Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EricG.

Cow leather palm

I'm wondering how soft a cow leather palm is, and how durable they are. I'm asking because I'm looking at L29s. If they're not great, I might as well just get a glove with goatskin. Aside from the palms, how flexible are they on the glove?

Go with the goat, the difference is worth it.

Absolutely, skip the L29 and go straight for the H34 or 35s you won't regret it. They're so much lighter, more flexible and durable than the cowhide.

The L29s I had were pretty stiff and got stiff between every game... they were good about the start of the 2nd period, but they never feel really flexible. The goatskins (H34) start flexible and stay that way. Durability wise, the cow wears just a little better than nash/clarino, but the goatskin just keeps going. I believe the H series is a few more bucks than the L29 (maybe $20us?) but it's well worth the price in the long run.

another cool thing is they never seem to stink!

I really like the look for the all black H34s. I was wondering how an all goatskin glove held up, so you answered my question :D . If I can use an all black glove next year I'll try it. Otherwise I'll just get X70s with goatskin.

No problem! and yes, the H34 in all black is one of the sweetest looking gloves on the market. I couldn't tell you how many coaches/players have asked me where to get a pair..

X70s with goat are a great glove as well, the only downside is that they will eventually stink because of the syntehtic leather/liner... but hey, what DOESN'T stink eventually!

I actually think the Eagle gloves one piece pre-curved finger is more comfortable and more flexible then their split fingered gloves. I had a pair and the splits didn't align with my knuckles at all. They actually made a blister on my index finger.

I'm wondering how soft a cow leather palm is, and how durable they are. I'm asking because I'm looking at L29s. If they're not great, I might as well just get a glove with goatskin. Aside from the palms, how flexible are they on the glove?

I got TPS hgpro a while ago, I think them are cow leather. They feel really nice, but I like my goatskin x70's better. I would go for the black hg34's though if I were you, if I had to do over I would have got them instead of the SE x70s I just got.

I bought x80's with goatskin palms a few months ago. I love them. They are still in excelent condition, and as soft as they were the day I bought them. They are worth the extra money.

Which glove was that?

They were Nylon CP96's. I liked everything about the gloves except for the blisters. I'm a big fan right now of the HGT but I havn't had a chance to use my nylon M-1's yet since I'm still nursing an injury.

I'd at least make sure you tired them on. Good gloves IMO, just didn't fit me right I guess. And truthfully, I just didn't see much added flexibility in the fingers as opposed to the one piece. The HGT's on the other hand, lots and lots of finger flexibility. And I must drop kudos to Justin on the M-1's because the split in the finger is closer to the hand instead of right in the middle and all 4 knuckles sit perfectly in the break. Very comfortable.

The main problem i had with the cow leather palms is that it took too long to get them comfortable, about a period or so for me. I'd go with the goatskins, they're softer and more comfortable from what ive noticed. Also my cow leather palms soaked up a lot of water and made my stick a little slippery.

My Nike's Quest 1's are split fingers and after a long period of hockey (I would say 3 hours) my fingers hurt like hell.