Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2006 Salming Catalogue

What's the weight on the tf10 shafts? And are there any shops in Toronto that carry the gloves? The PG1s look sweet but I'm not sure what size I should get.

Sorry for not responding earlier -- I didn't realize anyone had posted.

The TF10 is 360 grams. Regarding stores in Toronto, you should contact Mark County of Salming Canada (info@salmingcanada.com).

I never noticed this myself, but some people have said the PG1's might be a touch longer in the fingers

Cheechoo, I brought our blades to my friend's shop tonight to compare with other models. Some of our curves might be a smidge different, but basically they are the following blades:

Curve 11: Sakic

Curve 12: Recchi with round toe

Curve 21: Modano

Curve 44: Drury with a smidge less twist

Curve 46: Basically a square Sakic w/ a 5 lie and flatter opening 1/3 in from the toe (I mean the Sakic twists more while it opens.)

Curve 51: Lidstrom

Does anyone understand what I mean about Curve 46 and whether that describes a "name" curve?

Isn't 11 and 12 identical excepting the length of the blade??(going by what is said in the catalogue)

Because a recchi isnt as open as a sakic.

Not with the ones I have.

11(Evolution OPS) is a little more mild than a Sakic in curve and loft

12 (Precision OPS)is more like a Tucker or P106

I just got an Evolution with a 12 curve and it's a much smaller curve than the one on the Precision. Probably most similar to a P27.

It's a much smaller curve than the Lidstrom but it is a heel curve

I thought Jason described it as Shanny like?

The angle is off, as it's slightly more closed in this pic than in reality but you can get the idea. Pretty similar to a Mission Ribeiro.

S46.JPG

Chadd,

Do you have these blades in stock curve #46 in LH senior? I tried the guy in charge of Salming Canada and he said that he did not have any and was not even sure if he would be getting any. Also how square toed is this blade, are we talkin Lidstrom or Iginla square?

Thanks

The one pictured is the only one I have. I'll see if I can get a pic of the toe for you, but it's not rounded off much at all.

Hey from your experience using them, what's your favorite salming OPS? I got a chance to see some of them from mark and I remember he had some orange, green, and white ones -- I can't remember the model names *doh* .

Edited by kkancho

My experience is it's been up to personal preference. Mark in Canada liked the TF1's best, while I liked the G1's better. Then I tried the TF Evolution, whose springiness I liked better, but I've come to realize I don't like 5.5 lies or hooked curves. Basically, I like the Modano and only the G1 had the Modano.