Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2006 Salming Catalogue

I met Mikael briefly today. The Red Wings play the Avs tomorrow, so I visited the rink to meet Mikael and the RW's equipment manager.

For at least one day, I think I saw why he's having a breakout year. He and his linemate were the last to leave the ice, as much as half-an-hour later than some of the players. It definitely reflected a good work ethic to see the two of them out there when everyone else had left.

I've heard from Sweden that he's a nice guy, and I would concur. I thanked him for having such a solid year, because it's helped build awareness. :)

The 46 sounds like a Shannahan to me. The 44 sounds like my customs.

It compared the two tonight. The 46 is close to a Shanny, but the toe is slightly less open and it looks like it starts its curve closer to the heel than Shanahan does.

That's some nice looking stuff, but I'm seriously going to have nightmare of Bjore Salming standing over my bed with that facial expression tonite :lol:

It compared the two tonight. The 46 is close to a Shanny, but the toe is slightly less open and it looks like it starts its curve closer to the heel than Shanahan does.

The description sounds like a Jokinen/ PL106

That's probably closer, I'll get a pic of it.

Did you ever get the pics of it?

WOW Impressive!!! Glove and stick

Is the curve 11 like a iginla or a Sakic??

Also do you your shaft come in grip??

sakic

Cheechoo, I brought our blades to my friend's shop tonight to compare with other models. Some of our curves might be a smidge different, but basically they are the following blades:

Curve 11: Sakic

Curve 12: Recchi with round toe

Curve 21: Modano

Curve 44: Drury with a smidge less twist

Curve 46: Basically a square Sakic w/ a 5 lie and flatter opening 1/3 in from the toe (I mean the Sakic twists more while it opens.)

Curve 51: Lidstrom

Does anyone understand what I mean about Curve 46 and whether that describes a "name" curve?

Isn't 11 and 12 identical excepting the length of the blade??(going by what is said in the catalogue)

Because a recchi isnt as open as a sakic.

Cheechoo, I brought our blades to my friend's shop tonight to compare with other models. Some of our curves might be a smidge different, but basically they are the following blades:

Curve 46: Basically a square Sakic w/ a 5 lie and flatter opening 1/3 in from the toe (I mean the Sakic twists more while it opens.)

Does anyone understand what I mean about Curve 46 and whether that describes a "name" curve?

Isn't 11 and 12 identical excepting the length of the blade??(going by what is said in the catalogue)

Not with the ones I have.

11(Evolution OPS) is a little more mild than a Sakic in curve and loft

12 (Precision OPS)is more like a Tucker or P106

Did you ever get the pics of it?

S21-46.JPG

21 (modano) on the left, 46 on the right. It's more open than it looks in the pic, I must have had it angled a little bit when I took the pic.

Here's another of just the 46, lighting sucks because I took the pic in the one closet in the basement. The carpet made it harder to see.

S46.JPG

Not with the ones I have.

11(Evolution OPS) is a little more mild than a Sakic in curve and loft

12 (Precision OPS)is more like a Tucker or P106

so the 11 is my closest match right?lie is the same?

Thanks. Too bad it's a 5 lie...

46 is 5.5

I thought it was a p106 clone... and p106 is 5 lie.

But if this is 5.5, looks like it'll be about time to order a woodie rb to see if it's what I like.

Another question: What's the grip like (if any) on the G10 shaft from whatever last years model? It's on Ebay for $50 and really peaked my interest. Much better price than a Z-Bubble.

Edited by Project_2501