Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleCobra

Alexander Ovechkin Live Chat

Some of these comments about OV-1 (love that nickname,) being more mature are pretty amusing. Does anyone remember the threads before the season started about OV-1 being a showboating gloryhound with no class? What a change.

Yeah thanks for posting, nice read.

I think the chances of Washington trading Ovechkin for any player(s) to be slim and none....

Guessing the reason he switched visor's might have something to do with CCM's purchase of Oakley.

He play's in CCM from top to toe, so it's natural to give him a "CCM" visor.

I'm in need of a new Taper shaft, and was thinking about either a v130 or Salming's new Evo shaft. Am leaning more towards the v130 because of this guy, and nomally I don't give a rats ass about who uses what. + Reg flex (95) is perfect for me, while salming offers 85 & 100 versions. :blink:

You're going to get a shaft b/c Ovechkin uses that shaft? Well I guess then you should use a Synergy first b/c that's what he used in juniors to get him to the NHL.

Ahhh I give up

I heard Salming to be more durable. Jason is sending me out 2 shafts. Better prices aswell IMO.

The shafts that Patrick is mentioning are different than the G10's you bought. They are a new design with lighter materials, so it's entirely possible some durability will be sacrificed for the lighter weight, although we won't know until they hit the market.

Nah, then I would get a sakic retail curve aswell.... And change my jersey nr to 8... :blink:

Will probaly wait out and see some reviews on the Evo Taper shaft, Salming sells for a really nice price around here.

Miike when will you recieve them?

Some of these comments about OV-1 (love that nickname,) being more mature are pretty amusing.  Does anyone remember the threads before the season started about OV-1 being a showboating gloryhound with no class?  What a change.

His WJC display was certainly less than mature. It looks like he's taking cues from some of the (few) veterans on his team.

Some of these comments about OV-1 (love that nickname,) being more mature are pretty amusing.  Does anyone remember the threads before the season started about OV-1 being a showboating gloryhound with no class?  What a change.

His WJC display was certainly less than mature. It looks like he's taking cues from some of the (few) veterans on his team.

I think you're right about that Chadd, and I am glad that he is. It's a whole lot easier to like the guy when he's not acting like an ass.

Miike when will you recieve them?

As Jason mentioned a few posts up the shafts i have purchased are the 05' (i think) G10 standard shafts, compared to the new ones you are talking about. I should recieve them not next week but probably the week after that.

Jason - I still think the new Salming sticks/shafts will be just as durable! I hope... I'd defiantly go back!

Jason - I still think the new Salming sticks/shafts will be just as durable! I hope... I'd defiantly go back!

I hope so, Mike.

I can tell the feel and the weight of the new sticks is good. I'm confident that anyone who is looking strictly for performance will like these sticks. What I don't know is how durable they will be, so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, regardless whether our sticks have had a good history of being durable.

HatTrickChick

What tips can you offer other hockey players who want to be as skillful a player as you?

Alexander Ovechkin

Work hard. If you have a dream, chase the dream. If you see other guys doing things wrong, don't copy them. Do what is best for you and go after your dream.

That quote just makes me wanna work 10X harder! Love this guys attitude!

A girl on my daughter's Washington Pride girls U19 team who is basically stalking Ovechkin (not in a dangerous kind of way, she just really has a crush on him) goes to a lot of Caps practices and recently got a chance to talk to him. He's a real nice kid, very polite, and speaks very good English. He took time to really talk with her.

some one beat me to the WJC comment. i remember HATING him last year during the tourney, and coming into this year thinking "eff A-O, i hope crosby blows him away." now... ive officially changed my mind. he is so electric to watch, and some of the comments hes made have really changed my mind. one of those being something about how he requests an american room-mate for every out of town stay. that way he is arround english more, and can learn better/faster. i cant get over how fun he is to watch...