Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaucoup_fish

The Sens

Bryan Murray's head has gotten huge...

Apparently, Bryan Murray thinks that his team was "over-trying," against the 'Canes...you can interpret it however you want, but to me, it sounds like a big-headed jackass. Don't let it go to your head...anymore than it already has, Murray.

Personally, I'm glad to see them finally get beat again. Shame it wasn't a more convincing a win (the Sens outshot the 'Canes by a 2:1 margin). I think the Sens could stand to lose a few more, bring 'em back to earth...

As they say in the NFL, "On any given Sunday any team can be beat." Its a long way to June. There are 29 other teams just waiting to knock the Sens off on any given night. The Sens may be in for some big surprises if they do get to the Cup Final. Without much East-West games this season, they will be in for a big shock if Vancouver or Calgary are waiting for them in the Final. The Western boys play it fast and tough. That could be a surprise for the Sens. The Flames have unbelievable grit(3rd period Monday night with 24 shots and a Jarome 3 point period including the game winner- this guy is All-World), great speed(Chuck Kobasew has speed to burn), rough-tough D men and Kipper in nets. They also have Cup Final seven games experience. The Canucks have just as much to offer. The first line can do it all(Bert had his breakout game with the trick), the Sedins are getting better and better every game(which one burned 2 Wings on the rush Sunday?), Jovo leads the blueliners and Cloutier just has to put it all together every night. I may be wrong by the end of June but I think the Cup winners are definitely coming from the West this year.

And for all you Sens fans, don't ever forget your buddies- Pat Quinn's Leafs. Sundin is back and the power play is on fire.

The Sens better snug up their helmets before their heads don't fit in them anymore.

Since when is everyone on this board a hockey analyst ? First of that Carolina win was b/s just like the first time they beat the Sens. The refs were horrible. Havlat was taken down on a partial breakaway and no penalty shot, if I am correct they awarded penalty shots for the stupidest things this year. The first goal Carolina scored was thanks to a high stick, go watch the replay everyone. Another thing Ottawa had an off game, every shot they took missed the net or just didn't seem right. Just like coach said they were OVERTRYING. And so what if the Sens are cocky, thats what Muckler wants, he talked about a "cocky confidence" the Sens should have, which is to have respect for your opponents but not fear them. Lets not forget it could of been 2 -0 in the first when Spezza hit the post and Heatly got plain out ROBBED. Its sad that Carolina who cought the Sens on a off night only beat them 2-1 and still got outplayed. Yeah I know the Sens lost and thats what it comes down to, but its not like we were dominated not even close. Get my point ?

And another thing. The Leafs well if Mcabe does not score the Leafs suck. They have been winning thanks to their special teams (which are pretty much Mcabe), but thats not to say they have Belfour to thank for 70 % of their wins. In my opinion the Leafs are a very lucky team, the way they tied of and won the MTL game was just too funny.

And West teams ? Come on give me a break. Calgary is a two man team. If you shut down Iginla there is only Kipper left. The Flames are good, but I don't think they are what everyone believes they are, they way they have been winning games is not very impressive. And Vancouver ? Well everyone is making a big deal out of that Bertuzzi hat trick, good for him, but I would not consider that his break out game. Lets face it Bert is a big boy and hes good prolly the best hands in the league for a big man, but hes not very fast and in this new NHL speed kills. And JOVO ? man he must be one of the most overated defenceman in the league. Is it just me or the guy f**ks up about 20 times a game before he does something good.

Aiight those are my two cents.

Since when is everyone on this board a hockey analyst ?

I think always.

Plus, I think you can interpret "overtrying" other ways (as was suggested). I have heard people use the term "pressing" to mean that someone was trying to do too much with the opportunities and should have just played smarter. I hear this most in reference to baseball, but that might be what Murray meant.

