Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shelton

rbk 8k pump skates

hey does anybody actually know how much these skates weight because i want to get some and it doesnt tell you how light they are i was wondering if they are as mad about weight as mission. thanks :D

i was wondering if they are as mad about weight as mission. thanks :D

And that means what? That all mission cares about is weight? They make a fabolous skate, and still sacrifice weight

all i'm saying is mission make the weight of ther skates one of the biggest feeatureson ther skates which is a good thing i wondered if reebok took that approach aswell because i want light skates

Next time you go for a jog, try putting some weights around your ankles.... Your feet & hands are the places on the body one notices a difference in weight the most. And the stomach is vice versa...

i really dont see how light skates can make you skate faster

increase stride freqeuncy

the more strides you can put out in a short amount of time the faster u reach top speed

I went to a hockey shop recently, the RBK 8k was right next to the Mission 10,000. CCM rep wakled into the store 5 minutes after me and requested his skate be moved as far away from the missions as possible.

Why?

Because both cost 500 dollars, and by comparrison the missions make the RBK's look like old school Seneca Roller blades. (cheap, and of poor quality) If you ever have the choance to go to a shop that carries both lines, hold one in one hand and the other in your other hand....there is truly no comparrison.

Me too

Go try some old Nike Accel and then you will see the difference.

Me too

Go try some old Nike Accel and then you will see the difference.

haha.

I would know. Look at my custom skate pics.

Those things are bricks!

They don't weigh that much. They are lighter than the PF8s I had, but weight never really is an important factor when I buy skates, it's all about comfort. Like my sig says, these things are comfortable.

Over 100g difference in weight per boot...However, weight is not our most important feature this year...It is the quality of the boot and its construction...

I will say that I am impressed with the CCM boot...There are some nice parts to it...

They don't weigh that much. They are lighter than the PF8s I had, but weight never really is an important factor when I buy skates, it's all about comfort. Like my sig says, these things are comfortable.

How long till you start signing your name with just the reebok vector. :D

Hey Mike, what's up?, long time no speak.

Reebok Man strikes again. :rolleyes:

Hey, so who do I talk to about a Reebok sponsorship? ;)

God, I'm such a Reebok whore, but all their stuff is awesome.

They will debut on 1/2/06.

Hey Mike, what's up?, long time no speak.

Reebok Man strikes again. :rolleyes:

Hey, so who do I talk to about a Reebok sponsorship? ;)

God, I'm such a Reebok whore, but all their stuff is awesome.

They will debut on 1/2/06.

As long as they "debut" with 3 goals and 3 assists, I don't care if Reebok Man or The Boogeyman are debuting them!

PS - You may not have to wait that long to debut. I'm gonna do a rental probably later this week or early next week at ISCA. You free?

ISCA?? Just played a tournament up there 2 weeks ago. Guy in the pro shop had a pair of Synergy 1300's for 350. He said that the easton rep skates at the rink and was willing to cut a deal. I almost bit. I need something to fit my sensors and MB816's to. What kind of surface is that...it doesnt seem like the typical sport court.

ISCA?? Just played a tournament up there 2 weeks ago.  Guy in the pro shop had a pair of Synergy 1300's for 350. He said that the easton rep skates at the rink and was willing to cut a deal. I almost bit. I need something to fit my sensors and MB816's to. What kind of surface is that...it doesnt seem like the typical sport court.

Isn't there a layer of cushioning or something that goes underneath? I think when they put it in there, they just layed it on top of the wood. I never played anywhere where the puck bounces as much as it does there.

ISCA?? Just played a tournament up there 2 weeks ago. Guy in the pro shop had a pair of Synergy 1300's for 350. He said that the easton rep skates at the rink and was willing to cut a deal. I almost bit. I need something to fit my sensors and MB816's to. What kind of surface is that...it doesnt seem like the typical sport court.

Like Fury said, it's really stiff and the puck bounces or goes on edge ALOT.

The guy in the pro shop, Kris, is right. There is an Easton Rep. playing in our league. His name is Danforth I believe. It's funny, he doens't even use top of the line Easton stuff. I've actually seen him with a wood Zcarbon stick for a long time. If I worked for Easton, I'd be on Synergy skates, Stealth stick...the whole 9.