Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sonsplayhockey

Light weight shoulder pads

I know a couple people do it but they are concerned one day they're going to get nailed, even though we do play in a non-contact division as well.

But still, better to wear padding then end up with an accidental injury. The risk is too much.

Btw, how is your knee? I remember a thread about it.. hope its gotten better, knee problems are the worst.

I just ordered a pair of Rbk 4k shoulder pads:

http://en.rbkhockey.com/gear/player/protec...shoulder/4k.php

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/...nt_1879_9954126

I also wanted something light for no-contact play. I'm just getting back into playing hockey. I wasn't planning on getting any shoulder pads, but I've read that some leagues require them. These seem to fit the bill. They don't have rib protectors and you can customize them somewhat. You can find them for around $50.

Sonny

I have the 5030's..will likely look for some Bauer Classic..a little more protection...but keeping a low profile..

It's typically not the checking that will get you but guys falling down and taking you with them or incidental contact. And our league which is non-checking still has a lot of contact. Like others have said its better to be safe then sorry.

I have to wear shoulder pads for a non-checking hockey class I'm taking this semester, so I bought these for $30:

Itech SP50 Minimalist

The shoulder caps are removable. I wore them with the shoulder caps on last tuesday, but I'm going to try them without the shoulder caps tomorrow.

It's typically not the checking that will get you but guys falling down and taking you with them or incidental contact. And our league which is non-checking still has a lot of contact. Like others have said its better to be safe then sorry.

Exactly. You get some hammerhead who likes to rip the puck but has no control (like me) and you can get some nice bruises.

I wear something that is very similar to the tour shirt. All i wear now is a rugby compression shirt that has some pads in it. I love it, has enough padding to protect in a mens league non check game.