Since when is everyone on this board a hockey analyst ? First of that Carolina win was b/s just like the first time they beat the Sens. The refs were horrible. Havlat was taken down on a partial breakaway and no penalty shot, if I am correct they awarded penalty shots for the stupidest things this year. The first goal Carolina scored was thanks to a high stick, go watch the replay everyone. Another thing Ottawa had an off game, every shot they took missed the net or just didn't seem right. Just like coach said they were OVERTRYING. And so what if the Sens are cocky, thats what Muckler wants, he talked about a "cocky confidence" the Sens should have, which is to have respect for your opponents but not fear them. Lets not forget it could of been 2 -0 in the first when Spezza hit the post and Heatly got plain out ROBBED. Its sad that Carolina who cought the Sens on a off night only beat them 2-1 and still got outplayed. Yeah I know the Sens lost and thats what it comes down to, but its not like we were dominated not even close. Get my point ?

And another thing. The Leafs well if Mcabe does not score the Leafs suck. They have been winning thanks to their special teams (which are pretty much Mcabe), but thats not to say they have Belfour to thank for 70 % of their wins. In my opinion the Leafs are a very lucky team, the way they tied of and won the MTL game was just too funny.

And West teams ? Come on give me a break. Calgary is a two man team. If you shut down Iginla there is only Kipper left. The Flames are good, but I don't think they are what everyone believes they are, they way they have been winning games is not very impressive. And Vancouver ? Well everyone is making a big deal out of that Bertuzzi hat trick, good for him, but I would not consider that his break out game. Lets face it Bert is a big boy and hes good prolly the best hands in the league for a big man, but hes not very fast and in this new NHL speed kills. And JOVO ? man he must be one of the most overated defenceman in the league. Is it just me or the guy f**ks up about 20 times a game before he does something good.

Since when did YOU become a hockey analyst?

I completely agree with you - the Sens were NOT AT ALL dominated - except by Gerber. If Heatley gets ROBBED, that's props to the Goalie. But please, stop bitching about the high stick that wasn't or the refs...shit happens, and I'm sure tons of calls and breaks go Ottawa's way on any given night. Jeezus, Ottawa fans, quityerbitchin'. Take a loss like an adult, not Sean Avery.

I don't think you can argue about the Sen's dominance coming against some weak teams either...their schedule hasn't been exactly difficult, and they've really only dominated teams that have been playing like ass all year...TB, Boston, the SABRES, and Toronto that one ugly night...friggin' Washington is beating TB these days.

Regarding Murray's comments: if "overtrying," is construed as I assume, that is NOT respect. That's just plain cockiness or rather, disrespect.

Calgary may be a two man team, but I don't see the Sens getting carried to the cup finals by their captain and massive supporting cast...let's see Alfredsson guarantee a cup win (i believe this addresses the "so what if they're cocky?" view) again and deliver...

And shame on the 'Canes for getting the Sens on an off-night...twice...Philly too...did the Leafs just happen to catch them on four offnights per year when it mattered, over the last several years? Having clearly superior talent in practically all aspects of the game and getting your ass handed to you year after year in the playoffs...Now that is just too funny. But then, I guess the refs were just out to get the Sens...

By the way, I think most people will agree, Bert has good wheels for a big guy...

Since when is everyone on this board a hockey analyst ? First of that Carolina win was b/s just like the first time they beat the Sens. The refs were horrible. Havlat was taken down on a partial breakaway and no penalty shot, if I am correct they awarded penalty shots for the stupidest things this year. The first goal Carolina scored was thanks to a high stick, go watch the replay everyone. Another thing Ottawa had an off game, every shot they took missed the net or just didn't seem right. Just like coach said they were OVERTRYING. And so what if the Sens are cocky, thats what Muckler wants, he talked about a "cocky confidence" the Sens should have, which is to have respect for your opponents but not fear them.  Lets not forget it could of been 2 -0 in the first when Spezza hit the post and Heatly got plain out ROBBED. Its sad that Carolina who cought the Sens on a off night only beat them 2-1 and still got outplayed. Yeah I know the Sens lost and thats what it comes down to, but its not like we were dominated not even close. Get my point ?

