Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ktang

Beer league payments

I've played in beer leagues in Canada, and we paid individual fees to a team manager, who pays a team fee to the league organizer.

Two of my work colleagues are working in the LA region, and they pay the league organizer directly, bypassing the middle-man. One spares for a second team, and when he shows up for a game he pays the scorekeeper. I think that's a good concept, because then the team manager doesn't have to worry about chasing after money etc.

What's the system in your area?

Our team pays a team rep (Crazy Otto) but the rink where my shop is has all of the players pay the league, then assigns players to teams.

One of my leagues is paid by the team manager/captian.

The other one is paid by each player to the league organizer. If an individual can't pay, then he doesn't play.

I think everyone likes paying as individuals since it bypasses the deadbeat players who find ways to not have money every week.

In the leagues that I have played in, there are 2 payments per season per team. So, the team manager is in the hole for thousands of Cdn$. Also, there is a pre-season deposit that the team manager must pay, sometimes while still recruiting players.

I've been team managing a couple of teams, and I've been lucky to have very good payers as players / team-mates.

It's interesting that some of the US leagues accept payment on a week-by-week basis.

My league has a four installment payment system. Any team not paid up by the deadline is fined $100 each time there is a late payment.

I prefer to pay the guy running the team versus the league directly. When payments are made directly to the league, the league usually packs the teams to make the most money and you'll see teams with 15 skaters. When a player runs a team you at least know that you're paying a fair share, not just filling the leagues pockets and you're getting the ice time you paid for.

Just my $.02

A flat rate of say, $4500.00 / team for the season (for example). This is to be paid in two or three installments over the course of the year. So, split that number up among the number of players on the team and that's what you pay for the season. Some teams will have sponsors kick in a bit to make it less painful for each player.

Our team pays a team rep (Crazy Otto) but the rink where my shop is has all of the players pay the league, then assigns players to teams.

That's the way ours works but you can do a team payment option which is cheaper than paying the league directly, but then you have to have someone write the big check or float it on a credit card until the slackers pay. I've heard of leagues that have guys pay to be substitutes but our league doesn't do that.

That's the way ours works but you can do a team payment option which is cheaper than paying the league directly, but then you have to have someone write the big check or float it on a credit card until the slackers pay. I've heard of leagues that have guys pay to be substitutes but our league doesn't do that.

We charge our subs. It really helps when the league has payment options, our league has been doing that for a couple of years now.

Our teams are charged a team fee ($975 per team regardless of the amount of players) and the team has to have it all paid by the first game. If the team does not have the full amount for the first game, they are still allowed to play that first game, but are charged a $100 late fee. They must be paid in full for the second game before they get onto the rink. If not , then each game is a forfeit until the fee is paid in full.

Of course if people don't have their money for the first game, I'm always the idiot/nice guy/just want to play hockey guy who writes out the check for the balance to avoid that late fee. Yeah, needless to say I've been screwed out of money about 83 times.

We charge our subs. It really helps when the league has payment options, our league has been doing that for a couple of years now.

I think our subs have to be league members from other teams so they already got their money but if you wanted some one outside to play I think they would have to pay.

Since according to our league rules I can get suspended as the team rep if the other guys don't pay, I encourage them to give $$$ to me and I make the payments. However, I also encourage them make their checks out directly to the rink which operates the league.

Don't worry Chadd, we'll be paid up in full.

Since according to our league rules I can get suspended as the team rep if the other guys don't pay, I encourage them to give $$$ to me and I make the payments. However, I also encourage them make their checks out directly to the rink which operates the league.

Don't worry Chadd, we'll be paid up in full.

Linda and Dianne like us, we'll be ok.

Each team pays a $1800 deposit to reserve a spot. then total of I think $5200 per team due by the first game.

21 games total.

League allows one payment or individuals can pay with credit card at front desk if needed.

Teams will do it both ways.

If you are unsure how many will play like our team was, after a certain point, payment went to the team manager. Extra players end up paying for ice time for a practice when we had a week with no game. We payed for 2 1/2 practices since we had 2 more players than the budget. Our team is well managed for a bunch of beginners

I've played in beer leagues in Canada, and we paid individual fees to a team manager, who pays a team fee to the league organizer.

Two of my work colleagues are working in the LA region, and they pay the league organizer directly, bypassing the middle-man. One spares for a second team, and when he shows up for a game he pays the scorekeeper. I think that's a good concept, because then the team manager doesn't have to worry about chasing after money etc.

What's the system in your area?

Here (Hagerstown, MD) each player pays the rink for the whole season, or you can play as a part time player for $25/game, but only for the team you're rostered on.