Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Grand Rapids/Toronto game on Sat

Im not going but a player for you to watch JR, #37 for Grand Rapids, Donald Maclean. Big goal scorer, personal friend of mine aswell.

Is his nickname American Pie?

Now that would be funny. Imagine some opponents calling him "Miss American Pie."

Did you end up going? I hope you pakced an extra hockey bag to stock up on beer to take back! Did you like the Rhicoe rink?

Sid

Yes. Went with a couple of friends. Drive was long and boring. Van Andel's a nice rink...obviously if you know the ownership history, I wore my Solar Bears jersey. (Rich DeVos owns RDV and the Solar Bears, his son Dan owns GR. Orlando was supposed to be the Wings affiliate in the NHL but travel and having two teams in the DeVos family nixed that idea, so Dan got it.)

Got some looks but met a guy from the Griffins organization and we talked for a while about the good ol' IHL.

They had a section in which they sold gameworn sticks/gloves/pants/jerseys.

I was low on cash but almost picked up a gameworn practice for $40.

Great game. Didn't see Travis Richards out there (I knew his brother Todd, who was the captain in Orlando and currently the Milwaukee Admirals' coach) but saw guys like Bates Battaglia and J-S Aubin playing for TO. Game started out chippy but then it had a good flow to it. American Pie scored the GWG but I missed it - we bolted with 4 min. Traffic getting out of that parking garage would've been brutal.

What no trip to the Beer store tisk tisk. It should have been a toss up bewteen a trip for hockey or beer.

Very nice rink with great views but small and the beer sucks Canadian/EX/ & Coors light. Save your money and hit the pubs after!!!