I completely agree with you - the Sens were NOT AT ALL dominated - except by Gerber. If Heatley gets ROBBED, that's props to the Goalie. But please, stop bitching about the high stick that wasn't or the refs...shit happens, and I'm sure tons of calls and breaks go Ottawa's way on any given night. Jeezus, Ottawa fans, quityerbitchin'. Take a loss like an adult, not Sean Avery.

I don't think you can argue about the Sen's dominance coming against some weak teams either...their schedule hasn't been exactly difficult, and they've really only dominated teams that have been playing like ass all year...TB, Boston, the SABRES, and Toronto that one ugly night...friggin' Washington is beating TB these days.

Regarding Murray's comments: if "overtrying," is construed as I assume, that is NOT respect. That's just plain cockiness or rather, disrespect.

Calgary may be a two man team, but I don't see the Sens getting carried to the cup finals by their captain and massive supporting cast...let's see Alfredsson guarantee a cup win (i believe this addresses the "so what if they're cocky?" view) again and deliver...

And shame on the 'Canes for getting the Sens on an off-night...twice...Philly too...did the Leafs just happen to catch them on four offnights per year when it mattered, over the last several years? Having clearly superior talent in practically all aspects of the game and getting your ass handed to you year after year in the playoffs...Now that is just too funny. But then, I guess the refs were just out to get the Sens...

By the way, I think most people will agree, Bert has good wheels for a big guy...

First of all the only time we had out asses handled in the playoffs was when we got swept by the leafs. All other years they have been very good series and I am pretty sure all leaf and sens fans will agree when ottawa and toronto play in the playoffs its some of the best hockey (except last time when ottawa dominated toronto and eddy stole the series pretty much) but its still fun hockey.

And well yeah Ottawa catches breaks from the refs, but this was obvious missed call. There is a difference when you miss a hook in the corner when the ref does not see the guy and when there is a high stick right in front of him. And no one in ottawa is bitchin, just discussin the game.

And bud did you watch the two Carolina games ? Philly beat us no one is saying anything about that, but ask anyone who knows a thing or two about hockey that Ottawa should of won both of those games vs Carolina.

And seriously Calgary made it to the finals last time, so what ? Ottawa was one goal away from them. And where was Anaheim when they went to the finals the year after ?

You forget that Calgary lost a lot of their role players from the playoffs such on Conroy or Commadore.

And I don't know if you haven't noticed but Toronto does not have Roberts and Newie anymore along with Leetch, Mogilny etc. Toronto is not the same and if I am correct Ottawa is 3-0 vs Toronto this year, I think the tables have turned slightly with the new rules where the game is less grab and hit and more speed and score (which Toronto does not have much of). Yeah you can say those games don't matter, but trust me those guys play as hard in them as they would in the playoffs.

Since when is everyone on this board a hockey analyst ? First of that Carolina win was b/s just like the first time they beat the Sens. The refs were horrible. Havlat was taken down on a partial breakaway and no penalty shot, if I am correct they awarded penalty shots for the stupidest things this year. The first goal Carolina scored was thanks to a high stick, go watch the replay everyone. Another thing Ottawa had an off game, every shot they took missed the net or just didn't seem right. Just like coach said they were OVERTRYING. And so what if the Sens are cocky, thats what Muckler wants, he talked about a "cocky confidence" the Sens should have, which is to have respect for your opponents but not fear them.  Lets not forget it could of been 2 -0 in the first when Spezza hit the post and Heatly got plain out ROBBED. Its sad that Carolina who cought the Sens on a off night only beat them 2-1 and still got outplayed. Yeah I know the Sens lost and thats what it comes down to, but its not like we were dominated not even close. Get my point ?

First of all the only time we had out asses handled in the playoffs was when we got swept by the leafs. All other years they have been very good series and I am pretty sure all leaf and sens fans will agree when ottawa and toronto play in the playoffs its some of the best hockey (except last time when ottawa dominated toronto and eddy stole the series pretty much) but its still fun hockey.

