Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Boston/Vegas show recap

Sorry they are not made by ballistik and yes they are the MIA Inferno composite sticks.

If you say so. I saw the sticks and they are still using the RTM blades, which at those prices, they should be pre-preg. The prices were high to the dealers. That stick is no better than a $69-89 retail stick. As a retailer, I'd rather pay a few bucks more on cost of the new TPS Response Armor OPS or XXX Lite OPS over MIA's; and trust me, it is ONLY a few bucks.

I went to the Vegas show and this is my brief review.

MIA

As far as MIA goes, I thought it was just a very poor imitation of the Eagle product across the board, from gloves to bags, to goal sticks. Believe me when I tell you, I am not a fan of Eagle either, but, I was impressed with Eagle's new gloves.

EAGLE

Like I said above, I am still not won over by Eagle, however, one had to be easily impressed with their new glove line. All gloves will have split fingers and plastic.

New goal line, Sentry, looked really nice. Graphics on these were pretty sweet too.

WARRIOR

Warrior product was impressive, although, I wasn't impressed with their "we're above everyone" attitude. I think Royale OPS will do very well.

TPS

I was very impressed with the TPS Response Armor OPS as a product, not price. Was it just me or did the color change with the angle of the light on these OPS?For a Made In China product, I feel the prices could be better.

The Adrenaline/Adrenaline Control OPS are way overpriced.

Their new glove did nothing for me, although their "wrist wrap" is the best one I have seen yet.

Their silver goal pant would be a great new idea for goalies if it were truly silver and not grey.

Summit C/A was very nice and comfy. The rest of their goalie equipment was nothing to write home about, IMHO.

I liked the new R2 shafts, but, again, Made In China with a Made In Canada price.

SANDE

I know Gary Sande is on here and I am wondering if you have transitioned your glove production to the Orient. Your prices seem like you have. OPS sticks were OK, but, unless it is a $69 OPS, name is king.

OGGIE GRIP

Lots of Salming sticks here, but, nice product. Not sure I believe that these grips don't break, but, they are different.

NXI Goal Masks

Same stuff as in the past, but, Steve is a good guy.

SHOCK DOCTOR

My vote for innovation of the year! The bag with the fan in it is unreal!

MONTREAL

New OP Goal Stick, but otherwise, nothing doing.

CHRISTIAN

Nice OPS product line. Three different price points if memory serves correctly.

I really liked the OP Goal Stick with 60 day warranty. I thought it was finished better than both the Bauer and the TPS.

TOUR

I never realized they had soooooooooooo much stuff!

SHOCK DOCTOR

My vote for innovation of the year! The bag with the fan in it is unreal!

So the bag with the fan is actully a real thing? I thought, in the topic the jimmy initially mentioned it, that he was just making fun of the people who are lazy and don't take care of their equipment by leaving it in the bag. I bet the bag will be a huge hit.

SHOCK DOCTOR

My vote for innovation of the year!  The bag with the fan in it is unreal!

So the bag with the fan is actully a real thing? I thought, in the topic the jimmy initially mentioned it, that he was just making fun of the people who are lazy and don't take care of their equipment by leaving it in the bag. I bet the bag will be a huge hit.

Actually, the fan is not in the bag, rather you connect the fan unit's hose to your bag. I know it will be a great hit. For years I've been contimplating making a bag like this and SD beat me to it.

Were any of the composite goalie sticks named the "Quantum"?

I believe the only thing with that name was the DR goal pad. I can't imagine that they would license use of that name to another manufacturer.

Okay thanks. A local guy was making proto type composite goal sticks and I know he made some player sticks with the Quantum (or something similar) name on it.

Okay thanks. A local guy was making proto type composite goal sticks and I know he made some player sticks with the Quantum (or something similar) name on it.

Fury had some samples of his stuff with their logo on them at the show last year if I remember correctly.

Much of our glove production has moved to Asia. As for the one OPS, we will move forward with it slowly, but gloves are our focus, anything else is a support product for the sticks. The stick is 100% Carbon and is only about 405 Grams and a solid blade. BUT... it is a support product for the gloves, same as bags and pants...

Where will next years shows be?? Will there be a Canadian show? I hear there usually is one in Montreal but didn't hear of one.. and its been a year or two since they had one in Toronto (Damn..) :(

There will be one in Montreal this year in November. I have heard conflicting reports on the location of the Let's Play Hockey show(Vegas).

I had heard they were having trouble finding space to hold the show in Montreal, at least for the time they wanted.

Of course, that goes to show you how rumors get started.... :D

I had heard they were having trouble finding space to hold the show in Montreal, at least for the time they wanted.

Of course, that goes to show you how rumors get started.... :D

Ok, let's move it to Niagara Falls. There are a couple places I'd like to visit.

Show dates for next year -

ONEGOAL - Jan 14-16 in Toronto

LPH - Jan 30-31 in Las Vegas

Hell yeah, Vegas on my birthday again.