Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarey

11" pads in monor leagues

I think it is out rageous that for those of us that don't have the money because were still living with our parents and in the monor leagues they will change our pad sizes to 11" from 12".

What would they do to us!

I'm pretty shur ethat not every goaltender has that kin dof money to throw away because your pads are an inch wider than the rules, so you hav eto go get new ones.

It disgusts me because anyone getting new pads now a days are gatting charged up to and above $1800 for a set of pads, not to mention the outrageous waiting time.

I just got my ner V2's a little while ago and if Hockey Canada changes their rulling, I'm not planning on saying to my dad. Hey I need new pads because the ignorent leagues just changed their rullings. I'm pretty shure parrents with goalie with new gear would get pretty F***ing mad.

So what happens they make us take off our pads and put on the arena geat that dates back to the Flipping 70's! I don't think so! I'd rather leave than take off my V2's in teh middle of a game.

So if they just give me a penalty, will my team be short for the whole game? What about games to come later on? The ref notices your pads havent changed. BOOM! another game down with us being short.

I Think the NHL tries too hard to please the Americans who "want more goals" "Higher scoring games".

I'm not saying all Americans like hockey that way. I'm pretty shure eveyr American goalie wants a low GAA and a high Save %.

So if they want to change the rulling to 11" pads for us. Hockey Canada better hav ethe money to spend on mine and every other goaltender with the illeagal sized pads, because I'm not spending a cent if they chang ethe rule!

Hockey Canada and USA Hockey are not going to change to 11" pads. So far the only leagues that have switched are the NHL and a couple of minor pro leagues and those other leagues are slowly switching over to 11".

As for you having pads that aren't legal; if the refs make a measurement and you're pads are too big, you don't play until they meet the size requirements and your team gets a minor penalty. As mentioned though, you won't have to worry unless you start getting paid to play and I don't mean by your grandma.

Yah I want entirely shure what the Ref's ruling would be

can you say that in a language that we understand?

Ehhh look at it this way, I'm gonna stop you with 11 pads or 12 inch pads. And if I do it with 12 you will say its cause that extra inch, and if I do it with 11 you'll say we're still cheating. Get rid of your synergies and I will switch to 11 inch pads. I play U.S. Divison 1 college club. Made up of guys from junior A and junior B, and they havent done anything to us nor will they because they know that just because the NHL does something, it doesnt have to trickle all the way down to a pee wee team playing out of Obscure Montana population 100!

ive would have no intention of changing pads even tough the FIRS inline hockey governing body has made changes due to following the NHL. im only playing hockey as a past time after all,and none of it take it that serious over here (unless its international competition) im not going to change my pads for 6/7 games a year of international competition either. i think that hockey has become a modern game and that 12" pads should be allowed. lets GET WITH THE TIMES!!

If they do make the change, I won't be affected. As my INT pros are already 11''. But eventually they'll flood down into the lower levels of hockey. Not instantaneously.

Just out of curiousity, can the NHL goalies at the Olympics where their old 12" pads? Not saying they would, just wondering.