And well yeah Ottawa catches breaks from the refs, but this was obvious missed call. There is a difference when you miss a hook in the corner when the ref does not see the guy and when there is a high stick right in front of him. And no one in ottawa is bitchin, just discussin the game.

And bud did you watch the two Carolina games ? Philly beat us no one is saying anything about that, but ask anyone who knows a thing or two about hockey that Ottawa should of won both of those games vs Carolina.

And seriously Calgary made it to the finals last time, so what ? Ottawa was one goal away from them. And where was Anaheim when they went to the finals the year after ?

You forget that Calgary lost a lot of their role players from the playoffs such on Conroy or Commadore.

And I don't know if you haven't noticed but Toronto does not have Roberts and Newie anymore along with Leetch, Mogilny etc. Toronto is not the same and if I am correct Ottawa is 3-0 vs Toronto this year, I think the tables have turned slightly with the new rules where the game is less grab and hit and more speed and score (which Toronto does not have much of). Yeah you can say those games don't matter, but trust me those guys play as hard in them as they would in the playoffs.

Like I said before, in case you didn't see or read: I agree with you - the Sens were NOT dominated, except by Gerber. By all accounts, if you outshoot your opponent 2:1, you deserve to win most likely, but goalies steal games sometimes. Get over it.

Yes, missed calls happen, even blatantly obvious ones...maybe we should negate the Stars' cup from '99, and have them re-play the Sabres...

I also wonder, as I've posted in another thread, does the same fate that met Anaheim and Carolina after their Cinderella runs have it's sights set on the Flames? I don't know, and yes, they only made it for one year, but at least they got there when no one expected them to. Yes, they lost some role players, but they got better in the process. Commodore out, Phaneuf is a big upgrade - and the boy has character in spades. Conroy is gone and that hurts too, but I don't think he'll be carrying the Kings to the finals anytime soon.

By all accounts, the Sens probably should've won the last three cups and been billed a dynasty by now, but they haven't delivered when expected. In that regard, I think the Flames deserve more respect than the Senators do.

Toronto sucks ass this year, I won't disgaree with you. You can be sure I was one of the first and many calling for Ferguson's head during the pre-season. But with regards to regular season series, I think each time the leafs beat the sens in the spring, the they either split or got whupped in the season series...so no, they don't matter...

Calgary did not just "make it to the Finals." They might have won in six games if we get another look at Martin Gelina's goal/no goal. I guess you might have forgotten about that. The Flames current win streak is also proof of a team on a mission. Throw in any Sutter as your coach and you have a team with strategies, game plans, and commitment. A "two player team?" Lets look at Flames blueline: Regeher, Leopold, Hamrlik, Warrener, Ferrence, and Phaneuf. Sens blueline: Chara, Redden, Phillips, Volchenkov, Pothier, Meszaros. There is a difference in 4,5,6 d-man Flames/Sens. Mix them up anyway you want. Flames D is stronger in numbers than Sens. Forwards: advantage Sens, no question. Goal? Hasek is one groin pull away from major down time. Hasek is 40 years old, no matter what. He will not get younger or stronger as the season wears on. I hope he is ready for April, May, and June going to war for 12 weeks straight. Kipper has already done it. Calgary lost a few players but they didn't rebuild, they reloaded. They also play in the TOUGHEST TEAM FOR TEAM division in the NHL. This will get each of those teams battle ready when the playoffs start.

The bottom line is that its a long season. Whether you are pulling for the Sens, Flames, whoever, there is a long, long way to go.

BTW, I am a hockey analyst. I just don't get paid for it.

Coup's a Sens fan. Few things to say

Murray's been running up the score all year, I believe on purpose. Send a message that his team is THAT good, send it to the league, but moreso the players. They've underchaieved for years (when your that talented, you win cups), and he's trying to right the ship. This is what happens, but the problem is very easily fixable and will be fixed.

