bauer RH5000's with TUUK Shifter II Hi/Lo frame

3) Tour Blue Max

Liked the ZT7's a lot comfort-wise, but soon discovered that plastic frames flex on turns! (it was back in the early 90's, what did I know? ;) )

The 2000's felt great, as they were a pair of converted ice hockey skates I'd been using. Unfortunately I couldn't get anything bigger than a 72mm wheel on the frames.

The 5000's were from the Nike-era of Bauer and unfortunately what was a D width previously had narrowed somewhat. My feet felt like they were in a vise grip! Even had the boots stretched at a skate shop but it didn't help. Sold them to a guy in North Carolina on eBay.

Have only been on my Tours a couple times but so far so good! A bit of a change going from a Hi/Lo setup back to one where the wheels are the same height but I do like these skates and hope to have them a while.

Moose I gotta be that guy in NC you sold them too..LOL I love the 5000's they are great skates...I currently use Mission 7500's with a Red Star Alloy mounted on them and use the 5000's as back ups but they were well worth the price....If moose has equipment for sell he is a great guy to deal with...Take care....

1) Some no-name, cheap hockey boot with an even cheaper, white plastic holder from Kmart.

2) Rollerblade Snipers (I thought they were pretty sweet at the time)

3) Bauers with plastic chassis and a brake. I don't remember the model, but they looked like a classic bauer boot (no funky colors).

4)Nike Air Accel Elites? I'm not 100% sure on what model they were. They were all white with a hint of turquiose or teal, I think. This was my first skates without plastic holders.

5)V-Form Fluids. I was young and impressionable...I saw all the PBH players with them and had to have them. They weighed a ton and hurt my feet like none other.

6)CCM Externo Cage. I had to get a half size bigger because they were so narrow, and they broke down prematurely.

7)Nike Roller Daddy. I currently use these and think they work great for my casual play. These skates are probably the only ones I've ever had that fit me right too!

edit: I forgot my #3

1. Rollerblade - don't know the model. Plastic ones bought from a department store in 1990.

2. Brett Hull Ultra Wheels

3. some horrible plastic recreational blades - don't remember the name, but I remember the blisters.

4. Bauer H3 - with the plastic chassis

5. Bauer RH5000 - aluminum chassis

6. Bauer Vapor 6 - aluminum Rocker Chassis (still have these for outdoor use). I like the rocker, but I find the boot/chassis combo pretty heavy overall.

7. Nike Quest 1 - composite Rocker Chassis.

The Quest 1's are probably my favourite skates out of the ones I've used which says a lot for them since they don't really fit properly. I really liked the rocker chassis when using the Vapor 6, but I thought the Vapor 6's were a tad on the heavy size so I picked up the Quest 1's as they were the last retail state to come with the rocker (as far as I know). By the time I got them I couldn't find any in an E width and the D width Quest skates are pretty narrow. I should really have about a 10 E. I tried on a 10D, but they were far too tight for me due to the width. I can fit into the 10 1/2 D's I have, but they're a bit too long for me. I also made a sizing mistake with the Vapor 6s...they're 9.5 D's when I should've really went for a 9E. The next time I buy rollerhockey skates I'm definitely going to make sure I buy the right size. I may give the Reebok pumps a look as I liked my old CCM pump ice hockey skates, but the Quest 1's and Vapor 6's will get me buy until I find the right skate at the right price. When I do I'll try the chassis it comes with, but will probably end up having the rocker chassis mounted on the new skate.

Moose I gotta be that guy in NC you sold them too..LOL I love the 5000's they are great skates...I currently use  Mission 7500's with a Red Star Alloy mounted on them and use the 5000's as back ups but they were well worth the price....If moose has equipment for sell he is a great guy to deal with...Take care....

If you bought them from a seller in Washington State, that would probably be me! Glad they're working out for you. I enjoyed the transaction, they ALL should go that smooth.

I seem to go through less equipment than a lot of people here.

1Spent years and years on Rollerblade Lightnings. Not good for hockey but they were indestructable.

2. converted bauer 1000s. with a kuzak frame. never really fit and still skated in them for 4 years.

3. CCM rh 970s. both tendon guards just broke after 7 yrs. with the exception of always haveing a blister on my heel they were great skates.

4. First game tomorrow night will be with Misson 9500s. hope they last as long. all i have been able to do so far is skate around the house for a couple of hours. So far So Good.

