Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vintas

Bauer Nike 2006 Equipment

That's quite an interesting-looking footbed there.....

DSC05614.JPG

Insole looks comfy, but look how thin the ankle area is....would'nt work good for me. I need to have good padding there.

That's the style the XXX had and people seemed to like that. That's actually the one thing I don't like about my F12s...how thick the ankle pads are.

This is getting rediclious, How can anyone justify spending 600 bucks on skates after tax and such, thats rediclious, I thought my vapor 30's were bad at a shade under 500 after tax, but this is just nuts, expecially when the skates are trashed after 6 months

This is getting rediclious, How can anyone justify spending 600 bucks on skates after tax and such, thats rediclious, I thought my vapor 30's were bad at a shade under 500 after tax, but this is just nuts, expecially when the skates are trashed after 6 months

Then why did you buy the XXX's?

Probably because he wanted to "fit in" have the top end skates so kids think he's a amazing player. Or to show off to his friends that he has Vapor XXX

That's the style the XXX had and people seemed to like that. That's actually the one thing I don't like about my F12s...how thick the ankle pads are.

I have the XXX,, the padding is thicker than that and the XX's.

Probably because he wanted to "fit in" have the top end skates so kids think he's a amazing player. Or to show off to his friends that he has Vapor XXX

I think he is just voicing his opinion that skates are getting too expensive in general because not many of today's models last very long.

The new Supreme series features plastic toe caps. I saw the product line yesterday. The One90 does look great. The One70 is also an excellent skate that will retail around $400 US.

$400 USD for not even the top-end model!!!!!

the specs for the one70's sound exactly the same as the 8090's, so 400USD is for a top end skate, even though it's below the one90's

also, that footbed looks exactly like some of the insoles that nike makes for really high end basketball shoes and for some jordans, but in the case of basketball shoes, it for lateral stability and can act a bit like a spring. i don't imagine why it's needed for a skate that has a completely stiff outsole :blink:

I have four higher end nikes and none of my insoles look like that one, could you be specific about like a shoe that you have seen it in. I have a pair of nike cross trainers that have a image on the footbed that is really close to the image on the one90 footbed.

but compare that to Nikes, and other BNH skates...XXX has the thinest.

How is the pad thickness in the 8090's?

i cant wait to showoff my new titanium skate box at the rink...

lol

did u get the skateS?

i wonder if in retail stores they will come in those box's

if not, they could well them...id buy one

I have four higher end nikes and none of my insoles look like that one, could you be specific about like a shoe that you have seen it in. I have a pair of nike cross trainers that have a image on the footbed that is really close to the image on the one90 footbed.

i think i saw them in a pair of jordan like.. 17's or something. i'm probably wrong about the insoles, but i know nike uses carbon fibre in ball shoes as a spring plate and to keep it from twisting too much. my question still stands though, what's the point of carbon fibre in the insole?

How is the pad thickness in the 8090's?

Thicker than my XXX. I like thick padding around my ankles..wear thin socks. My 8090--I think felt the best around my ankles. My vapors are ok--PAdding could be thicker.

i think i saw them in a pair of jordan like.. 17's or something. i'm probably wrong about the insoles, but i know nike uses carbon fibre in ball shoes as a spring plate and to keep it from twisting too much. my question still stands though, what's the point of carbon fibre in the insole?

Stiffness.

Stiffness.

On the footbed? Why would you need stiffness on the footbed? Footbeds should be well cushioned.