East vs. West - Ottawa's D is the best in the NHL. They have some questions at 6, but 1-5 is extremely solid. Meszaros and Volchenkov are great. Anyteam can win the cup, but on average, the East's top end is higher than the West's, by a fair margin as well. I'd put Ott, Philly ahead of anyone in the league right now, and I fully expect TB to be there as well.

Leafs- How the hell did they get dragged into this? Blown-out once, but they forced Ottawa to a Shoot out twice, and got the better chances late in Ottawa and had a 1 goal lead going into the last period. The 3 Montreal games? 1 MTL victory, where Belak and Berg were on for all the goals. We like to refer to that as the "Pat Quinn factor" it has been righted. A good game in MTL, and then another win. Lucky goal last game, but I'd also say it's pretty lucky for MTL to start the game with 4 straight PP's, especially when most were marginal and Hab peanlties were looked off. After Toronto gets a lead, all of sudden MTL gets more PP's until they tied it up again. Late in the game a few Leafs are HAULED down with no calls, the referee did not make a call against Montreal in the 3rd period. Shooting the puck out is automatic and too many men is a linesman's call. Some would call the constant MTL Powerplays when the game was tied or they were ahead "lucky," but we'll look the other way. Belfour stole that game anyways.........except for those 3 weak goals. We won't tell anyone about those though. They are also younger, and except for Allison, faster than last season played. Despite how quick Roberts moves those legs, he doesn't move quick. Leetch was great, but only played 15-20 games. Give me Lindros anyday of the week. That said, I don't think they are a great team, barely a playoff team, but I get really sick of the pointless bashing. It's an obsession with Sens fans to bash the Leafs. I wonder if they had any "we suck" chants throughout the stands against Carolina, because the Corel Center was full of Leafs' suck chants when they beat us..... despite being in another country.

Back onto topic, Carolina is suprisingly good, Goaltenders are still part of the team, and you can't win every game. Ottawa will bounce back, on a team as talented as Ottawa, there will be "individual" games and they may win a share of them as well.

Murray's been running up the score all year, I believe on purpose. Send a message that his team is THAT good, send it to the league, but moreso the players. They've underchaieved for years (when your that talented, you win cups), and he's trying to right the ship. This is what happens, but the problem is very easily fixable and will be fixed.

You can't sit on a lead. You have to keep going for it in the "new" NHL.

Calgary did not just "make it to the Finals." They might have won in six games if we get another look at Martin Gelina's goal/no goal. I guess you might have forgotten about that. The Flames current win streak is also proof of a team on a mission. Throw in any Sutter as your coach and you have a team with strategies, game plans, and commitment. A "two player team?" Lets look at Flames blueline: Regeher, Leopold, Hamrlik, Warrener, Ferrence, and Phaneuf. Sens blueline: Chara, Redden, Phillips, Volchenkov, Pothier, Meszaros. There is a difference in 4,5,6 d-man Flames/Sens. Mix them up anyway you want. Flames D is stronger in numbers than Sens. Forwards: advantage Sens, no question. Goal? Hasek is one groin pull away from major down time. Hasek is 40 years old, no matter what. He will not get younger or stronger as the season wears on. I hope he is ready for April, May, and June going to war for 12 weeks straight. Kipper has already done it. Calgary lost a few players but they didn't rebuild, they reloaded. They also play in the TOUGHEST TEAM FOR TEAM division in the NHL. This will get each of those teams battle ready when the playoffs start.

The bottom line is that its a long season. Whether you are pulling for the Sens, Flames, whoever, there is a long, long way to go.

BTW, I am a hockey analyst. I just don't get paid for it.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. However, I do feel that the Sens are solid on D, at the very least 1 thru 4, and Volchenkov is solid.

J - I'm more of a hockey fan than a Leafs fan, but i will cheer for them if I don't have any players on the opposing team in the pool :P. But generally, I would like to see all Canadian teams doing well...

