Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thejackal

HS hockey in VT

Decent hockey,my team use to always scrimage a team from Vermont in Pre-Season.I forget the nmae of the school.The team was very good though.

have fun in vt lol, most people would prefer mexico as a state than vermont. jk jk

In terms of hockey, HS hockey is pretty good up there, but if you want the college route, going prep or juniors after is a must

have fun in vt lol, most people would prefer mexico as a state than vermont. jk jk

In terms of hockey, HS hockey is pretty good up there, but if you want the college route, going prep or juniors after is a must

Hehe, there's no amount of training I can do to get my lazy ass onto a college team. Just wondering if it was comparable to HS in Montreal.

Highschool hockey in Western Pennsylvania sucks. No crowds, no fans, crappy rinks.

New england is big for hs hockey, plus in most vt towns, there is nothing to do but watch hs hockey

There are some pretty good programs in VT; but in my opinion in New England; Massachusetts or NH are most likely more solid overall, if there's a possibility to play there. If you're just gonna play public, Vermont should be fine. I play varsity on an established public in EMass and we are just as competitive as some mid-level prep teams.

There are some pretty good programs in VT; but in my opinion in New England; Massachusetts or NH are most likely more solid overall, if there's a possibility to play there. If you're just gonna play public, Vermont should be fine. I play varsity on an established public in EMass and we are just as competitive as some mid-level prep teams.

Who do you play for? I play in eastern mass and play varsity for Dartmouth High School.

There are some pretty good programs in VT; but in my opinion in New England; Massachusetts or NH are most likely more solid overall, if there's a possibility to play there. If you're just gonna play public, Vermont should be fine. I play varsity on an established public in EMass  and we are just as competitive as some mid-level prep teams.

Who do you play for? I play in eastern mass and play varsity for Dartmouth High School.

I play for Franklin High. We're a D2 but not too bad; this year's a re-building year though. We have a pretty solid program, though. 3 losing seasons in 30-odd years. Oh, Peter Laviolette, the Us olympic coach, is like 25th on out all time leading scorer list.

Our varsity gets a packed crowd of over 1500 every game and they still lose all the time.Basically everyone in my school goes to the games.

I live in connecticut and the atmosphere is riduiculous we won states a few years ago and there were at least 5 thousand at the championship at the yale whale i was in like 6th grade and it was ridiculous now playing varsity as a freshman is unreal. As for vermont ive played a few vermont teams in youth and have blown them out (during regionals) but im assuming the highschool is a high level.

id say so. hs hockey in the US is huge, large crowds, rowdy fans, small barns, unreal atmosphere. its no LCC vs loyola

Kerry Goulet with "IceHockey World" came to the Let's Play Hockey Expo in St. Paul, which is tied in with the Minnesota High School Championships.

He was raised in Winnipeg, played 17 years professionally in Germany and now lives in Toronto, which went rabid after Canada won the World Cup last year. He said something I found amazing. He said he was shocked at how passionate the fans were -- he had never seen anything like it.

I found it hard to believe that he thought the fans were more passionate than the Canadians I had witnessed, but he stood by his remark.

slaming when i played prep, i saw more passion at games then when i was playing at home in front of more fans in montreal. in montreal you hear cheers boos, etc.., but in the US u hear "hey___, YOU SUCK" and other chants, which make it a grat place to play in

id say so. hs hockey in the US is huge, large crowds, rowdy fans, small barns, unreal atmosphere. its no LCC vs loyola

Kerry Goulet with "IceHockey World" came to the Let's Play Hockey Expo in St. Paul, which is tied in with the Minnesota High School Championships.

He was raised in Winnipeg, played 17 years professionally in Germany and now lives in Toronto, which went rabid after Canada won the World Cup last year. He said something I found amazing. He said he was shocked at how passionate the fans were -- he had never seen anything like it.

I found it hard to believe that he thought the fans were more passionate than the Canadians I had witnessed, but he stood by his remark.

HS hockey in MN is bigger than HS football in Texas. No joke.

I could be a bit off, but I think they fill the excel energy center for the state tournament.

I would recomend "Blades of Glory" for a good read and a lot of insight to MN highschool hockey.