Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Stickhandling question

Ok, When you stickhandle, its supposed to be all with your top hand correct? Should the bottom hand be completley loose, or should it help when you stikhandle? I use both wrists, and I dont think this is correct? Any opinions? Also, how can I get myself to keep my bottom hand loose and get my top one being the main hand for stickhandling? Will I see a significant improvement if I keep my bottom hand "loose"*? *(Kovy_Ribs said this i believe)

Ok, When you stickhandle, its supposed to be all with your top hand correct? Should the bottom hand be completley loose, or should it help when you stikhandle? I use both wrists, and I dont think this is correct? Any opinions? Also, how can I get myself to keep my bottom hand loose and get my top one being the main hand for stickhandling? Will I see a significant improvement if I keep my bottom hand "loose"*? *(Kovy_Ribs said this i believe)

use toilet paper roll cardboard and put it on your shaft for where your bottom hand goes then stick handle with the goal of not crushing the toilet paper roll in mind.

I think initially it is important to keep a loose botttom hand to discover what the top and bottom hand is used for in stickhandling, after you know the proper mechanics it will probably come easier to loosen up on the bottom and not think about it.

Get Kwik Hands. It is a set of 4 different weighted steel balls with some floor mats and a DVD etc. They are AMAZING! I use them for my team/camp training and the more you put into it - the more you get out and the results can and are unbelievable. I personally experimented with them and cannot believe the difference, but moreso, watching my players develop on the system is the real testament. I endorse them, but have literally nothing to do with them - you can do a google for the web site, but are advertised everywhere. The entire system is under 100 bucks, I believe - great deal for the results I have seen - technique - strengthening - education - its all good.

They are all steel balls - the heaviest being 4 pounds! The lightest is still heavier than a puck. The DVD trains you on the system and techniques of stickhandling - where to stickhandle on the blade of your stick - how to roll - what to do with your hands etc. The principle is that you cannot PUSH the balls as they will not slide - you have to roll it (wrist work) and learn to flip/roll the stick - really amazing and it trains the muscles - you can really feel it - even in your back when you first start. A good trick is when you get down to the last ball add a golf ball or one of the many other stickhandling balls to the workout - amazing stuff. Again, I am just a customer that stumbled on it, but have seen it work for my players.

~BT