Coup's a Sens fan. Few things to say

East vs. West - Ottawa's D is the best in the NHL. They have some questions at 6, but 1-5 is extremely solid. Meszaros and Volchenkov are great. Anyteam can win the cup, but on average, the East's top end is higher than the West's, by a fair margin as well. I'd put Ott, Philly ahead of anyone in the league right now, and I fully expect TB to be there as well.

Leafs- How the hell did they get dragged into this? Blown-out once, but they forced Ottawa to a Shoot out twice, and got the better chances late in Ottawa and had a 1 goal lead going into the last period. The 3 Montreal games? 1 MTL victory, where Belak and Berg were on for all the goals. We like to refer to that as the "Pat Quinn factor" it has been righted. A good game in MTL, and then another win. Lucky goal last game, but I'd also say it's pretty lucky for MTL to start the game with 4 straight PP's, especially when most were marginal and Hab peanlties were looked off. After Toronto gets a lead, all of sudden MTL gets more PP's until they tied it up again. Late in the game a few Leafs are HAULED down with no calls, the referee did not make a call against Montreal in the 3rd period. Shooting the puck out is automatic and too many men is a linesman's call. Some would call the constant MTL Powerplays when the game was tied or they were ahead "lucky," but we'll look the other way. Belfour stole that game anyways.........except for those 3 weak goals. We won't tell anyone about those though. They are also younger, and except for Allison, faster than last season played. Despite how quick Roberts moves those legs, he doesn't move quick. Leetch was great, but only played 15-20 games. Give me Lindros anyday of the week. That said, I don't think they are a great team, barely a playoff team, but I get really sick of the pointless bashing. It's an obsession with Sens fans to bash the Leafs. I wonder if they had any "we suck" chants throughout the stands against Carolina, because the Corel Center was full of Leafs' suck chants when they beat us..... despite being in another country.

Back onto topic, Carolina is suprisingly good, Goaltenders are still part of the team, and you can't win every game. Ottawa will bounce back, on a team as talented as Ottawa, there will be "individual" games and they may win a share of them as well.

Yeah you're right Murray has been running up the score. Then so does every other coach whose team scores 5 goals a game ? Thats a pretty lame assumption. And you have to understand, Murray is an offence minded coach, Martin was a coach who waited for a turnover and tried to capitalize on it.

Anyways what you have to undestand is that when Ottawa plays thier game they are that good and capable of scoring 4-6 goals a game. Agianst Carolina our pp went like 0-8 and I think that was key. There is also concern for Ottawa in that departement because our PP is not that great compared to previous years when it was in the top 5. I guess they miss HOSSA's killer passes and leathal shot. HEHE. I think our defence man need to blast the puck a little more, take a page out of torontos' pp.

I am not bashing the Leafs, I just think they come up with a lot of b/s but good for them.

And yeah one more thing for my 100th post. And sorry for my last statement.

The Sens will be the Leafs this yearr if they shall meet in the playoffs, not because we finally have a stable goalie but because we got

:PPlease click here

I was going to click that, but since I'm at work, I thought better of it... :lol:

The Sens will be the Leafs this yearr if they shall meet in the playoffs, not because we finally have a stable goalie but because we got

I was going to click that, but since I'm at work, I thought better of it... :lol:

Its nothing bad you have my word.

Its nothing bad you have my word.

Not sure I can trust a Sens fan... <_<

10-4, 8-0, 6-0, 5-0 and other such, routes are running up the score. They could've very easily played a control game and kept it alot closer. I watched the 10-4, 8-0 and part of the 5-0 games. They were sending a message, not just scoring 5 goals in a game. I didn't say it was bad, just said he's running it up to build confidence. I think the Sens will beat the Leafs this year, they beat themselves the last few years. It's in their head. The "toughness" story was garbage after the sweep. Ottawa's been a tougher team for the past 2 seasons. Goaltending was a decent excuse, but realistically, Lalime blew 1 game and Ottawa needed to score more goals. They believe they have filled the holes that cost them in years past, and thats what matters for them.

