Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andoy

Nike Flexlite 10 fit vs. 12

Hey guys. Since there are no shops in my area (Vancouver, Canada) that carry the Nike Flexlite 10 I was wondering if the fit of the flexlite 12's is identical to the 10s. I was planning on trying the F12s on and use them as a guide. As much as I don't want to purchase skates online (my LHS doesn't carry them), it looks like I may have to. :S

Also to people that own Flexlite 10s or 12s, how are they holding up so far?

2 Members of my team have these skates. They seem to be holding up fine. The only problem is that the eyelet on one of the skate is coming out Severely. But then again i have the same problem with my Vapor XXX. :(

Flexlite 12's..... I love 'em. Ive been in mine since Aug. and I skate 3 to 4 times a week & no problems. The eyelet problem might be when tightening the skates toooo much pressure is used pulling up rather than pulling out.

i used both(had a chance to try them for 3 weeks at my LHS)

and they feel the same.one thing maybe,i remember that the tongue felt better in the F12, don't know why...

The Flexlite 12's are great. It only took a game to break them in and they've held up superbly for the 8 months I have had them. I also had an eyelet get all bent up at the top of the skate, but since I don't lace my skates up to the top, it hasn't been a problem. I think eyelets are a problem with the Nike skates. Before I got my Flexlites, my Nike Quest V-Force skates had an eyelet (in the middle of the skate) pulled out of the boot.

Hey guys. Since there are no shops in my area (Vancouver, Canada) that carry the Nike Flexlite 10

They sell them at the new Canadian Tire on Cambie St (the one next to the Best Buy). I thnk they are selling for around $350-375

i called them and they have none :(

I was planning on getting them from either Hockeygiant.com or Hockeymonkey.com . Is there anyone on the board that has purchased skates from them?

Try Scoff's in Burnaby. They have the 12s on sale and I'm not sure about the 10s but if it will save you $ in shipping, customs, etc. give it a try. Also, try Larry's in N.Van.

When buying skates online don't forget that if you want them baked its more $$(depending on how much it costs in your area that might be of concern) and also to get them sharpened. Plus the cost of shipping. I'd only use the internet if you 100% know that you can't find them anywhere around you.

I bought my FL12's in september and I love them. The fit is amazing. Baking them really didn't do a whole lot for me, I did it twice just because I am able to bake them for free because my uncle owns the pro shop i work in, around here baking cost $20 at most places...we only charge $10 half of the time. We normally do it free for anyone. I highly recomend this skate, they are the best skate i've ever skated in.

Flexlite 12's..... I love 'em. Ive been in mine since Aug. and I skate 3 to 4 times a week & no problems. The eyelet problem might be when tightening the skates toooo much pressure is used pulling up rather than pulling out.

Is there anyway to fix it? Or stop it from gettng worse???? :(

If you have a good skate shop/hockey store, boot/shoe repair or even a saddle/leather repair shop should be able to replace the eyelet.

When tightening your skates pull out rather than up. Even a 45 degree angle is better than pulling straight up. TOOOOO much pressure on the eyelets.

I would get the flexlite 12s but they're out of my price range. Since I heard that the Flexlite 10s are almost identical to the 12's i figured I give it a try. But the problem is that non of the hockey places here have them in stock. Have any of you guys ever placed an order on an item that your lhs do not normally have in stock?

Have any of you guys ever placed an order on an item that your lhs do not normally have in stock?
Yup, I've done it and wished I had done it sooner instead of wasting all my time checking every LHS in town.

Bought V-10's from Hockey Giant for my 16 year old. He's been in them for 3 weeks and he absolutely loves them. We did not bake them either. He went through 3 pairs of Vapor XX's prior to these over the past 2 years. The Vapors started killing his ankles real bad. I researched both the 10's and the 12's. My son preferred the 10's because 1) they have solid steel in the LS2's and 2) a thicker felt tongue. Dad preferred the price :) They are extremely light skates.

Use coupon code SAVE5 at HG to save 5%. Plus shipping is free. The pair I got are sized exactly like the Vapor XX's.

Hi guys.

Just a quick question, didnt see any point startig a new thread.

Im looking at getting some flexlite 10s, but all the LHS round me only carry up to flexlite 6, so thats all i can try on. I tried them and they fit really nice, but im wondering how the fit of the 6's is compared to 10's.

Thanks for any help

Pod

Bought the Flexlite 10s, skated in them for 6 months without baking, baked them to fit my odd foot shape. Best fitting skate I've ever worn.

Flexlite has the Game Ready Fit so its not supposed to be baked...

however if you do bake it..no more than 2 min in a preheated oven and then put them on...do the typical wait 24 hours etc

i called them and they have none :(

I was planning on getting them from either Hockeygiant.com or Hockeymonkey.com . Is there anyone on the board that has purchased skates from them?

I've bought skates from both with no probs. Just don't let hockey giant sharpen them!

site1054.JPG

Flexlite has the Game Ready Fit so its not supposed to be baked...

however if you do bake it..no more than 2 min in a preheated oven and then put them on...do the typical wait 24 hours etc

They're fully upper thermoformable so I thought why the hell not.

They're so damn comfy and holding up well too!