(two pair Y11 and y12 mission skates for my boys)

1. Rollerblade - don't know the model. Plastic ones bought from a department store in 1990.

2. Brett Hull Ultra Wheels

3. some horrible plastic recreational blades - don't remember the name, but I remember the blisters.

4. Bauer H3 - with the plastic chassis

5. Bauer RH5000 - aluminum chassis

6. Bauer Vapor 6 - aluminum Rocker Chassis (still have these for outdoor use). I like the rocker, but I find the boot/chassis combo pretty heavy overall.

7. Nike Quest 1 - composite Rocker Chassis.

The Quest 1's are probably my favourite skates out of the ones I've used which says a lot for them since they don't really fit properly. I really liked the rocker chassis when using the Vapor 6, but I thought the Vapor 6's were a tad on the heavy size so I picked up the Quest 1's as they were the last retail state to come with the rocker (as far as I know). By the time I got them I couldn't find any in an E width and the D width Quest skates are pretty narrow. I should really have about a 10 E. I tried on a 10D, but they were far too tight for me due to the width. I can fit into the 10 1/2 D's I have, but they're a bit too long for me. I also made a sizing mistake with the Vapor 6s...they're 9.5 D's when I should've really went for a 9E. The next time I buy rollerhockey skates I'm definitely going to make sure I buy the right size. I may give the Reebok pumps a look as I liked my old CCM pump ice hockey skates, but the Quest 1's and Vapor 6's will get me buy until I find the right skate at the right price. When I do I'll try the chassis it comes with, but will probably end up having the rocker chassis mounted on the new skate.

When you guys played street-hockey, did you guys have a shootout for captains/who picks first....If I had the RBK's, i would definitely pump my skates before starting off for the shot. Think they would give a penalty if you pulled the "Dee Brown" before a shootout in league play???

best skates... mission Proto VSI Team 2001.. solid boot, solid chassis, still have it in my storage bin at home...

worst skates... mission proto vsi team 2001.. the threads on those damn blue axles kept stripping....

forgot to mention that the LHS here reallysucks big time. They told me that they would replace the axles every time i had a problem with it... but that lasted for like a few months...

I'm not sure what to do with the skates now... cant get replacement axles here

Wow great thread.

First - Rollerblade Lightning

2 - Rollerblade - Snipers

3 - Bauer RH5000

4 - VFORM - lasted one skate, gave them away

5 - Easton F5 with Big Wheel Chassis (2 pairs)

6 - Bauer Vapor 10 with Aluminum Rocker

7 - Mission D1's Lasted half a season, didn't care for the fit, or the Hi-Lo

8 - Bauer Vapor 10 Composite Rockers

and Finally

9 - Bauer 8090 with Composite Rocker, mini bearings, and Blue Flame wheels - talk about light :)

Itching to try out those Code 1's

Chris

I seem to go through less equipment than a lot of people here.

1Spent years and years on Rollerblade Lightnings. Not good for hockey but they were indestructable.

2. converted bauer 1000s. with a kuzak frame. never really fit and still skated in them for 4 years.

3. CCM rh 970s. both tendon guards just broke after 7 yrs. with the exception of always haveing a blister on my heel they were great skates.

4. First game tomorrow night will be with Misson 9500s. hope they last as long. all i have been able to do so far is skate around the house for a couple of hours. So far So Good.

(two pair Y11 and y12 mission skates for my boys)

7 years on a pair of skates is awesome! I bet a lot of people on this board would love a pair of skates that lasted 7 months.

well last night was a great skate on the new 9500s.

much more comfortable. I hope that they last half as long as the ccms.

off the subject but has anyone seen anything on Oakley coming out with new gloves or was it just a one run thing to see how it goes. If you have not tried them there awsome

Oh boy, hope I can remember all of them...

1. Mission RMx w/ vibe II (fell apart)

2. Mission RX's (sold)

3. Mission R's (replaced original chassis w/ penetrator chassis) (sold)

4. Mission Proto Vi's (sold)

5. Mission D-Limiteds (sold)

6. Mission Proto VR's (bought used - re-sold)

7. Mission Proto VS's (still have - great skates!!)

8. Mission Type M's (bought used - re-sold)

9. Mission D2c's (replaced original chassis / generator, then red star) (still have)

10. Mission D1c's (still have)

Somewhere in there I had a pair of Tour G80's, but they killed my feet, so they got sent back quickly.

I'm thinking about some 7500's or 3500's (most likely), but would have to get rid of another pair of skates, and I'm liking all the ones I have now.

I think my fav's this week are the D2c's.