Where's the lame assumption? They've hammered a few teams this year. Each game I've seen they kept on pressing. Murray's trying to assert them and build their confidence. This isn't the same Senators team if they believe they are different and he knows that.

10-4, 8-0, 6-0, 5-0 and other such, routes are running up the score. They could've very easily played a control game and kept it alot closer. I watched the 10-4, 8-0 and part of the 5-0 games. They were sending a message, not just scoring 5 goals in a game. I didn't say it was bad, just said he's running it up to build confidence. I think the Sens will beat the Leafs this year, they beat themselves the last few years. It's in their head. The "toughness" story was garbage after the sweep. Ottawa's been a tougher team for the past 2 seasons. Goaltending was a decent excuse, but realistically, Lalime blew 1 game and Ottawa needed to score more goals. They believe they have filled the holes that cost them in years past, and thats what matters for them.

Where's the lame assumption? They've hammered a few teams this year. Each game I've seen they kept on pressing. Murray's trying to assert them and build their confidence. This isn't the same Senators team if they believe they are different and he knows that.

You can't play a control game in the new NHL, you gotta keep scoring and scoring becuase just like Ottawa in last nights game and many other games this year 3-4 goals in a periond is not very unlikely.

Decent excuse was goaltending ? Umm when your goalie lets inn 2 very soft goals in a game 7 and kills the morale of the team. I don't know if you play hockey, but I play a lot and umm when you have a good goalie you can rely on it makes a huge difference. Lalime is a joke he had one good run in the playoffs and that is it.

You can't play a control game in the new NHL, you gotta keep scoring and scoring becuase just like Ottawa in last nights game and many other games this year 3-4 goals in a periond is not very unlikely.

Decent excuse was goaltending ? Umm when your goalie lets inn 2 very soft goals in a game 7 and kills the morale of the team. I don't know if you play hockey, but I play a lot and umm when you have a good goalie you can rely on it makes a huge difference. Lalime is a joke he had one good run in the playoffs and that is it.

You can definately play a control game. The blowout games I've seen, Toronto, Buffalo twice. Of the 3, Buff made a comeback in the 1 game, then Ottawa scored and they rolled over. If anything it is easier to play a "control game", you just need to be smart and do it properly. Come up as a group of 5, 1 man in and dump, use the speed to keep up. Control the perimiter and keep it to the outside. Blow-outs aren't bad, I don't see a point in denying that they have been blowing teams out. The definately had an option to shut it down, control the play, and go from there, but they are padding the stats.

What happened in games 1 through 7? I'm pretty sure Ottawa scored 1 goal or less in 3 of their 4 losses, and all were 2 goal games or less. 1 bad game by your goaltender costs you the series, but 7 games of poor scoring from an offensive powerhouse is overlooked. It's garbage. Lalime had a bad game 7, no doubt, but to hold him as a scapegoat is a classless move.

You can definately play a control game. The blowout games I've seen, Toronto, Buffalo twice. Of the 3, Buff made a comeback in the 1 game, then Ottawa scored and they rolled over. If anything it is easier to play a "control game", you just need to be smart and do it properly. Come up as a group of 5, 1 man in and dump, use the speed to keep up. Control the perimiter and keep it to the outside. Blow-outs aren't bad, I don't see a point in denying that they have been blowing teams out. The definately had an option to shut it down, control the play, and go from there, but they are padding the stats.

What happened in games 1 through 7? I'm pretty sure Ottawa scored 1 goal or less in 3 of their 4 losses, and all were 2 goal games or less. 1 bad game by your goaltender costs you the series, but 7 games of poor scoring from an offensive powerhouse is overlooked. It's garbage. Lalime had a bad game 7, no doubt, but to hold him as a scapegoat is a classless move.

Well Belfour was robbing guys left and right...like yeah Ottawa had trouble scoring but then again everyone does when Belfour plays his game.