Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

khockey#3

Tuuk lightspeed 1 v. 2s

jimmy..i think this is akin to effective edge on a snowboard..you can have a 156 and a 162 and they each have the same ee....do you think a radius changes every millimeter??

my single pair of CCM ice skates i owned had a significantly larger amount of steel touching the ice despite being a similar length to a Tuuk...way greater than 4mm..i couldn't even eyeball 4mm if that was the case..

Tburk32, the problem you are expeiencing, IMHO, is blade lean. I think Bauer had more of a problem with the custom+'s. What happens is when the blades are stamped from the press they don't get a square/level edge on the holder side of the blade. If this is left too long it can damage the holder, so replacing steel might not fix the problem.

Several years ago I personally had three pair of cusom+'s with one bad blade. Some poor soles that notice or who don't have a good professional sharpener can skate on defects for years.

Good Luck & Best Wishes

the guy at my lhs that i bought them from checked the squareness (if thats a word) of the top of the blade and it was fine. it was actually caused by one side being higher than the other where the blade sits in the tuuk. Chadd is the one that noticed it and the place im bought them from was making a joke out of it so i was wondering how much it mattered. Will i notice any difference when i get them replaced or not really??

edit: i am getting the tuuk replaced and im not sure if bauer will send steel or not (probably not) but i was just curious about which model i will receive

Nice to see someone from Bauer on the board.

There are more than a few NBH guys on here :)

Good so then more than a few NBH guys will hear me when I say...the dimensions of the the XXX Lite are ridiculous. Maybe if I had hands the size of Chara, I wouldn't notice, but considering I'm not...

When picking up the Lite, it's the first thing you notice. It is light, don't get me wrong. It's just very big, thick, and boxy. I'd say it's thicker than the XXX IMHO.

I was really looking forward to buying one too. At $189, it's certainly reasonable for a top-of-the-line stick, but compared the SLs and Stealths, it's just too big for this 5'7 cowboy.

the guy at my lhs that i bought them from checked the squareness (if thats a word) of the top of the blade and it was fine. it was actually caused by one side being higher than the other where the blade sits in the tuuk. Chadd is the one that noticed it and the place im bought them from was making a joke out of it so i was wondering how much it mattered. Will i notice any difference when i get them replaced or not really??

edit: i am getting the tuuk replaced and im not sure if bauer will send steel or not (probably not) but i was just curious about which model i will receive

Holy crap, you still don't have them replaced yet? Wasn't it three weeks ago when you talked to Bob?

it was actually caused by one side being higher than the other where the blade sits in the tuuk.

Do you mean at groove/channel where the blade should go in the holder, one lip is higher than the other? If so, then I've noticed that on some of the Tuuk Custom+ from time to time. I know that the channel is extruded, and so if it is not centered while being cut; by the nature of the holder's shape, one side will end up being higher than the other.

I'm not sure if the groove in the Lightspeed holder is extruded or not, but if they are, then bad extrusion is probably the problem.