Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedorov91

Yzerman to return wearing visor...

Visor for Yzerman

Center Steve Yzerman intends to play hockey again.

When Yzerman does play, he’ll do so wearing a visor.

Yzerman was struck in his left eye by a deflected puck in Game 5 of the Calgary series and underwent four hours of surgery.

Yzerman said he is still suffering from blurred vision but is optimistic it’ll be back to normal before long.

The decision to wear a visor is a departure for Yzerman, who has never worn one.

“You don’t need an eye injury,†Yzerman said. “This is the first one I’ve had. The first thing that went through my mind was I don’t want to lose my eyesight. I really believe guys should be wearing them. I wouldn’t have said that a week ago.â€

http://www.detnews.com/2004/wings/0405/09/d09-147192.htm

Theo: Actually I've seen an interview on TV where he actually says that. It is true, he said if and when he returns to hockey he will be wearing a visor.

Whats to stop a puck from shattering a visor, like what happend to Hossa earlier this season? The puck completly shattered his visor into his face/eye, which could easily be just as bad. Or was the visor determined to have a defect in it, and only it, or what.

I'm suprised more people dont wear visors, I would definetly be. Glad to see Yzerman wants to come back though, alotta heart.

Guest phillyfan

Why couldn't he get hurt a few weeks ago for a speech I had to write regarding a NHL Visor Debate!? No pun intended...

Why couldn't he get hurt a few weeks ago for a speech I had to write regarding a NHL Visor Debate!? No pun intended...

I have to write a thesis on accidents at home so run with scissors and drink some bleach for me.

I thought it was on self inflicted gunshot wounds mack. Did you change topics?

Yeah, apparently that wasn't going over well with my advisor. I think this one will have more staying power though.

Guest phillyfan

I have to write a thesis on accidents at home so run with scissors and drink some bleach for me.

I forget what brand of bleach you used when you were showing me, wasn't it Clorox 2?

Says what? I believe when he says he is coming back he will wear a visor.

I mean the rumour that stated he was going to be retired for good.

Sorry, my friend just happened to talk to Joey Kocur the night it happened. Didn't sound BS to me at the time :rolleyes:

Guest phillyfan

I actually liked the Yzerman curve when I was younger, Junior Curve is a bit different than the Senior, but it wasn't that bad of a curve...

Oh, I heard similar things on other boards. Didn't mean your example specifically at all. Sorry if it sounded like that.

I think we can all agree that we are happy it was a BS rumour. I am happy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire anyway.

I've heard a lot people saying before the incident that he was going to retire at the end of this year, but he didn't mention it because he didn't want to distract his teammates, and bring on more attention.

Guest phillyfan
I actually liked the Yzerman curve when I was younger, Junior Curve is a bit different than the Senior, but it wasn't that bad of a curve...

Wrong forum :unsure:

Oops. :blink:

If one of the Mods could move this to the correct thread, my apologies.